Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    .... Thank you.
    You're welcome

stevin chann Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Stevin,
    This isn't about some sort of high school analogy. The fact is you come on here and blow a few so called facts around and expect everyone to fall down with joy regarding whatever it is you're trying to dish. Dude, you have to come across with a bit more credibility to gain some respect here.
    What facts ? Are all of you crazy ? I gave information from a reliable source in which I am apart of the detailed info. Problem is I didn't ask anyone too comment ? Didn't ask your thoughts on whether you agreed with me or not .Didn't know I needed too kneel too the beholders of this forum for approval and quite frankly you can look at the information and whether you care or you don't it doesn't really matter . If i posted the sun was not goin too shine tomorrow ,seems like I would get a comment or needed factual documentation that it will not shine well since we all cant control the sun nor can you control information you will just have too wait and see if what i said will be correct if it isnt guess what you didnt bet nor did you lose sleep over something that neither one of you will be making a MONEY OFF !!! So I would advise you and anyone else too read the info and take it for what its worth if you believe great if you dont great I choose to break this info with people who love this group and love this music If you want the inside info Im sorry you didnt get the scoop I DID ,AND ALL i DID WAS SHARE IT

stevin chann Guest
    I agree with your point this aint no trial sir !! All i can say is we will see

stevin chann Guest
    and I guess with your 70's superfly hat you would know a Grims Fairytale since they both came out around the same time. Don't need your acceptance don't care what you know who you know the comments weren't for you you read them because that's what you do you read . Your the type of person that's sits on the sideline and watches the game on the court and never had the courage too take a chance and get on the court where the game is being played. Keep on commenting from the chair your stuck in, in the stands where the game is passing you by and all you can do is comment yell scream out loud because you fail to have any talent but being a critic so so sad . Yaul need to get a grip its not that serious surprised at your loyalty for something you dont OWN and something YOU CANT CONTROL

stevin chann Guest
    Ralph your the administrator right read the original text where did I ask for Praise where did I ask for feed back all that was said that there are maneuverings going on that two legends will be joining each other for one last hurrah. Didn't ask for your Pulitzer on Soulful Detroit , Didnt ask you to take it serious like this was the end of the world or a cure for Cancer its just information that's all it is if you want to call me a liar [[fine ) Only time will tell and we will see who was right all this back n forth realy dont mean nothin because its either im right or im wrong dont mean how i put if it was the proper english if it was written correctly all that doesnt mean anything .Again no one is makin any money from this information but the parties involved and all who are commenting like their mad are like fans sittin in the stands yelling and screamin and the players are making the news and making the money and like a people we continue too watch other peoples lives rather than improving our own .

stevin chann Guest
    She maybe right again we will see thats all

stevin chann Guest
    Aaah where was your disclosure stating that you deal in Facts here ? Again people will be hurt and affected and their are certain obligations such as dates too be fulfilled so if your any kind of Music Business veteran people can get sued ,people will be out of work so certain have to remain quiet until its officially announced but if you deal in the world of marketing this is the best time too drum up an idea too gain market share !!!!!

What facts ? Are all of you crazy ? I gave information from a reliable source in which I am apart of the detailed info. Problem is I didn't ask anyone too comment ? Didn't ask your thoughts on whether you agreed with me or not .Didn't know I needed too kneel too the beholders of this forum for approval and quite frankly you can look at the information and whether you care or you don't it doesn't really matter
    Then why are you still posting ? Oh I get it you're having a conversation with yourself........as Michael would say Tee...hee.....hee........

I just got a chill........I'm holding my breathe and waiting for Tony Turner's, "All That Glittered" to be promoted in the next thread. Ring any bells for some old timers?!

stevin chann Guest
    Superfly u still answering I see cant get enough of hearing yourself dont see u want too put up any money thats what im talkin with and ends all conversation seems u would make a feminine sound with your superfly hat [[lol) Put your money up or shut up 1K

stevin chann Guest
    Wow Tony Turner haven't seen or heard from him since Eddie David and Dennis were together is he still alive ?

I had to ban Stevin. Sorry, but you just seemed to want to push buttons, and I don't need the grief.

I saw Stevin's last message in the headlines.......and it made me look in!

He's wondering if Tony Turner is still alive! That made me wonder if Stevin was Tony Turner and we were in for another haunting!

And now........we'll never know.

I didnt read all the posts but he certainly seemed to get agitated in a Tony Turner style.

Ralph again is correct
    Kalisa is correct

I hear Dusty Springfield singing

"Wishin and Hopin"

edafan

Thank you Edafan. Your support is appreciated.

Personally speaking, I think it would be good if the two factions, Otis and Dennis reunited. With the rate that we are losing all of our ledgends and the fact that the industry is ignoring for the most part, the rest, it would be great for this generation to see the history that we have taken for granted. Just one man's opinion.

Sometimes I really wish folk would read and then comment. This is for everybody, I had not harbored any wish or desire for this person to be banned. But it was quite clear to me from the onset that we [[I) were not engaged with a person who was dealing from the top of the deck. There is probably no one here who loves the Temptations as much as I do. But there was something wrong about the way the information was conveyed. For those of you who know me, confrontation is and always has been my last resort in order to effectively communicate. Remember I posted the picture and gave everyone background information as to why I thought SC post's may have some credibility behind it.

Jesus Christ people, Harry W, and Cornelius Grant were standing there as big as life and our poster didn't even acknowledge them. Really I don't have anything to prove either, but I'd never call someone out just to be argumentative, no matter how I felt about the subject matter.

I've been down this road before fighting with trolls, hackers, malcontents and such and I guess I'll suffer the slings and arrows that go along with it. Those of you who are new here will never know all the times I've been on point about people trying to damage the forum including a gang of malicious folk from the UK. After all,this is your forum and you have every right to express your opinions, but please before you take umbrage with me, please read and understand that I would never intentionally do or say anything that would result in bringing discredit to anyone here. But I refuse to be jacked around or played with, and if thats your concern when you come here, you'll have to deal with my opinions and expressions and I'm not sorry for that.

Blue skies: I thought about that and was about to make my reservations to a hotel in Florida where I could have breakfast with Dennis and other significant stars before I posted again . Believe it or not "dry cleaning" was probably brought up in one of those long ago threads...

As New Birth would say......Its been a Long Time......

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I saw Stevin's last message in the headlines.......and it made me look in!

He's wondering if Tony Turner is still alive! That made me wonder if Stevin was Tony Turner and we were in for another haunting!

And now........we'll never know.

I didnt read all the posts but he certainly seemed to get agitated in a Tony Turner style.
    You know, Jobeterob, when I first read his thread....Tip Top Diva [[Tony Turner) came to mind. It was just the style of writing and responses...and bad spelling! I was wondering when he'd show up again. It wasn't if he would show up....but, when. Well, guess we'll never really know. Just glad Ralph hit the delete button. Thanks Ralph. I can sleep better tonight!

I'll sleep better too, Blue.

Red face

Thank goodness we have peace again. You did the right thing Ralph.

You are the wind beneath my wings.

Thank you, Roberta. That is very kind.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Thank you, Roberta. That is very kind.
    My pleasure Ralph. Have a beautiful evening.

Roberta.

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post

Attachment 3729

PS: Melvin Franklin would have been 69 years old today.
    Can someone name the gentleman next to Bruce in the photo? Thanks!
    Last edited by kalisa; 10-14-2011 at 07:33 AM.

His name is Brian Summers.........

Thx, Paladin. In what way is he connected with the Tempts?

I wish I knew, thats the only name that I didn't know that was supplied with the picture. Thanks for asking. I had some other photos, there were quite a few availible to me but what the hell, this thread was a bummer from jump........

Now my computer has a mind of its own.........go figure, its probably time to put this to rest. Sorry I couldn't help you more......

this thread was a bummer from jump........
    its probably time to put this to rest. ......
    You're right, it was a train-wreck I couldn't stop watching. But I do love the picture you provided and got curious...

Still Here !

Ok, heres one for you..............looks like they were short a trophy.....+

Name:  Reunion 2.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  48.5 KB

Ok, heres one for you..............looks like they were short a trophy.....+

Name:  Reunion 2.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  48.5 KB

That's another great picture, thanks! No trophy for him, cause him is getting fired he just doesn' know it yet! LOL!!!!

All kidding aside, looking at this picture made me think that I would have never guessed that Ron Tyson would have remained with the group all these years. I remember his public debut with the Temptations was on "Motown 25" some 28 years ago! Go Ron!

No doubt, I referenced that in one of my earlier posts about Motown 25, Ali Woodson was in the audience....and Dennis was soon gone......but I never gave it a second thought about Ron remaining, he was perfect for the job. Now Barrington, Theo, and Ali/Dennis things surprised the heck out of me at first , its not funny but it seemed like after Melvin, their bass singers were all too mortal, I loved Ray Davis and Harry Mc.........RIP........oh yeah lets not forget to mention Louis Price and GC Cameron........I used to joke with Ms. M about there being 438 Tempts.........Bruce is ok but in a thankless situation and Terry Weeks carries himself like a seasoned Temptation........glad they are Still Here.....think I'll pull out that album today and take a listen....again.........

^^ I agree with you about Melvin. One of my favorate bass of the group. I do like harry and what little i have heard of Ray [[since he was only on one album) but I prefer Melvin's vocals over the rest.

Man, how can they put on these shows, even if they are not major, well funded events............and not have enough trophies/awards or whatever they are called. They cost about $14 to buy one. That's so uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Man, how can they put on these shows, even if they are not major, well funded events............and not have enough trophies/awards or whatever they are called. They cost about $14 to buy one. That's so uncomfortable.
    I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I did read somewhere [[so it isn't necessarily FACT) that Otis requested that Dennis be included in the award, when it was announced or the Tempts were invited or however that works. Maybe the PTBs had their order in for 5 Tempts already and it was too late to change it ? Or maybe Terry misplaced his for a minute? Interesting to speculate, maybe someone closer knows the story.

paladin... thanks for the picture!

Interesting viewpoints but I've noticed a trend in the industry where groups of concerned fans or other less publicized but well organized groups honor the stars and although I haven't researched this group, its nice to have them around as well as others who are doing exactly what a lot of us have demanded and thats honoring what few stars we have left. They were quite a few young folks receiving awards for their achievements in the form of scholarships.We all know the stories of those who have not been honored by those long standing and well funded groups.

I hope that Otis did extend an olive branch and maybe these two men can get along even if not performance wise but in life. It's a feel good story either way. I had to chuckle to myself when projecting my thoughts about ten years from now when you can bet if The Temptations continued down the same old road that they would eventually take the mantle of all those beleaguered Supreme fans and we 'd be writing threads about then in a totally different way, with headings like "Otis wears a purple hat to upstage Dennis Edwards at heroes Awards"

Berry Gordy, The Doziers, Freda Payne, Jackie Jackson, Ray Parker Jr were some of the luminaries at this show. One of my greatest memories of The Temptations was the original Reunion Tour and Marv's post made me think of this....Ron Tyson was not even a Temptation then .........wow its been 28 years......I cannot begin to describe how great it was to see all seven of them on stage together doing what they do.......

Kalisa.....you're very welcome.

If this is the Heroes and Legends Awards, I believe Janie Bradford has quite a bit to do with it. And yes, they have done a good job to date.

Speaking of Janie, I believe she was at the Heros and Legends awards show....but she's collecting her honors too........this was held on Oct 14...........

http://www.kierrahevents.org/Legends_Award.html

Name:  Janie.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  68.2 KB

I had to chuckle to myself when projecting my thoughts about ten years from now when you can bet if The Temptations continued down the same old road that they would eventually take the mantle of all those beleaguered Supreme fans and we 'd be writing threads about then in a totally different way, with headings like "Otis wears a purple hat to upstage Dennis Edwards at heroes Awards"
    ROFLOL!!! [[worth way more than a chuckle) oh pleeeease, anything but that!!

Dennis Edwards claims that Otis Williams weird glasses caused him to gain 50 lbs and split his new uniform pants !

Otis retorts that Dennis Edwards spilled Hagen Daz ice cream on dressing room floor causing him a severe ankle sprain !

Ron Tyson says they both should pull a Little Richard and Shut Up !

Bruce Williamson says he liked the Ice Cream !

Bruce Williamson and Dennis Edwards fight in dressing room over pizza topppings...... and so on , and so on.........

The Temptations new record "Fat Boy's" is a hit.......!!!!!!

How about the MAA announces "The Old Gal and the Other Old Gals Join The Old Farts" for a new single "I'm Gonna Be The First in the Old Folks Home".

How about " Save Your Depends for me "..............

I hope that Otis did extend an olive branch and maybe these two men can get along even if not performance wise but in life. It's a feel good story either way.
    Agree 100%. Some of the pictures up at Dennis's Facebook page were definitely in the feel-good category. Whether or not it leads to a re-combining of singing groups or not, at least they look happy to have water under the bridge here and lawsuits etc. in the past.Name:  dennisotishandshake.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  78.6 KB
    Name:  dennisotishug2.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  64.0 KB

woohoo, I figured out the photo thing!
    Last edited by kalisa; 10-17-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Agree 100%. Some of the pictures up at Dennis's Facebook page were definitely in the feel-good category. Whether or not it leads to a re-combining of singing groups or not, at least they look happy to have water under the bridge here and lawsuits etc. in the past.

woohoo, I figured out the photo thing!

I with you on all counts. I could really care less if they got back together or not, it is what it is. So much time, anger and bitterness has went on. I'm just glad to see them embrace each other. Sure Dennis could come back and jam every once and a while. And if they do reunite, I'm cool with that too. They are icons representative of good times past and hopefully good times in the future. They made history together and thats a good thing, probably the best thing, no need for this continued hate a player and the game for these two.....I'm smiling........glad you got the picture thing figured out.

I'm just glad to see them embrace each other. They are icons representative of good times past and hopefully good times in the future. They made history together and thats a good thing, probably the best thing, no need for this continued hate a player and the game for these two..
    Yes, even if it was just for the minute, it is good to see them embrace and smile and celebrate their mutual history-making.

ok, so much for the feel-good, back to the dish. Who the heck dresses Otis for these various functions? I've heard he is more than meticulous about the groups uniforms and appearance when they go onstage, but he is sometimes a fashion disaster otherwise. I mean... that shirt? that hat??? <<<gasp>>> Reminds me of their Grammy appearance where he wore what looked like prison-reject pajamas...

Name:  temptsgrammy.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  27.2 KB

but he is sometimes a fashion disaster otherwise. I mean... that shirt? that hat???
    I guess after being in the background for so many years, he finally decided to make his presence known by dressing in this particular fashion. It certainly garners attention. I remember years and years ago when he used to design and wear funky outfits.......one of his most significant contributions were the cuff less slacks with the inverted "V" cut over the shoes , he wore those consistently for a couple of years.........you gotta admit in some of his photo's over the past ten years , he's been a hot mess.......

On another note both sets of Temptations stage uniforms have been simply outlandish during the same time period, if I find some shots I'll post them....some times they come out dressed classically cool, other times.....it's like Halloween.......

If Otis wanted to do something really special for the groups 50th Anniversary he'd do a modern day reunion with Dennis, Richard and Theo either as a short tour or even just for a one night event that could be put on video.

Good point, Tracie. And then consider making it a permanent thing.

If Otis wanted to do something really special for the groups 50th Anniversary he'd do a modern day reunion with Dennis, Richard and Theo either as a short tour or even just for a one night event that could be put on video.

That is a good idea Tracie........maybe he's trying something along those lines.......

It warms my heart to know that these two legends are speaking again,beautiful.