[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    stevin chann Guest

The motown star's are aligning again

In almost a miraculous move that would never have been thought of again, it has been confirmed that former Temptation lead singer Dennis Edwards maybe on his way back too the group that gave him stardom[[The Tempting Temptations)For the upcoming new year 2012 will see the stars realigning themselves too give the public what they want and that's some good ol classic soul Motown music. Negotiations have begun too bring back Dennis and combine back the two Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame legends Otis Williams & Dennis Edwards too become a solid team again. An Insider of the group has said that it will be a renewed interest in the group as well as a win win for the public to see two legends align themselves once again. Once it is confirm we will be back too let you know but this will happen and happen soon you can count on it. Welcome home Dennis you were surely missed !!!!

I saw your post on the Motown Forum of SDF and since you cite that this miraculous event has been confirmed, yet you fail to name a source, I'll just say, I'll believe it when I see it. We've been down this road before and admittedly it would be news but I wouldn't consider it miraculous. Dennis and Otis have went back and forth before, endured extensive litigation and both have continued to earn a living plying their trade. Otis with The Temptations and Dennis and his Review.

A couple of months ago Otis Williams Facebook page was allegedly "hacked" and someone asked the general population "Should Bruce Williamson be fired and Dennis brought back to the group ? The response was overwhelmingly in favor of Dennis returning. Otis came on his page and rebuked the idea that he would ever post something like that.

Next at a Heroes and Legends event held in Cali, Dennis showed up and was honored along with the present incarnation of the Temptations and there was extended glad handing and well wishes by all parties and a much publicized photo of Dennis and Bruce shaking hands...[[ shades of Motown 25 lol ).

Both Dennis' group and The Temptations are doing quite well, not only is Dennis performing with the Review [[ which now includes Paul Williams Jr) he is also appearing at selected shows with Eddie Levert and Johnny Gill as The Voices. Dennis and Otis are saying and doing all the right things, they may be planning another "Reunion Tour like event" which makes more sense than them breaking up two successful groups just to say we've kissed and made up. But even if they do get back together it wouldn't surprise me because there is so much water under the bridge and its barely enough to make hope float.

In closing if you have specific details or confirmed sources, then I say stand and deliver, its a nice thought and a good story but I'll wait for something that can be confirmed by more than a FB posting or a post in SDF. Here is a photo of The Temptations together at the event I spoke of taken on August 25, 2011 at The Heroes and Legends Event which may be a contributing factor in your story. But I really don't know, do you have anything further to add ?

Name:  T's.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  31.6 KB

PS: Melvin Franklin would have been 69 years old today.
    Last edited by paladin; 10-12-2011 at 09:19 AM.

stevin chann Guest
    Thank you for the much insight that I already know , What I am telling you comes from the highest individuals associated with both groups. This is not a court of law people want to remain anonymous but Im telling 1st hand if it dont happen the only reason being some one has passed away !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I posted was not for your knowledge but for the Forum at large. Don't get me wrong, your commentary was appreciated, but as far as I can tell theres nothing official about the content of your message. There are serious and trusted posters on this forum who not only have insight and background information about these groups and they have consistently maintained their credibility over a long period of time and we haven't heard a peep out of them.

This is a public forum and I have made no reference to a court of law, but I [[we) don't know you from Adam and I don't see anyone jumping through hoops because you posted some information about the Temptations. Theres no doubt in my mind that this would be an interesting topic for discussion but the negotiations or legalities of such a happening would be substantial. I would love to believe that what you posted is true, but as far as I can tell you just got here and have little or no credibility. Furthermore what I posted is fact, not an assumption. Your report borders on similar things that most folk read and see on TMZ. I'm just saying...if you got it bring it...if not ....well we know..... that silence is golden.

I love the line ......."if it don't happen the only reason being someone has passed away"......no shhhhh !!!!!

So I guess we need to keep in mind that in a Court of Law, 2nd hand, passed on information is treated as valueless. And Facebook is about as reliable, much like Wikipedia.

So, we'll see.

The photo above appeared on Dennis's Facebook page 10 days or so back.

The problem with Facebook pages and websites is that they are becoming very unreliable. They are used to hype careers and the hype is often very much making an awful lot out of very little.

What I am telling you comes from the highest individuals associated with both groups.
    This is getting good........now lets see who could that possibly be ????? Otis and Dennis ?

Well alrighty then.......

But lets cut to the chase because I am really interested in these answers :

Why would they tell you ?

And who is the we ?, that will be getting back to us with this information ?

stevin chann Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    This is getting good........now lets see who could that possibly be ????? Otis and Dennis ?

Well alrighty then.......

But lets cut to the chase because I am really interested in these answers :

Why would they tell you ?

And who is the we ?, that will be getting back to us with this information ?
    Question being is why would'nt they tell me ? If you knew who you were addressing then possibly it would suffice your opinion !! But you dont know, or need too know who I am. The information was posted not for you or anyone too get a stock tip or insider trade transaction. It was a statement made too inform loyal Motown fans who may have interest in seeing whats left of some legends reconcile for one last hurrah. I may or may not be new too this site you dont know but the issue is you dont have too comment nor has anyone asked your opinion[[Amen) ? But if really need too know the reason being for the reunion is strickly economical and Business . If you cant beat them join them you kill two birds with one stone. But since your are the dean of this forum I will personally ask Otis if you can bless the reunion I m quite sure he would relish in you blessing this move. If you need to hold spelling or grammatical errors against me replying nack to your thread then please please but this information back on the shelf because I didnt sell it too you or asked you too buy it .I justbasically shred it with those who maybe interested [[Good Day Maam or Sir )

stevin chann Guest
    Absolutely [[lol)

Cool

Then why don't you tell us who you are , mystery man or madam ? But wait theres more, I would hardly consider myself The Dean of this forum...far from it. Now you tease us with a bit of clarification , a reunion you say ?
    I may or may not be new too this site you don't know but the issue is you don't have too comment nor has anyone asked your opinion[[Amen) ?
    Thats my point.....you may or may not be new to this site......all the more reason for me to question your authenticity or motivations? Let me repeat this once again: this is a public forum where members are expected to post their opinions either pro or con upon the subject matter. If you can't stand to be questioned concerning the veracity of your commentary maybe you need to ply your trade somewhere else .

It was a statement made too inform loyal Motown fans who may have interest in seeing whats left of some legends reconcile for one last hurrah.
    Well I'm a loyal Motown Fan and like I said I didn't solicit any information from you, I called you on it ? Getting a wee bit sensitive don't cha think ?

If you cant beat them join them you kill two birds with one stone.
    I guess that comment must be for Dennis Edwards since you are on a first name basis with Otis, yes ?

The grammatical correctness of your post or anyone else's is not my primary concern. You appear to have some religious fixation for I need not attempt to bless anything, thats not my area of expertise,[[ thats God-Father territory) nor do I think that you are a credible informant/poster who hides behind the internet to plant your seeds of TMZ journalism.

Question being is why would'nt they tell me ? If you knew who you were addressing then possibly it would suffice your opinion !! But you dont know, or need too know who I am.
    Once again thats what I asked you, don't you know who you are ? Who in the hell is they ? I fear no man , nor do I brook fools who hide behind a computer screen when discussing a group who is revered at this site among others. You came into our playground, dropped a bomb and now you tell us we got to play by your rules ? Listen Dude or Dudette, I could care less who you are, since apparently you are not man or woman enough to tell us. I see that you have been carefully trained in the art of evasion. Undoubtedly your skill at persuasion is non existent. You have my permission to run and tell Otis that.......You might be in for a surprise. If it happens, thats fine, I can rest assured that you had nothing to do with it..........

You know this is like Dennis' 4th stint with the group? Could this be the 7th sign and Diane and Mary will be next to reunite? hehehehehehe.....! Sorry but I had to through that in there.
    Last edited by marv2; 10-12-2011 at 09:27 PM.

I saw your post on the Motown Forum of SDF and since you cite that this miraculous event has been confirmed, yet you fail to name a source, I'll just say, I'll believe it when I see it. We've been down this road before and admittedly it would be news but I wouldn't consider it miraculous. Dennis and Otis have went back and forth before, endured extensive litigation and both have continued to earn a living plying their trade. Otis with The Temptations and Dennis and his Review.

A couple of months ago Otis Williams Facebook page was allegedly "hacked" and someone asked the general population "Should Bruce Williamson be fired and Dennis brought back to the group ? The response was overwhelmingly in favor of Dennis returning. Otis came on his page and rebuked the idea that he would ever post something like that.

Next at a Heroes and Legends event held in Cali, Dennis showed up and was honored along with the present incarnation of the Temptations and there was extended glad handing and well wishes by all parties and a much publicized photo of Dennis and Bruce shaking hands...[[ shades of Motown 25 lol ).

Both Dennis' group and The Temptations are doing quite well, not only is Dennis performing with the Review [[ which now includes Paul Williams Jr) he is also appearing at selected shows with Eddie Levert and Johnny Gill as The Voices. Dennis and Otis are saying and doing all the right things, they may be planning another "Reunion Tour like event" which makes more sense than them breaking up two successful groups just to say we've kissed and made up. But even if they do get back together it wouldn't surprise me because there is so much water under the bridge and its barely enough to make hope float.

In closing if you have specific details or confirmed sources, then I say stand and deliver, its a nice thought and a good story but I'll wait for something that can be confirmed by more than a FB posting or a post in SDF. Here is a photo of The Temptations together at the event I spoke of taken on August 25, 2011 at The Heroes and Legends Event which may be a contributing factor in your story. But I really don't know, do you have anything further to add ?

Name:  T's.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  31.6 KB

PS: Melvin Franklin would have been 69 years old today.

Very nice pic! There's Harry and Corneilous. I wonder if the thought of getting Richard to come back ever came up?

What I posted was not for your knowledge but for the Forum at large. Don't get me wrong, your commentary was appreciated, but as far as I can tell theres nothing official about the content of your message. There are serious and trusted posters on this forum who not only have insight and background information about these groups and they have consistently maintained their credibility over a long period of time and we haven't heard a peep out of them.

This is a public forum and I have made no reference to a court of law, but I [[we) don't know you from Adam and I don't see anyone jumping through hoops because you posted some information about the Temptations. Theres no doubt in my mind that this would be an interesting topic for discussion but the negotiations or legalities of such a happening would be substantial. I would love to believe that what you posted is true, but as far as I can tell you just got here and have little or no credibility. Furthermore what I posted is fact, not an assumption. Your report borders on similar things that most folk read and see on TMZ. I'm just saying...if you got it bring it...if not ....well we know..... that silence is golden.

I love the line ......."if it don't happen the only reason being someone has passed away"......no shhhhh !!!!!
    Kdub, some very good points you made. This a public forum which restricts me from saying or discussing certains without permission from some of the subjects. I would to see Dennis perform one more time with Otis' group since it has been so very long and none of us are getting any young. But, if it doesn't happen, I'm cool with that too.

Cool

Kdub, some very good points you made. This a public forum which restricts me from saying or discussing certains without permission from some of the subjects. I would to see Dennis perform one more time with Otis' group since it has been so very long and none of us are getting any young. But, if it doesn't happen, I'm cool with that too.
    Thanks Marv, I have friends in the business, I've been in hotel rooms, back rooms, back stage and all kinds of places and situations with more of our beloved stars than you can shake a stick at, I have been privy to insider secrets and conversations, know stories both good and bad that would straighten Stony Jackson's Jheri Curl. But I have never betrayed an artists confidence, never have , never will. I have spent years on this forum covering all types of acts from the West Coast to East Coast, Detroit and Chicago included and like many of us here its rare that any "news" would be earth shaking**. This prospect that Otis and Dennis getting back together for any reason is news worthy but I doubt that it would result in gold or platinum records or that it would even be the lead story in Billboard or Rolling Stone, Ebony or Jet might pick it up, but its not like we have been waiting on this like its the second coming. Ooops forgive my religious analogy........Otis has done a superb job as has Dennis in keeping us interested in the Temptations in one form or another for well over fifty years. They have achieved far more than they even imagined as 5 young men from Detroit . But thats beside the point, back to the issue, I didn't start this thread, I asked a simple question and all I got was fractured answers from a person who claims to know what he or she is talking about. But I think the thing that set off alarms was the part about one of them dieing. I mean no shit Sherlock.........

Oh yeah Marv, you know I know who was in the picture, but the thread starter didn't even comment on that ? Yeah he's an insider alright, inside his own mind.

Very nice pic! There's Harry and Corneilous. I wonder if the thought of getting Richard to come back ever came up?
    Marv you don't think.....oh hell no...........

**The death of anyone is earth shaking including members of this forum, recently there have been many and we commented on those and gave them respect and placed them in their proper perspective, its not something I'd bandy around in a lame attempt to authenicate my posts. One last thing, I have never posted a single picture that I took without the subjects permission.

stevin chann Guest
    It Maybe True ? It Mayb not ? Didnt know I had too prove anything too anyone and lastly what the hell do you care if it is ? But If you have some money I WOLD LOVE TOO TAKE IT FROM YOU BECAUSE THAT WILL BE THE ONLY THING YOU WILL UNDERSTAND . I HAVE 1K THAT THIS WILL GO DOWN ? IF YOU FEEL YOU'D LIKE TOO UP THE ANTE TRUST ME I WILL GLAD TAKE YOUR MONEY WITH NO REGRET AND LAUGH AT YOU AS IM TAKIN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND NO I DIDNT HAVE ANYTHING TOO DO WITH IT OR MAYBE I DID [[WHAT DO YOU CARE )? MIND YOUR BUSINESS NO ONE POSTED THIS FOR YOU

Thanks Marv, I have friends in the business, I've been in hotel rooms, back rooms, back stage and all kinds of places and situations with more of our beloved stars than you can shake a stick at, I have been privy to insider secrets and conversations, know stories both good and bad that would straighten Stony Jackson's Jheri Curl. But I have never betrayed an artists confidence, never have , never will. I have spent years on this forum covering all types of acts from the West Coast to East Coast, Detroit and Chicago included and like many of us here its rare that any "news" would be earth shaking**. This prospect that Otis and Dennis getting back together for any reason is news worthy but I doubt that it would result in gold or platinum records or that it would even be the lead story in Billboard or Rolling Stone, Ebony or Jet might pick it up, but its not like we have been waiting on this like its the second coming. Ooops forgive my religious analogy........Otis has done a superb job as has Dennis in keeping us interested in the Temptations in one form or another for well over fifty years. They have achieved far more than they even imagined as 5 young men from Detroit . But thats beside the point, back to the issue, I didn't start this thread, I asked a simple question and all I got was fractured answers from a person who claims to know what he or she is talking about. But I think the thing that set off alarms was the part about one of them dieing. I mean no shit Sherlock.........

Oh yeah Marv, you know I know who was in the picture, but the thread starter didn't even comment on that ? Yeah he's an insider alright, inside his own mind.

**The death of anyone is earth shaking including members of this forum, recently there have been many and we commented on those and gave them respect and placed them in their proper perspective, its not something I'd bandy around in a lame attempt to authenicate my posts. One last thing, I have never posted a single picture that I took without the subjects permission.
    First I must apologize for my earlier posting and the very sloppy typing. I was in a hurry. To reiterate what I was saying about not being able to freely discuss everything we may be aware here on the Forum....remember "My Motown TV Special?" and all the crap that came along behind it? That may not be the best example, but like you, I know a lot of people and they tell me things that I can't repeat without their authorization. This whole announcement/speculation that Dennis may be going back to the Temptations just made me happy or should I say hopeful. It would shake things up a bit even if it was only temporary. Let's see what happens.

Marv

I think Richard would be agreeable if an offer was made sincerely. I am sure he is probably tired of playing places like Finland........hehehehehe. No offense meant to our Finnish neighbors ok?

Wait a minute! Stoney Jackson? I just caught what you said! LOL!!!! I had one like that too for a hot minute back between 1981 - 83. LOL!

Yes, it is never good to repeat things were told to you in confidence in a public forum or anywhere.

@ Mystery Man SC: So who did you post it for ? Man you getting all upset about nothing, like my Daddy used to say a fool and his money are soon parted.......no need to shout or make absurb commentary, how in the heck can you bet somebody and you don't even know who you are ? You can't even figure out if you had something to do with it or not, whether you're an ex or current forum member masquerading as someone else or if they plan to make a record or have a reunion. C'mon man....and you want to bet money ? If I had to guess, I'd say that you are young and very immature or an old immature fool, opting for one last gasp of glory trying to impress yourself because you just met yourself. I find it quite refreshing yet highly unlikely that either Dennis or Otis would even associate with you. But you know better than me right......right ! Tell you what dial 1800-555 TMZZ and see if they'll pay you for your inside information and then get back to me........I'll be here waiting but I may take a nap first........while you pace outside the dressing room door and wait for Otis and the Tempts to give you the latest update.......after you pick up their dry cleaning.........by the way I got a mirror you could use..........
    Last edited by paladin; 10-12-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Marv, read the quote above, I thought that maybe you were inferring that our Mystery Guest's secret identity was Richard Street, sorry dude, couldn't stop laughing. But I guess after his most recent post above we can rule that out.........He's probably out playing tag with the Three Billy Goats Gruff.......

As an official honorary Temptation, was HW required to get up and sing with them?

Drew just let me say this because of our mystery guest....I've been called The Honorary Temptation ..........but when The Dells found out they threatened to kick my ass........I actually had to change camps one hot summer night in Chicago, funniest dam experience I ever had.........and there were other forums members present who heard me capitulate.......

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    ... To reiterate what I was saying about not being able to freely discuss everything we may be aware here on the Forum....remember "My Motown TV Special?" and all the crap that came along behind it? That may not be the best example, but like you, I know a lot of people and they tell me things that I can't repeat without their authorization. This whole announcement/speculation that Dennis may be going back to the Temptations just made me happy or should I say hopeful.
    As I was reading this thread, I was tempted to mention your Motown 50 fiasco but did not want to reopen that can of worms. But since you opened it, let me use it as an example. Stevin Chann professes to have inside info about this, but he doesn't have the authorization to tell it. Then he signs in here and tells it to make himself feel important. But when pressed for further info or confirmation of his announcement, he says that he is not authorized to say anything. WELL, THEN, HE SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID ANYTHING. As you said, reading that announcement has made you and many others happy and hopeful . How disappointed everyone will be if this Temptation grouping is something that will never happen. Just as everyone was disappointed when the Motown 50 Special that you had inside info about never happened. I am not saying Steve or you did not have inside info. But until something is signed and sealed, people who are privy to that info should not post it on a public forum

stevin chann Guest
    I can post what I want and If you read oops's I forgot you DONT READ !!! This is not 2012 and as you said stuff can happen groups are obligated to promoters as well as their employees s for legal reasons at this time announcements aren't be mentioned in fear of lawsuits as well as a struggling economy where musicians and singers will no longer have a steady Gig.People like you who sit on these sites and run your thoughts back and forth fail to realize that or Im sorry you must be a white or black republican and don't care who you hurt .Again I'm sorry Democrat [[right wing left wing same bird ) but if you really must understand since you were an honorary tempt u should of gotten the memo. You should look any business operation especially on Wall St and what do Businesses practice ?They Practice Capitalism and that is defined as eliminate your competition cant be much clearer than that !!! Struggling economy both teams not doing as well time running out on life need money BOOM COMBINE BUSINESSES [[ Damn Thought You were Smart Being the celebrated Dean of The Chat Room ) Lastly- if you were the one that took that photo and was at the event somethings and hints were dropped if you weren't paying attention what was being said then its all relative and in the midst of things This really dont mean anything to you . But it does something too me since I will benefit from it . On your last comment - Just so you know we live in a society of Marketing where we are being sold on an Idea first then a product. The Idea set up the customer base too see or hear a reaction [[ Its called strategy sir , read The Art of War by Sun Tzu ) If you notice its done everyday of the week with film preview's Book preview's video games [[ Madden 2012) News show [[ to promote fear in society) The end of our society [[Next Year 2012) Reunions etc etc . This happens too see if there is a interest in what ever a company or someone maybe offering. If you stop thinking you have a inside track or you know someone that you met and still have a relationship with in either group they would of told you that but obviously Like when Berry sold Motown [[ you were left out of the loop ) sorry understand Now ?

It's like the Supreme Court here. Cant we just welcome people who may have some info and see what happens? Have fun and get excited about possibilites. We are all adults and I think can handle the outcome. We are talking about singing groups not nuclear war. Mary Wilson- at her NYC Up Close show[[typed where so I dont get put on witness stand!!) told me herself she thought Diana shouted out love to her at BET as a possible entree for a reunion for Motowns 50th--didnt happen--but it was fun to wait and see. Lets relax. And yes Marv I mentioned the possible constellation too--remember the girls were all together recently at Mary's show! Cant let astrology baby baby chart our destiny!

stevin chann Guest
    Thank You Luke , thank you for the Welcome ,didnt know I had to display scientific evidence too be heard or let people know what is coming down the pipeline THANK YOU

I hear you steve. Thanks for possibilities!!

I think in Steve's last post, he is trying to say that someone in the Temptation organization asked him to send out what is commonly called a "trial balloon" to see how an idea is received. Usually, a trial balloon would say something like, "it is rumored, or there is speculation, or something similar. I could say more, but it would sound like a personal attack and that is not what this board is about. Steve may just need a little more practice in sending up trial balloons.

But , back on subject, I would welcome this if it were to happen. I've seen the Dennis Edwards' Temptation Revue and they present an enjoyable performance. But they are not legitimate Tempts. It'd be nice to see Dennis re-unite with Otis.

I can post what I want and If you read oops's I forgot you DONT READ !!! This is not 2012 and as you said stuff can happen groups are obligated to promoters as well as their employees s for legal reasons at this time announcements aren't be mentioned in fear of lawsuits as well as a struggling economy where musicians and singers will no longer have a steady
    You don't have to repeat what I say instead of answering the questions you rant and rave about nonsense. The idea is great, hope it works, but instead of referring people to Sun Tzu, Madden or The Ancient Mayans, maybe you could read a standard English book and realize the difference between a declarative and an interrogative ?

Furthermore you were the one who claimed to have inside information and a relationship with the "higher ups" in both groups. Now I realize you are nothing more than a malignant troll whose word knowledge and reading comprehension barely exceeds the eight grade. Your scenarios are better suited for Grimm's Fairy Tales.

By the way.......you made the announcement , idiot.......

stevin chann Guest
    Amazingly look at the photo posted , Do you see wear Bruce is standing ? There are no coincidences ,its almost as he if he is on the outside looking In [[ Motown 25 "Its All Over Your Face Someone Taking Your Place - oooh Im losing you " ) Levi Stubbs

Luke makes a good point in welcoming new comers, so Stevin, we welcome you to the forum. However, when you cite what you say are facts regarding the Temptations various incarnations it is best to back your statements up with actual facts instead of somewhat iffy statements. Bear in mind you are communicating with some very credible folks here.

Marv, read the quote above, I thought that maybe you were inferring that our Mystery Guest's secret identity was Richard Street, sorry dude, couldn't stop laughing. But I guess after his most recent post above we can rule that out.........He's probably out playing tag with the Three Billy Goats Gruff.......
    Oh no. Let me clear that up right away. I never thought or even meant to infer that Mr. Chann was Richard Street. I was just speculating further that why stop at Dennis, why not also get Richard Street [[who is still out there performing with his own group) to rejoin. It would cut down on some of the public's confusion. Your posts are funny man , hehehehehehe.....

Drew just let me say this because of our mystery guest....I've been called The Honorary Temptation ..........but when The Dells found out they threatened to kick my ass........I actually had to change camps one hot summer night in Chicago, funniest dam experience I ever had.........and there were other forums members present who heard me capitulate.......
    Now you don't want to get the Dells upset. Once you do, you truly have to watch your back! The Dells are not to be fooled with... [[smile).

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    As I was reading this thread, I was tempted to mention your Motown 50 fiasco but did not want to reopen that can of worms. But since you opened it, let me use it as an example. Stevin Chann professes to have inside info about this, but he doesn't have the authorization to tell it. Then he signs in here and tells it to make himself feel important. But when pressed for further info or confirmation of his announcement, he says that he is not authorized to say anything. WELL, THEN, HE SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID ANYTHING. As you said, reading that announcement has made you and many others happy and hopeful . How disappointed everyone will be if this Temptation grouping is something that will never happen. Just as everyone was disappointed when the Motown 50 Special that you had inside info about never happened. I am not saying Steve or you did not have inside info. But until something is signed and sealed, people who are privy to that info should not post it on a public forum
    You cannot use "IT" as an example because you do not know anything about that subject other that what one former forum member with deep-seated issues had said over and over.

No, here's the difference, I am very sane and very healthy according to my doctors. I also was brought up with good manners. You will not hear or see me going around this forum for the next two years talking about whether or not Dennis Edwards has re-joined Otis' group, "The Temptations". So don't hurt yourself stretching and straining trying to draw a corrolation!
    Last edited by marv2; 10-13-2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: I left the "d" off of "and"

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It's like the Supreme Court here. Cant we just welcome people who may have some info and see what happens? Have fun and get excited about possibilites. We are all adults and I think can handle the outcome. We are talking about singing groups not nuclear war. Mary Wilson- at her NYC Up Close show[[typed where so I dont get put on witness stand!!) told me herself she thought Diana shouted out love to her at BET as a possible entree for a reunion for Motowns 50th--didnt happen--but it was fun to wait and see. Lets relax. And yes Marv I mentioned the possible constellation too--remember the girls were all together recently at Mary's show! Cant let astrology baby baby chart our destiny!

Luke, you are just too cool..........

stevin chann Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Luke makes a good point in welcoming new comers, so Stevin, we welcome you to the forum. However, when you cite what you say are facts regarding the Temptations various incarnations it is best to back your statements up with actual facts instead of somewhat iffy statements. Bear in mind you are communicating with some very credible folks here.
    Thank You All i can say is wait and see , If you read my statements on lawsuits and the actuality of people losing Jobs I think discretion is best until its announced should be of caution [[There are friends and people who will be affected ) And again I'm not selling stock tips and asking people too buy it no needs too comment no one needs too read the statements It by no means affects anyone's well being but the parties involved who will be coming together and who will be FIRED !!!!

Amazingly look at the photo posted , Do you see wear Bruce is standing ? There are no coincidences ,its almost as he if he is on the outside looking In [[ Motown 25 "Its All Over Your Face Someone Taking Your Place - oooh Im losing you " ) Levi Stubbs
    Now you're reporting that instead of a Reunion, Dennis is replacing Bruce ? Thats a great trial ballon..........lol.......

@ Marv.....I understand.......this is too funny....

stevin chann Guest
    Again Marv great point in the way you maneuver with your words being politically correct [[Amen) ? But again if you read and obviously people don't read the full context I said this is Marketing and things getting put out there too see and hear a reaction of too what may be the interest PERIOD.Those of you who said this may or not be credible It really doesn't matter because None of you are apart of Star Direction , Universal ,The Tempts or The Temptation Review. Didn't know we needed to post our credentials on who we are before people could actually share info. Dont know who any of you guys are and preferably I could care less if you wanted us too know you you would state your full names but we dont so there . Its just information guys its all it is if it happens enjoy if it doesn't ,it doesn't . I don't have anything too prove too anyone in this forum. I don't need attention because no one knows who I am by name anyway .So Marv I wont hurt myself , I delivered a message got a reaction from some old pro's who's days are damn near but over and holding on too the part of when they were relevant . Sorry if you guys aren't in the loop but what do you actually care ? Really ? Its information that's all it is this is not the scientific cure for Aids and I need proof . Its Information and its Entertainment ENJOY IT [[This is the Music and Entertainment Game Stuff happens )

stevin chann Guest
    Never said it was a Reunion READING IS FUNDAMENTAL TRY IT

Since I'm not really involved with this convo, I will just add my 2 cents and quickly exit. In another thread, someone asked why people don't respond to certain threads and only view. This is one of the reasons why. Its just a message board guys. Yes there are times when words are spelled wrong, or wrong information is posted regarding deaths etc. Mistakes happen. Regarding misspelled words, no one has time for someone else to correct their grammar on a message board, that's just silly. Sometimes people have information that comes from somone on the "inside". Sometimes its in regards to someone [[who we may hold dear) but for the general public and sites like yahoo, CNN, etc. they are unknown. There is not always a link. Anyway, too often people around here take their badges of honor to seriously. I'm sorry, but no one here, NO ONE, well except maybe Ralph, is above anyone. I love to learn new things, but I seriously don' like "know it alls" and their attidudes. I don't care who you know or where you have worked. Its like people get offended when they dont get the credit for a "scoop" and discredit the person who shares information.

stevin chann Guest
    Now i totally appreciate this comment honest and truthful and simple thank you [[skooldem1) for your 2cents I totally appreciated it I was just about to say is it me or since they dont know me and i dropped some info on them they are excommunicating me because I am not apart of the click WOW High school wasnt this hard LOL

Stevin,
    This isn't about some sort of high school analogy. The fact is you come on here and blow a few so called facts around and expect everyone to fall down with joy regarding whatever it is you're trying to dish. Dude, you have to come across with a bit more credibility to gain some respect here.

You cannot use "IT" as an example because you do not know anything about that subject other that what one former forum member with deep-seated issues had said over and over.
    I also know that you originally posted here that you had inside info about a forthcoming Motown 50 Special. The special evidently never panned out. Sounds very familiar to this current topic, so I "CAN" use "IT" as an example.

...Don't hurt yourself stretching an straining trying to draw a correlation!
    The correlation draws itself. No chance of me getting a hernia from stretching and straining.

the main problem with your point, Milven, is there was considerable information circulating regarding the 50th anniversary of Motown. That things didn't pan out is not the fault of Marv, or anyone else discussing the subject. I also knew a few things but nothing seems to have panned out the way we had hoped. It happens.

Pardon me for jumping in, but you said it ralph... "so called facts". Stevin calls what he posted "facts and information", but cannot or will not back them up. Facts & information have back-up, which is all that was asked for. Rumor, gossip, innuendo... none of these have factual back-up and fall within what Stevin has so far posted. We've seen it 100 bazillion times, someone sees a picture on the internet and runs with it... "oooh, Dennis and Otis are new best friends and Bruce is on the end there so he is out and Dennis is back in". Could be, or could be a fan's pipe-dream. Cite a source or be done with it. Otherwise it is just a fan's wishful "what if" type of thread that we've had here before.

JMO

Good point, Kalisa.

...I did mean to add, there is nothing wrong with the "what if" threads, they can promote discussion among those of us terminally obsessed with our favorite groups. But call it what it is, is all.

the main problem with your point, Milven, is there was considerable information circulating regarding the 50th anniversary of Motown. That things didn't pan out is not the fault of Marv, or anyone else discussing the subject.
    Nor did I fault Marv when it did not pan out. In fact, I defended him when the subject turned up in almost every unassociated topic.

I also knew a few things but nothing seems to have panned out the way we had hoped. It happens.
    I guess any of us who are even slightly associated with the music industry, in any way, heard rumors, innuendo, and "facts". But did you post a teaser here and then say that you were not allowed to discuss it further? I have no problem with Marv. And as I said earlier in the thread, this new guy Steven may just be sending up a trial balloon to get reaction to the possibility of Otis and Dennis getting together. If that is the case, there may have been a better way.

Milven,
    The only problem I'm having with any of this is the uncertainty of the posted information. I agree with you, there might have been a better way for Stevin to test his case. We deal in facts here.

Quote Originally Posted by stevin chann View Post
    Again Marv great point in the way you maneuver with your words being politically correct [[Amen) ? But again if you read and obviously people don't read the full context I said this is Marketing and things getting put out there too see and hear a reaction of too what may be the interest PERIOD.Those of you who said this may or not be credible It really doesn't matter because None of you are apart of Star Direction , Universal ,The Tempts or The Temptation Review. Didn't know we needed to post our credentials on who we are before people could actually share info. Dont know who any of you guys are and preferably I could care less if you wanted us too know you you would state your full names but we dont so there . Its just information guys its all it is if it happens enjoy if it doesn't ,it doesn't . I don't have anything too prove too anyone in this forum. I don't need attention because no one knows who I am by name anyway .So Marv I wont hurt myself , I delivered a message got a reaction from some old pro's who's days are damn near but over and holding on too the part of when they were relevant . Sorry if you guys aren't in the loop but what do you actually care ? Really ? Its information that's all it is this is not the scientific cure for Aids and I need proof . Its Information and its Entertainment ENJOY IT [[This is the Music and Entertainment Game Stuff happens )
    The part I wrote about "don't hurt yourself " was directed to Milven. Check again.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I also know that you originally posted here that you had inside info about a forthcoming Motown 50 Special. The special evidently never panned out. Sounds very familiar to this current topic, so I "CAN" use "IT" as an example.

The correlation draws itself. No chance of me getting a hernia from stretching and straining.

You don't know that. I thought I addressed this with you last week or the week before. The short version: In July of 2009, Juicefree posted a comment that was something to the effect....." I wish there was something to commemorate Motown's anniversary". My response was "there is something in the works". After which this person who was calling himself "Jonc" , took that little response and ran with it for almost two years on here! He has stalked me around the internet for many years, but of course you "know" that too.....right? You can do whatever you want ,but will be lying and not even realizing how big of a lie you will be telling. To finish up this "sub-topic" here. I still cannot and will not discuss "IT" on this public forum due to restrictions that I have to adhere to. Thank you.

the main problem with your point, Milven, is there was considerable information circulating regarding the 50th anniversary of Motown. That things didn't pan out is not the fault of Marv, or anyone else discussing the subject. I also knew a few things but nothing seems to have panned out the way we had hoped. It happens.
    Thank you Ralph!