[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    @ Nosey, forgive for trying to answer a post that early in the morning. I went back and listened to the CD today and its dripping in funk.........Condensate is James Brown Funky,If I was Yo Man was tricky funky, with JellyBean holding the entire song down until Jesse cuts it up, different but certainly funky. AYDKME is cut em up funk.......yes my dear they got some funk up in here........

I'm loving the rif on One Step and Sick is well...... sick.

To be truthful the more I hear this cd , the more I like it and understand where they are coming from. In the natural order of things, it may be the best album/cd they've ever done.

This thread made me so happy! I pledge allegiance to the TIME!
    Steph
    I'm with you and DA on this one Steph........

I agree, you have to listen to the CD, more than once. You might find some tracks you like or dislike,but for $9.99, I'm not complaining !

The DVD is great ! I'm just waiting for when they will be coming to Chicago ! I know what they can do live, I think that's all that matters to me. They will play most of the hits,and and few tracks from the new CD.

By the way, I had my info incorrect last week. They will be on Jay Leno this coming Thursday. [[11/27) They will also be appearing on the Soul Train Awards next month on B.E.T. [[if interested)

Did you guys like the FIRST album at all with the breakthrough hit, "Get It Up"?

Marv I know you're kidding right ? I'm like Steph when it comes to these guys, I have all of their material, they were so young , brash and fresh.....thirty years later and they still Cool..........by the way one of my favorite pieces on them was a remix I did of their hit 777-9311 and added their rap intro..."Grace" ........instead of the original instrumental begininnng...got it on casssette tape somewhere.......lol..... "Grace was never on an album but the flip side of the 777- 45..........

GT thanks for the heads up, They are gonna blow up the Soul Train Awards.........

{Did you guys like the FIRST album at all with the breakthrough hit, "Get It Up"?}
    ......And "COOL"....the longest 2 tracks on the album. Had to spin them joints at any party/club/"disco".

{when it comes to these guys, I have all of their material, they were so young , brash and fresh.....thirty years later and they still Cool.........}

I have all of The Time albums and a few 12" on original vinyl and some on CD. I have some Morris solo on 12" but shamefully no LP's. I have a few of JESSE's projects but I will be adding the missing stuff from both of them to my hunt list.
    Finally , I have to confess that I have a Jam and Lewis productions fetish. Anything they touched I'll snatch up , especially any 12" remixes/extended/ with instr-accapella and any TABU/PERSPECTIVE vinyl.

{"Grace was never on an album but the flip side of the 777- 45..........}

Never knew that , thats why we here , learn sumpin new every day

{"grace was never on an album but the flip side of the 777- 45..........}
    never knew that , thats why we here , learn sumpin new every day :d

Yes!!!!!!!!

Here's one of my favorite B-sides by the group formerly known as The Time.

Now I'm not sure, but I was told that's Prince on vocals not Morris. I was also told that's Morris Day on drums. If anyone knows the story about this track, please share your info. Thanks !
    Last edited by GeeTee(HPK); 10-25-2011 at 01:38 PM.

KDub, I have no idea how I missed this!!!!!!! You KNOW I love these guys as much as you do!!!!! I only have 1 thing to say: Welcome Back Guys!!! Yeow!!!

KDub, I have no idea how I missed this!!!!!!! You KNOW I love these guys as much as you do!!!!! I only have 1 thing to say: Welcome Back Guys!!! Yeow!!!
    Moe you know what to do !

GT I am inclined to believe what you were told !

Ok, I thought so ...

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post

Marv I know you're kidding right ? I'm like Steph when it comes to these guys, I have all of their material, they were so young , brash and fresh.....thirty years later and they still Cool..........by the way one of my favorite pieces on them was a remix I did of their hit 777-9311 and added their rap intro..."Grace" ........instead of the original instrumental begininnng...got it on casssette tape somewhere.......lol..... "Grace was never on an album but the flip side of the 777- 45..........

GT thanks for the heads up, They are gonna blow up the Soul Train Awards.........
    I was not kidding. No one had mentioned their debut album and I remember I had to give my sister 3 albums in trade for that one Time album back in '81 LOL! She was in one of those record clubs and got it like for free. Detroit DJ, "Electrifying Mojo" would play "Get It Up" all night it seemed during some of his shows that were very popular in Detroit.

Tonight on Jay Leno.....Morris and The Fella's .......it's gonna be Pandemonium !!!!!!!!!!!

"It's Tricky" Flipside of the "Jungle Love" 12inch.

Gee Tee this song is the BOMB. Still lovin it.

One night Elton John asked me which song he was hearing from the club speakers, and yeps,
    that guy was asking, who did "It's Tricky". Told him proudly about The Time. Which was in fact a band, that had all members busy with solo ambitions. Morris Day and Jerome, Jesse Johnson, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis they all were getting quit some attention in the 80'. Jesse Johnson output i like the most. I also like the Jam/Lewis productions, and A. O'Neal's 2-3 solo albums.
    I have to listen close to the new album.

daddyacey
    Well.........I gotta admit ,I acted up and tore my ass today . I started out by playing the PANDAMONIUM CD. I hadn't played it in a while and I had noticed some simularites in the way that PANDAMONIUM and THE ORIGINAL 7 were sequenced

ollie
    "It's Tricky" Flipside of the "Jungle Love" 12inch.I have to listen close to the new album.
    Ollie thanks for your input, DA, I went back and listened to Pandemonium and there is a similarity in the two. Since I hadn't heard Pandemonium in a while, it was quite refreshing to hear both of them. Here is their performance from last night...they are still cool..........

Still don't like the song; it sounds corny to me. Love the Original 7 but not the song.

Well different strokes,for different folks. I like the song,and they thought their performance last night was fine with me !
    I had this same discussion earlier today. Some people like it,some didn't care for it,and that's cool .

Any way, I'm looking forward for a tour,and when they come to Chicago, you already know the answer !

To be continued .....
    Last edited by GeeTee(HPK); 10-28-2011 at 08:24 PM.

To be continued .....

Boy this has been a Time Week In Review for Me, after revisiting some of the cuts mentioned here, I went back and listened to The Albums The Time & What Time Is It? There is a definitive thread through all of their albums. There is the obvious Prince influence, but theres also some James Brown, whereas Morris calls out different members of the band in specific songs.......Jimmy Jam and Monte Moir tear it up on "I Don't Want To Leave You" , Jesse & Jellybean cuts them up something fierce on 777-9311. My Drawers and Chili Sauce........loving all this sound.........

Pandemonium speaks for itself, but Chocolate sounds amazingly fresh as does Sometimes I get Lonely. Hell I even listened to the Jerk Out Sexy Remix.......which seemed appropriate for a review. [[ I had forgot I even had it.......)........never liked it but it would work well in clubs........welcome back ...... I am pleased.

I like the performance [[Gotta love Jerome) but the song is well....its like they are trying to be up to date [[wave your cell phone in the air?...LOL) If they would stick with their OLD sound [[which they have) but dont try to lower their standards they would be fine. If Sly Stone was doing ok healthwise and had his faculties about him I dont think he would try to stay up to date. Even George Clinton stayed with the funk! Overall great stage show and for the most part they have not abandoned their sound I think the lyrics are lame but more positive than negative.

I saw it, I liked it.As far as the album: a few of the songs I don't care too much for. But, all in all I like the album and am looking forward to seeing them in person.

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Hell I even listened to the Jerk Out Sexy Remix.......which seemed appropriate for a review. [[ I had forgot I even had it.......).
    I have to do that now too now that you mentioned it. I forgot I had it also. Still got the 88 cent sticker on it!

Cool

I saw it, I liked it.As far as the album: a few of the songs I don't care too much for. But, all in all I like the album and am looking forward to seeing them in person.

That was my first impression as well, but it set me off on a mission quite like DA, and after listening to it several times my brain finally caught up with my ears and I like it ! Like many folks I was always selective about which cuts on an LP I liked and those are the ones that I played and committed to memory, others went into the recycle bin. Thats one of the reasons I went back and reviewed a body of their work so I could compare and contrast with a fresh set of ears and thoughts. I read reviews of fans and critics and the record is being received very well.

Still got the 88 cent sticker on it!

Morris Days vocals on Jerk Out are about 2 minutes and 23 seconds........amazing........[[acapella version)

I'm standing waiting for the bus to go to work, and see this pretty little thang with short short hair ,long lashes,pretty eyes and make-up and nice out-fit. Only thing was she had on these big Cazal type glasses ,that did not work with the overall package. There were two other females giglling at her on the side, [[the glasses more than likely) and damn if "I'm Trending" didn't start playing in my head.[[They talkin about me ,they talking about me!!!) I wound up coming home after work ,and mixing elements of the remix Jerk-Out with the original and then mixing in Trending. They blend nicely [[Kdub). I'm liking this CD the more I play it. The Funk is still there!!!!!!!!!!!! HAW HAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes !