[REMOVE ADS]

Here's some fun - Enchantment video showing how it used to be done!

Great fun! I Mostly associated Enchantment with ballads, but this is definitely funky..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNbH6Z0roYA

And as they are today, superb harmonies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=7UJMiVfTrAc
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 10-18-2011 at 09:20 AM.

They are a great group indeed, Mike, thanks for the wake up. They are friends of the forum. They represent Detroit extremely well.

Funny, I've been playing them all week! Just rediscovered "Forever More". What an awesome, awesome song! EJ is my favorite tenor of "all times".

Enchantment come from Detroit? Didn't know they were Detroit guys......but I definitely think they match anything coming out of Detroit talent wise including The Temptations!!! Ooh, controversial!

Temptations you say? Hmmmmmm....not as controversial as you might think, both of your posts today on Enchantment and Wee-Gee [[Dramatics) have been influenced by The Temptations, if memory serves a member [[maybe two) of Enchantment are related to one or more of The Tempts. I would be specific but I truly don't remember.....lol.......maybe Smooth would know......I never gave it much thought, I met them once at a New Years Eve Party after a performance and I can hardly recall anything that was said [[ New Years !!) beyond them being super nice guys and wonderful performers. Although you would never know it, EJ has been considered legally blind for as long as I can remember. Good News is that 2 of their albums [[ both favorites) are due to be released on November 14, here are some photos.......The CD's are expanded and contains additional cuts......

ATTACH]3764[/ATTACH][ Name:  Encht 2 fr.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  20.8 KBName:  Ecnt lady fr.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  16.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Preach on Brother P!!!!!!!!

Paladin, thanks, I don't have either of those albums, so I have noted the release date......thanks for all the info!

You are very welcome. EJ has also released a gospel album. You can find more information at his website, Wiki and Soul Tracks. I looked them up the other day after you posted. The information is sketchy at best but it may satisfy your curiosity. We have talked about them over the years but never enough. They are overdo for a box set, they did record for three different record company's, Roadshow, RCA and Columbia which may be a contributing factor as to why we haven't gotten one. They are still popular althought thier released output is contained on only six albums, something I never really thought about, amazing...

Name:  649_White_Suits.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  41.3 KB Name:  583_Rust_Suits.jpg
Views: 1829
Size:  46.5 KB

Do they still have the 70s/80s line up?

Hahahaha...the last thing we need is more controversy,no enchantment is one of the classic soul groups who don't have to take a backseat to anyone[temps included].

MikeW-UK

Mike since you were nice enough to start this thread, I was going through some things in my DVD collection and thought you might like this :

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/9400GD.html

Name:  E.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  25.6 KB

As you can see it can be had for a very nice price.........I had forgot that I actually owned this one.....lol...........vintage 2008, it was filmed a lil bit south of me in Bloomington Illinois.......

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Enchantment come from Detroit? Didn't know they were Detroit guys......but I definitely think they match anything coming out of Detroit talent wise including The Temptations!!! Ooh, controversial!
    Of most definitely! They are from the heart of Detroit. They were so very popular when I was in high school and everyone knew the words to their songs!

Soulwally

E.J., Mickey, Joe B. & David are the 4 originals still with the group. Walter Jones replaced Bobby Green & has been a member of Enchantment for awhile now.

Enchantment is still putting on great shows today. E.J., Joe B. & the fellas sound great & put on one hell of an energetic show!

MikeW

I would say that you might have a different opinion if you were to see them live. Just as with The Dramatics, Enchantment was a formidable live act & more than held their own with any of the greats. It's sad to think that many live performances weren't recorded back in those days because the things that these brothers did live on stage are the stuff of legends.

Those whom were there know of what I speak.

That they didn't have as many hits as many of their peers is not indicative of their true talent, but rather is more a function of the times in which they came along. Unfortunately, they began their recording career as Disco was riding high & still got some big hits during that era & left us with classics. Unfortunately, 1979 changed everything R&B/Soul & what Disco didn't hurt, the wave known as Rap Music altered the R&B/Soul landscape for decades.

Sometimes, timing truly is everything.

I would say that you might have a different opinion if you were to see them live. Just as with The Dramatics, Enchantment was a formidable live act & more than held their own with any of the greats. It's sad to think that many live performances weren't recorded back in those days because the things that these brothers did live on stage are the stuff of legends.

Uh Juice did you read something I didn't...lol.......

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Uh Juice did you read something I didn't...lol.......
    Paladin, obviously so!!

I misread MikeW's post & was ERRONEOUSLY responding to his remark that they matched the talent coming out of Detroit. I will leave it up so as to illustrate the dangers of posting while obviously being under the influence of dyslexia!

To paraphrase an old public service announcement...

"This is your brain...this is your brain when misreading, posts then making an OBVIOUS ERROR in response to the ORIGINAL poster whose ORIGINAL opinion SUPPORTS what the person whom you're replying to has OBVIOUSLY already said!!!"

So, I humbly apologize to MikeW for my making such a ridiculous remark to his CLEARLY stated opinion that Enchantment is definitely the bomb & should he not forgive my egregious trespass, as punishment, I shall aurally thrash myself by playing some of those soulful dulcet tones of Mitch Miller & Pat Boone!!

Or in other words...yeah, what he [[MikeW) said!

Where's Emily LaTella when I really need her?

Well said Juice, I agree, if I had had the benefit of seeing them, I would have understood just how good they were on the uptempo as well as the ballads they are famous for, and which shine to this day. Thanks to Youtube, I got to see just how formidable they are on funky upbeat numbers, and just how strong their presentation and showmanship is. I have to say it has given me a great deal of pleasure to see such a strong response to the posting I made, hopefully even introduced those who like me who were unaware of their uptempo strengths!

cheers Mike

Thank you Mike for your generous spirit & kindness. I don't think that I could've survived listening to Mitch nor Pat. Anything but that!

I know that I've been gone awhile & have forgotten how to post quotes& maybe even pictures. I didn't know that my forgetting how to do things would also include having the ability to read & comprehend!!!

Cheers!!!

Now thats more like it, Pat Boone and Mitch Miller........Don't do it...it wasn't that bad......My mind immediately conjured up Pat's version of Tutti Frutti.....oh the agony....the pain.......

Glad you fella's are on the right track and I shall toast you both today by viewing the DVD and listening to one of my favorite Enchantment tunes " I Cant Forget You" what an absolutely great tune........"Cheers" !!!!!!!

Classic Soul !

Hell I may as well post it so folk will know what I'm talking about ..........

Thanks Paladin for the response & the post.

I looked at that DVD & as memory serves me, I shot that picture of them at The Bergen PAC, so I guess that's a DVD cover for the old resume. I'm sending you a p.m.

Got the message, thanks, the brothers have a very unique sound and I have enjoyed them immensely over the years, in my record collection they are right there with the Temptations, easy access as it were. .......

Anytime brother & whether people know it or not, 4of the members are perfectly capable of pulling off entire leads. I only say 4 because in traditional Soul & R&B groups, bass leads are the exception rather than the rule. Either way, these brothers still bring the skills & should be seen on so many more stages than they are. And I like them as people as well, very cool brothers.

You got it Juice they rank way high on my list of vocal groups, they would be in my top ten.....lol.........

Yeah. Isn't it too bad that Mike didn't agree?

Oh yeah, that was my mistake, wasn't it

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Great fun! I Mostly associated Enchantment with ballads, but this is definitely funky..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNbH6Z0roYA

And as they are today, superb harmonies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=7UJMiVfTrAc

Noice!! Thanks for posting these.

Paladin, thanks for posting I Can't Forget You...a great great track.......just looked up the CDs on Amazon and they are $18 EACH......does this not seem high? I would have thought at these prices, sales would be seriously compromised....... I could much more readily accept $18 for a cd with both albums...bummer

Mike you may want to try here...........

http://www.funkytowngrooves.co.uk/

Thanks for the direction Paladin. That worked!!!!!!!! Just ordered both cds at pre release discounted rate, £18.00 in total including shipping...that's a VERY GOOD DEAL. For UK viewers, http://www.funkytowngrooves.co.uk/ a UK website with some great deals, and just look at the outlet deals £1.99!!!!!!

Glad to help you out........

Just received the two Enchantment CDs from funkytowngrooves.........the sound quality is awesome. Wholeheartedly recommended.

It boggles my mind how groups like Enchantment, and The Floaters still have an avid fan base! These brothers had to be good back in the day to still carry on like this and to a bigger degree The Whispers. When I was younger I didnt appreciate these two groups but when I got older and saw them perform [[youtube) and television you look back and see how talented they were.

Enchantment cd sale.....I bought these two cds back in November...... they are not only excellent, but also significantly reduced!

http://www.funkytowngrooves.com/sear...&submit=submit

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    It boggles my mind how groups like Enchantment, and The Floaters still have an avid fan base! These brothers had to be good back in the day to still carry on like this and to a bigger degree The Whispers. When I was younger I didnt appreciate these two groups but when I got older and saw them perform [[youtube) and television you look back and see how talented they were.
    Yep, just found out that the floaters have more than one album beside the 1977 album that had float on.

With Enchament, Gloria and It's you that I need are a few songs that I know, but I do like the band.
    Last edited by candykamaine; 02-26-2012 at 03:07 AM.