[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Los Angeles Executive Office question

I have never been to the L. A. Motown office. A question for someone who may have visited and been there. What kind of photographs/oil paintings were on display in the entranceway for people to see? Most multi million dollar corporations spend big bucks with portraits on display at their headquarters. Who was featured? Does anyone know what the eventual disposition was of any of these portraits? I do not believe anything was relocated back to Detroit when they ceased operations there. Is there any remnants in Los Angeles of the former headquarters? Any additional information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Motown was in a high rise building at Sunset and Vine in Hollywood, Ca. At the time it was called the 1st Interstate Bank building and Motown occupied about 3 or 4 of the higher floors. I was only in the building once in the 1980's but I recall the reception area being covered with very large glamorous photos of Diana, Smokey, Stevie, Lionel, Marvin Gaye and Rick James. Outside the building on the front grass there was a huge "M" Motown logo.

Today you would never know that Motown had ever been in that building.

Hope this helps.

Roberta

The offices on Sunset were nothing to shout about, very plain looking.

I recently came across some 1993 correspondence in which the headquarters was at 6255 Sunset Boulevard, 17th Floor, LA. Does anyone now the whereabouts of the distribution center in LA of Motown where all the pressed copies were stored? It seems to me that a lot is known Detroit buildings and facilities but very very little about Los Angeles. Certainly some members must have some insight?