[REMOVE ADS]

Laurel Guest

I really like this fourm

HI my name is Laurel. I joined this forum a couple of days ago and I like it so much. There are a lot of smart and knowledgeable people here. But most of all you're talking about music that brings back so many good memories for me and I know for you as well. I'm so happy I found this place on the internet. I love finding old musical treasures when I go to garage sales and flea markets. If I find anything is it OK for me to share my finds here?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
    HI my name is Laurel. I joined this forum a couple of days ago and I like it so much. There are a lot of smart and knowledgeable people here. But most of all you're talking about music that brings back so many good memories for me and I know for you as well. I'm so happy I found this place on the internet. I love finding old musical treasures when I go to garage sales and flea markets. If I find anything is it OK for me to share my finds here?
    Welcome Laurel!!!
    Glad you're enjoying your time on SDF. There certainly are many knowledgeable people here!!!!! And like
    you said, it's all about the greatest music ever made. Please do share any interesting finds!!!!

Welcome Laurel........have at it.....

Welcome to the forum, Laurel. Please don't feel intimidated about anything you might like to know. That is why we are here. Enjoy yourself.

Welcome Laurel,
    This is a great place to be. I stumbled across this site several years ago and I've never regretted being a part of it. Come on in, take your shoes off. Make yourself at home

Good Morning Laurel...
    Welcome to the Soulful Detroit Forum.
    Lots of great information and good people here.
    Try the Trivia Questions in the Abraham Wilson Smooth CD section.
    They are a real challenge.

Smooth

Welcome.....This is the BEST site ever about all we love about our music. The people here have an encyclopedic knowledge about, well..everything. it seems. ENJOY...Paulo xxx

Laurel Guest
    Thank you everyone for welcoming me here. I just got home after spending the morning going to some garage sales. I didn't spend too much money! I bought a 4 tops Greatest Hits CD [[I wish it was an LP as I like LPs more) and I plan to play it later this weekend when I do my weekend housework, that should motivate me to get my work done! I also bought a bedspread which I plan to turn into a jacket and a pair of slacks. I like making clothes and bedspreads, believe or not, can be turned into a fun outfit to wear.

Welcome laurel you're gonna like this place.

I also bought a bedspread which I plan to turn into a jacket and a pair of slacks. I like making clothes and bedspreads, believe or not, can be turned into a fun outfit to wear.

It appears we have more talent here on the forum.

i did that too.................i went to a fancy dress party as lawrence of arabia!

I also bought a bedspread which I plan to turn into a jacket and a pair of slacks. I like making clothes and bedspreads, believe or not, can be turned into a fun outfit to wear.
    Laurel, Ralpht & Tamla617 that is very interesting. I shoot a lot of fashion and I've never heard of making clothing out of bed spreads. I am very intrigued right now. Would love to see some of the creations.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Mr. T, just be sure that the bedspreads are good looking pieces of cloth. We might not be so nice should you be a parody of the main character from Meet the Browns. Smile!!

nabob,
    I was just quoting Laurel in my above post. Sorry if I gave the impression I could sew creatively. I have put a button on a time or two.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Thank you everyone for welcoming me here. I just got home after spending the morning going to some garage sales. I didn't spend too much money! I bought a 4 tops Greatest Hits CD [[I wish it was an LP as I like LPs more) and I plan to play it later this weekend when I do my weekend housework, that should motivate me to get my work done! I also bought a bedspread which I plan to turn into a jacket and a pair of slacks. I like making clothes and bedspreads, believe or not, can be turned into a fun outfit to wear.
    Some of my best drag came from old bedspreads.

Hi this is Kev-Lo

I know I hav'nt been on here for quite sometime, But I've always loved this forum and welcome aboard Laurel

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Laurel, Ralpht & Tamla617 that is very interesting. I shoot a lot of fashion and I've never heard of making clothing out of bed spreads. I am very intrigued right now. Would love to see some of the creations.
    see you in the sinai dessert,camels are cheap,bring some beer and dont forget yer box brownie!

Laurel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I don't know if I would call the clothes I make fashion or not! I just have some patterns and cut them out of the bedspreads and I get to sewing! One of my friends in the Red Hat Society told me you can make clothes from bedspreads, if they're clean bedspreads, naturally. I'm 61 years old, 5 feet 2 and I weigh 95 pounds. I don't need to use too much material. I just enjoy making the clothes and wearing them around the house or when I go to garage sales and flea markets or have lunch with my Red Hat Society friends. The Red Hat Society is a great group of girls. We're all over 50, we wear our red hats when we go out to dinner or lunch or shopping or the movies or a show. We just have fun and we don't care what people think. We've earned our right to have fun.

We just have fun and we don't care what people think. We've earned our right to have fun.
    Well spoken..........

Welcome Laurel!!!

Welcome aboard !

I don't know if I would call the clothes I make fashion or not! I just have some patterns and cut them out of the bedspreads and I get to sewing! One of my friends in the Red Hat Society told me you can make clothes from bedspreads, if they're clean bedspreads, naturally. I'm 61 years old, 5 feet 2 and I weigh 95 pounds. I don't need to use too much material. I just enjoy making the clothes and wearing them around the house or when I go to garage sales and flea markets or have lunch with my Red Hat Society friends. The Red Hat Society is a great group of girls. We're all over 50, we wear our red hats when we go out to dinner or lunch or shopping or the movies or a show. We just have fun and we don't care what people think. We've earned our right to have fun.
    Welcome to the forum Laurel. I've made some lovely bedroom slippers out of old bed quilts which are really lovely and soft on my feet.

Best to you.

Roberta

I read the book on the Red Hat Society. Made me smile. My mother became a member.

Ralph,ralph you need some threads? All you gotta do is come to me man you da godfadda you gotta look good and you know i got the hookup...i'm gonna send you some samples from my personal collection now i got some genuine honest to goodness 1000% imitation[real imitation not that fake stuff]porcupine skin suits[deep purple veloir]sharp and i got some triple laminated inside out sundried wolverine skin shirts that you'll love and wait til you see the pointed toe low heeled almost genuine pigion toed sparrow skin dress shows you gonna be sharp[now let me get out to tha hood and catch my man shaky shady]!!

Welcome aboard Laurel,

I'm glad that you've decided to come aboard. Enjoy your stay & you are around some of the nicest & most generous people I've ever known!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    Ralph,ralph you need some threads? All you gotta do is come to me man you da godfadda you gotta look good and you know i got the hookup...i'm gonna send you some samples from my personal collection now i got some genuine honest to goodness 1000% imitation[real imitation not that fake stuff]porcupine skin suits[deep purple veloir]sharp and i got some triple laminated inside out sundried wolverine skin shirts that you'll love and wait til you see the pointed toe low heeled almost genuine pigion toed sparrow skin dress shows you gonna be sharp[now let me get out to tha hood and catch my man shaky shady]!!
    if we arranged to meet up how will i recognise you?

arrr&bee...

Come on brother, you know that you ain't really stepping unless you're wearing some genuine squirrel or skunk fur!

Welcome Laurel,

I'm glad you're enjoying the forum so much. It's addictive, isn't it!?

arr&bee and the rest of you lunatics - all your clothing chatter reminds me of the song Shopping For Clothes - "them buttons are solid gold", "pure pure herringbone", haha, I love that song!

Oldies

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    arrr&bee...

Come on brother, you know that you ain't really stepping unless you're wearing some genuine squirrel or skunk fur!
    haaaaaaaa,you know that's right,hey juice you know i try to be like you with the dressin...you da man between the two of us we'll have ralph pimped down!!

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    if we arranged to meet up how will i recognise you?
    tamla just go down by the pool hall and if you see a long gold el dorado pull up...that won't be me,i'll be in the long gold painted[real gold paint not that imitation stuff]yugo[yep i got the last one]i'll have my imitation almost fake banana skin cane with matching shades and ivory soap skinned low pointed toe killer loafers..that's me!!

I'm relating to all of this............

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    tamla just go down by the pool hall and if you see a long gold el dorado pull up...that won't be me,i'll be in the long gold painted[real gold paint not that imitation stuff]yugo[yep i got the last one]i'll have my imitation almost fake banana skin cane with matching shades and ivory soap skinned low pointed toe killer loafers..that's me!!
    you'll know me.i'll be the one in welders goggles!

arrr&bee

Though the skunk suit has a stripe, at least we know that the stripe down the back that Da Godfather will be wearing isn't yellow

Laurel Guest
    I want to thank all of you for your welcome but I don't understand the humor going on.

Laurel,

I think that it started when you mentioned that your bedspread & turning one into jacket & pants. From there, people began talking about clothes & outfits that they could make from bedspreads & it just got a little silly from there. Many times, one thought or statement morphs into many directions & this is just one example.

We have a humorous & imaginative bunch here

I want to thank all of you for your welcome but I don't understand the humor going on.
    Oh I wasn't being humorous when I told you about making bedroom slippers out of old bed quilts Laurel. You should try it. I have made many pairs for myself and family and close friends. There's a gal here that works for Avon and she sells a mint foot cream. Put on some Marvin Gaye music, lower your lights, massage your feet thoroughly with the mint cream, slip into your quilted slippers and you'll feel like you are in heaven. It's the most blissful feeling in the world. Better than you know what.

Best to you.

Roberta

Welcome Laurel. I can make my clothes look like an unmade bed. It's a kind of talent, but won't get me into the red hat society.

Uh Jai, I found this old photo of you and thought I would share....love the hat..........its alive...its alive......

Name:  pimp5.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  54.0 KB

It is alive i had to hit it with a hammer to make it stand still ,but that ain't me it's one of my standins cause you never know when a siren might be comin and in da hood you gotta be ready to move fast!!

Welcome Laurel