[REMOVE ADS]

R.I.P. Steve Jobs - Chairman, Apple Computer

MSNBC just announced the passing of Apple Computer Chairmen, Steve Jobs at age 56. Rest in Peace Steve and thanks for all your contributions.

Marv

Can you believe this? ABC News reports:

Westboro Church Uses iPhone to Announce Steve Jobs Funeral Protest

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...neral-protest/
    The Westboro Baptist Church took to an iPhone when they heard about Steve Jobs’ death Wednesday night, sending out a message saying the Apple founder would be going to hell and calling for a protest of his funeral.

“Westboro will picket his funeral. He had a huge platform; gave God no glory and taught sin,” wrote Margie Phelps, daughter of the church’s founder.

The controversial group often pickets outside of soldiers’ funerals to draw media attention to their cause, which includes anti-gay material. Phelps tweeted the messages from her account, with an automatic note appearing at the bottom of the Tweet saying “via Twitter for iPhone.”

“No peace for man who served self, not God,” she wrote with the hashtag, #hellgreetedhim. “Westboro must picket.”

Thursday morning, Phelps responded to widespread criticism of her using the iPhone to Tweet the messages, saying that the phone was created by God–not Jobs–for that purpose.

“Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell.God created iPhone for that purpose! ” she wrote.

Arrangements for Jobs’ funeral haven’t been announced.

Some people are just crazy, marv. Nothing we can do about that. Anyway, I'm sorry the man died so young though I've
    never owned an iphone and always hated Mac computers. At least the cat did significant work in his short time.RIP...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Some people are just crazy, marv. Nothing we can do about that. Anyway, I'm sorry the man died so young though I've
    never owned an iphone and always hated Mac computers. At least the cat did significant work in his short time.RIP...
    Exactly Splanky! For this "church" to be so self-righteous, whatever happened to "judge not less ye be judged"?

They are phonies! [[and just plain crazy).

I respect Jobs for his inventiveness. But, I did not like his temperament or his feelings of moral superiority. I have more of a problem with the rabid Apple fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I respect Jobs for his inventiveness. But, I did not like his temperament or his feelings of moral superiority. I have more of a problem with the rabid Apple fanatics.
    I can definitely understand and respect your opinion here Soulster. I never knew much or tried to learn much about Mr. Jobs as a man. I respect his accomplishments, but his personal nature I am not knowledgable.

I didn't know diddly about Jobs as a person either and don't care to. Whatever wrongs he's done are done but I have to say
    this: Religious fanaticism scares the boogersnot outta me...for real...

Splanky, they don't scare me but I avoid them like a Supremes thread.......

I'm not a big Apple person, but I do enjoy my iPod, and for that I have to thank Steve. RIP...

Sorry to hear that those idiots from Phelps's church are at it again...have they no shame? :P

Best,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Splanky, they don't scare me but I avoid them like a Supremes thread.......

hehehehehehehe......!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mark speck View Post
    I'm not a big Apple person, but I do enjoy my iPod, and for that I have to thank Steve. RIP...

Sorry to hear that those idiots from Phelps's church are at it again...have they no shame? :P

Best,

Mark

They are cowards if you ask me. Why wait until someone has died to trash them, protest against them at their funeral. They've had an ample amount of time to express their displeasure with Mr. Jobs while he was living. Instead they wait until he cannot respond to them to go on the attack!