[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

The Occupy Wall Street Movement

What are people's thoughts about the growing Occupy Wall Street Movement?

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate...k-a-revolution

What I find interesting is the way that here in Britain the B.B.C is giving it very little coverage, though there was something about the Washington protest on this morning's B.B.C. News ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/

However .. if I watch the Russian based English language News broadcast on R.T. [[ which is freely available on one of the digital T.V. channels where I live ) it is one of the lead stories ..

http://rt.com/usa/news/

Roger

Though I think it will be squashed soon [[the rich of the world are too powerful) for the time being...I"M LOVIN IT!......

They're doing the same thing here on LaSalle Street. LaSalle Street is Chicago's equivalent to Wall Street.

This is a great movement, one that is inclusive to everyone of all political stripes who are fed up with the way corporate America has too much control and privilege. Where the tea party's main purpose is to be anti-Obama, this movement does not target any specific political party or person.

The strength of the movement has forced the main-stream media to take notice. Even Faux couldn't ignore it. Certainly, they are using it for their twisted propaganda purposes, but all they do by that is call more attention to it.

My thought is that, while it's great that people are starting to stand up against big business and the dirty deeds of republicans, the important thing is really to VOTE! republicans are putting up blocks and hurdles, and playing all kinds of dirty tricks to prevent anyone who would vote for Obama and Democrats. Fight them. But, when they can't, the people need to learn everything about these tactics and laws, and work with them. Do all they can to ensure that they are properly registered to vote, have the proper IDs, and to make certain of the voting methods, procedures, and deadlines. The success of their underhanded tactics depend on people being ignorant about the law. The answer is to play their game! Do not get discouraged or intimidated! Like Obama says: don't get angry, just vote!