[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I suppose most of you weren't here when I was dealing with Isaiah back in 03. the guy was brilliant but incredibly caustic. We knocked heads often and I threw him off the forum for a while, eventually bringing him back in. In spite of our extreme differences,[[I really did like the guy) when my father died, he sent me one of the most heartfelt sympathies I had received. I have never forgot that kindness from such a formidable enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Ms.M,
    at times I'm not sure if you and I are reading the same posts from Ramone, but I will always respect you and your opinions.
    Ralph, to be honest I didn't even know this Ramone person existed until now so I'm sure a lot of your frustration stems form things I haven't seen....and if this Ramone truly was J7 and all his other incarnations....I can dig it....LOL.....but my comment was only about what was said in this thread by him...hell...J7 has said a hell of a lot worse and gotten away with it....many of us have

what happens if i "ignore" someone?does it mean i cant see this person's posts'?what if they're a thread starter, is the whole thread "invisible"to me?

But, Ms.M, J7 is no longer with us and you are. but then, you're adorable.

I suppose most of you weren't here when I was dealing with Isaiah back in 03. the guy was brilliant but incredibly caustic. We knocked heads often and I threw him off the forum for a while, eventually bringing him back in. In spite of our extreme differences,[[I really did like the guy) when my father died, he sent me one of the most heartfelt sympathies I had received. I have never forgot that kindness from such a formidable enemy.
    You know Ralph...Isaiah was zapped just before I arrived but we did meet up on Juice's forum and he was caustic but that was just his way....we got into it all the time on Juices forum but I don't think either one of us ever held on to that sht. We both realized we were passionate in our strong convictions and although we didn't always agree we respected each others opinions.

When Jill Foster first came here she/he drove me crazy but then I stopped letting my emotions get in the way and started listening to what she was saying....to this day I think she could probably say things differently... so can I... but I don't let that get in the way of what she has to say and although I don't always agree I respect her offerings to a conversation. When I think she's over my personal line of what I accept, I say something to her about it, she listens, agrees or disagree and we move on.

awww thanks, you're kind....and I meant when J7 was here....sorry 'bout the wording.

Ralph bottom line is this....I think some people take some things way too personal....hell, I actually had someone tell me I smell and that was one of the nicer things he said about me.....LOL

...to this day Oldies and I laugh about someone who thinKs they can smell me through their computer....Ralph, I take a shower err day, sometimes twice a day so I KNOW I don't smell and someone saying otherwise doesn't mean anything.

There's an old saying....if you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that hollers is the one that is hit....now some people will read that and say, how dare she call me a dog....others will read it and see the wisdom in the message.

Again, it's really more about how we choose to react...why...because we will never, ever be able to change anyone but ourselves. Some days we make a good change, some days we don't but if we can't even recognize that there may be some truth to someones criticism..????...and if there isn't any truth to it....defend yourself and or IGNORE and keep stepping. ....and that's a collective you not a personal you Ralph.

Mercy!...
    Not to detract from the brilliant words kdubya/paladin just posted above but ah, has anyone else been struck by the irony
    of this thread that shows what gets a lot of people talking the most is talking about why they haven't been talking?...

As for the original question, in general there are a number of reasons I may view but not post in any given thread.

If the title suggest a fact the poster's opening post retracts. For instance:

New Edwin Starr Movie...
    Has anybody heard of this? I heard a rumour but I couldn't find anything on the net about it...

2. If the thread opens talking about an old or new song being so great but includes no accessible link to hear it.

3. If it's about an artist I personally don't care for I generally don't like to post my critiques against them out of respect for
    their fans who I do respect.
    My primary exception to the above concerns a producer, actually. I think Ian Levine is a piece of stink that should have
    been flushed a long time ago and I apologise to any fans of his offended...
    4.If the thread is about an act I do like but know to be a magnet for incendiary sniping. I don't think I have to say what
    threads I usually stay off of in the Motown section.
    &5. If I can't advance a thread in some way that is looking for an answer to question. I really don't help the first poster by saying something like: Awww, wow, I was wondering about that sh*t too....

Awww, wow, I was wondering about that sh*t too....
    hahahaha, that's funny and so true Splank. Des calls them "me too" post...LOL

I get the me too thing because it's a way of saying you agree but it's always a good idea to add more to the "me too"...or as you say, advance the conversation.

But you know something.....I think the initial rules of internet chatter/engagement and blog speak, have been lost over time...as a matter of fact I doubt if many people even know there were/are rules....shrugs...such is life.

BTW Kdub....I actually learned snark from a former SDF poster...basically it's defined as the thinking man's sarcasm....If you read the "Onion" or ever watch Stephen Colbert....both engage in snark.....some call it satire. Some snark is better than others and not everyone gets it or appreciate it....such is life....LOL

I don't think anyone answered Tamla about the ignore button. You can put anyone on ignore and remove them anytime. You can click a button and see any particular post you want to. It's a great idea.

One concern about SD is that the sniping has caused some very knowledgeable people to leave ~ particularly people close to Motown. Generally the reason is the same and it generally revolves around one person. And I think that person draws the fire and probably causes a few fans that have been around for years to join and bring a machine gun with them. I think 25 of these people know each other from two generations back and the dislikes go deep. But ignore is great and will do the job.

It is best if SD doesn't become YouTube. I heard Jermaine Jackson say the other night that Michael's children aren't allowed to go on YouTube, for obvious reasons.

The other issue I wonder about is SD seems to have 1600 odd members and about 250 to 275 are active; if the "mean" talk, the negativity and the directed harshness were gone ~ could it not be more? Would there not be more active members? Would it not attract more people?

Some heritage artists have forums with 5000 members.

But isn't there room to grow it to something more if it could become newsworthy, less gossipy and just plain stupid? For example..........how serious can you take a thread and a poster[[s) on: Did DR Bleach her face? For heavens sake.........these women are 70 years old. It ranks with the worst gossip rags. And do any of you know Lynda Laurence and Scherrie Payne? These are not high profile stars like Aretha Franklin and Tina Turner, yet they have been written about on here like they were Lieutenants in the Nazi army. I don't understand that. What is the reason? It is almost like a mental illness unless it's all a joke.

jobeterob said:
    It is almost like a mental illness unless it's all a joke.

Wish I'd said that!

Ms M, Des is so right about so many things I do wonder if others notice. By the way, I've not seen him much around the forum. You know him offline too, don't you? Hope he and the family are fine...

He's doing well Splank. Dealing with some personal things and keeping busy at work but he keeps abreast of SDF happenings and I think he may show up soon.

jobeterob
    thanks.

splanky
    you're spot on with the ian levine remark.

haahhaha....here is my me too moment.....I agree about Levine. Although I think a few [[very few) of his productions are brilliant his business practices leave a lot to be desired. In some circles, he may want to stay away from certain folks...but I have a feeling he knows this. LOL

This is becoming a rather cathartic thread, don't you guys think?
    It is! It is very interesting for me to see how other people looking at that very same thing come to entirely different understandings, conclusions.

Mercy!...
    Not to detract from the brilliant words kdubya/paladin just posted above but ah, has anyone else been struck by the irony
    of this thread that shows what gets a lot of people talking the most is talking about why they haven't been talking?...

yes I remember Isaiah..........

@ M, jeez I watch Colbert and read the Onion, so thats what you do ?

It is best if SD doesn't become You Tube.
    Great comment and thats exactly right ! And I know that you're not talking about videos....lol..

One other thing friends and neighbors [[ you too Ralph !) Has it ever occurred to anyone that we have been invaded by supernatural aliens from TMZ !!!!! I think I first considered that when I saw a thread that suggested there was too much sex in rhythm and blues, DR bleaches her skin, and Did David Ruffin have sex with Eddie Kendricks before he hit Tammi in the head with a Monkey Wench ??? Ok.....I made the last one up.........

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post

yes I remember Isaiah..........

@ M, jeez I watch Colbert and read the Onion, so thats what you do ?

Great comment and thats exactly right ! And I know that you're not talking about videos....lol..

One other thing friends and neighbors [[ you too Ralph !) Has it ever occurred to anyone that we have been invaded by supernatural aliens from TMZ !!!!! I think I first considered that when I saw a thread that suggested there was too much sex in rhythm and blues, DR bleaches her skin, and Did David Ruffin have sex with Eddie Kendricks before he hit Tammi in the head with a Monkey Wench ??? Ok.....I made the last one up.........
    WHAT? I was just about to say........LOL!!!!!

Yes, there have been some rather "unique" threads started lately that reminds me of the stuff TMZ comes up with.

The reason I posted my situation with two members is not because I want to stir anything up. I just don't like hostilities in a place I come to to relax and enjoy the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Grow up Soulster...there have been two people on this forum I attacked harshly and I called both of them racist. White folks hate being called racist more than anything in life....although I did downgrade one to bigot and that didn't go over well either but oh well....many of those conversations were deleted by Ralph but any conversation he deleted between you and I is news to me...you have a VERY INTERESTING way of rewriting SDF history...but hey...do you.
    I resent you telling me to "grow up". It's about respect. I consider anyone who takes shots at someone and then tells them to "grow up" a sociopath. That's not a positive image to have. No, I remember it well, and i'm sure Ralph saves things. he can pull the posts up. It was a political discussion, and you went off on me for allegedly not having my facts straight. Maybe you were PMS'ing or something. I don't know. But I assure you I do not make things up.

LOL

It's your right to resent anything you like Soulster but it really doesn't matter what I say because you're going to resent whatever it is.

Let's stop beating round the bush and call out the pink elephant in the room. You don't like me and I don't like you...I'm cool with that and seems to me you should continue to ignore me and move on with your life....but it's your decision to make...heaven forbid I suggest something else you will resent.

...and keep something in mind before you TWIST the story LIKE YOU HAVE DONE since the day you got here MR. Audiophile I get my arse kicked everyday by Mexicans...YOU brought my name into this conversation but I will be MORE THAN HAPPY to finish what YOU started....TRUST!

I remember Isaiah, too!!

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    I remember Isaiah, too!!
    Hey Moe how ya bee?

yep you use to hang out with us over at Juices place too....I remember....LOL.... Isaiah wasn't a bad person once you understood his ways and although many peopl didn't like the way he said things he was honest about his feeling.

Ya'll remember Baoi? [[sp) He's another one I miss. Didn't always agree with him either and I personally think he got a raw deal but he kept it real too.
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-09-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Oldies probably remembers this and I forget if their was a name for it but Bobby Eli use to do these word puzzle type post where he would put a group of words together and you had to figure out the title of the song based on the meaning of the groups of words. It was really cool and made you THINK...

There were silly post too...Kamasu's post about doing Da Butt in church still makes me laugh when I think about it and although I wasn't a part of Malcatraz I did read the post and they were hilarious but the intelligent quotient even in Malcatraz was top notch....

I realized you can't go back to the past but I have to agree the TMZ feel really is mind numbing.

Ralph,

This forum is great.

Next time someone acts up,
    we should put them in a sound booth,
    and make them listen to every Mantovani recording

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    LOL

It's your right to resent anything you like Soulster but it really doesn't matter what I say because you're going to resent whatever it is.
    That's not true. I didn't write what I did above to inflame or insult, but simply to let you know that some people may perceive your attitude differently than you may think they do. There is always a better way to present your argument than to get personal about it. We can all learn from each other, and if someone thinks they can't possibly learn anything positive from someone else, they have issues.

Now, if I come across a person who presents a, say, racist attitude, or belief, unless that person is being obnoxious or offensive, I will say that the person holds racist beliefs. That is not calling them a racist. If the person really isn't one, they may step back and consider what they say or do, and how others perceive it. If I just say they are a racist, that makes them defensive, and may become belligerent.

Let's stop beating round the bush and call out the pink elephant in the room. You don't like me and I don't like you...I'm cool with that and seems to me you should continue to ignore me and move on with your life....but it's your decision to make...heaven forbid I suggest something else you will resent.
    I never said I didn't like you. I have always said that I highly respect your political views and agree with them. You have to really know someone to hate them, and we have never met. I know where we got off on the wrong foot, and it was about two years ago when I used to kid about you acting like my sister. That offended you, and we have been advisories ever since. I made those remarks in good humor, but obviously, you didn't take them that way.

If you don't like me, that's your bag. I can't do anything about it. You apparently have your mind made up that I am obnoxious, dumb, racist, or whatever else you think I may be. And I do think you have a superiority complex. I would simply like to get along. We don't have to be pals or anything, just to respect each other, even if we don't agree with something one of us says.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-09-2011 at 09:38 PM.

You really don't get it...whether you like me or not I DO NOT LIKE YOU and that goes double for RESPECT. I don't owe you anything I do not believe you deserve....we were...strike that, I was doing great not ever having to speak to you in life until YOU decided to bring my name into this conversation. Stay out of my way, keep MY name out of your post and life will go on without us ever having anything to do with each other.
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-09-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Thank you edafan, not a bad idea.

Ms.M and Soulster,
    I think you guys have gone as far as you can with your differences. Why not move on?

Thank you edafan, not a bad idea.

Ms.M and Soulster,
    I think you guys have gone as far as you can with your differences. Why not move on?
    I sure can. We have now all seen who the bigger adult in the room is here.

I'm outta this thread.

which is why I wrote

Stay out of my way, keep MY name out of your post and life will go on without us ever having anything to do with each other.
    Ralph I don't have a problem with moving on....I moved on when I was "supposedly" ignored by Soulster but you know me well enough to understand...you start BS with me...you get BS back.

Out of respect for you...I will end it now UNLESS Soulster continues , at that point you will probably have to ban me.... and life will go on and a lot of people will do a happy dance!

Bye..

.................................................. ..........
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-09-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Well, I had signed in, spent an hour and a half composing my post, clicked preview and up pops "you are not signed in" and lost the entire post. So you won't be hearing what I had to say. I'll just say, I'm here, appreciate the site as much as I always have since 2004, but can't spend as much time here as I used to. Hope certain posters are never allowed back on the site [[read all those old deleted threads to refresh your memory of why.)

Hello ol' stinky MsM! hahahaha I think what was posted was "I bet you smell." I almost fell of my chair laughing and have gone back and reread our emails about it countless times just for the laugh. I remember thinking "are we in kindergarten now?"

Maybe more later when I can spare the time.

Oldies

I remember thinking "are we in kindergarten now?"
    hahahahahahahaha

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've thought the SAME THING on numerous occasion in numerous situations since joining SDF....HAHAHAHAHAH

It is what it is, Oldies...shrugs...you stay or walk away and sometimes you take a break but as the Tempt's would say, I'm Still Here.

That says a lot about this place because there are more than a few forums I do not have any desire to ever visit again....The friendships and laughs that were originated here are some of the best. I guess the magic will always be in the memories.....and the people that made them happen and you guys [[and you all know who you are whether I have mentioned your name or not) will ALWAYS be a part of those memories. I click my glass of Jai's special elixir to all of you

Now, that's the spirit.............

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Snakepit, the U.K. members are really not much different than the U.S. members. We love all things about Motown, and in the 60s, people were not obsessed with the Supremes as this forum's membership would have you believe.

When I was growing up, Motown was a sound, a brand. It's these current Supremes fanatics that confuse the issue here.
    Hello Soulster

Firstly, I do NOT speak for all the UK guys who have left, or just lurk ,but no longer get involved.
    However I think the issue for many is the "relevance" of the numerous Supremes threads to Motown.90% appear to have nothing to with the music or any link to the label we love.
    Most of us don't , or didn't, read any of them, so it's not about catfights or insults.
    But all these topics are about Mary, Cindy , Diana et all .....and the subject matter is so far removed from Motown Topics that it destroys the idea of the forum.
    5 years ago I wouldn't have had any hesitation in recommending a Motown fan to SDF [[Motown Forum).Now?
    I'd be embarrased to send them here to be honest....
    The vast majority of members who contributed about the label, history and THE MUSIC have left the building.

Now, that's the spirit.............
    Oldies keeps me honest and brings out the good side of me....but lets not get it twisted....the toast only reaches so far

I have a headache.

Me too, Bob.

This is my intro post.....I have a LOT more to say on this subject and other issues that are mentioned in this thread.

Over the past [[fill in the blank) months, SDF has been dying a slow death. On some days SDF has had fewer than 10 posts....over 24 hours. Whether from Infection [[the unnamable threads) or Defection [[the loss of "quality" or veteran posters).....when you consider the membership numbers here..... as Moe called it.....it's been Bankrupt.

Ralph......you asked for suggestions.....let me begin:

1. Some people have complained that there are too many threads here dealing with the Supremes..... Not that the Supremes aren't a relevant topic, but that a lot of these threads focus on inane topics and often degenerate into personal issues and attacks. Some people attribute it to a "fanboy" [[Stu's fave expression) mentality. Who knows for sure?

On the other hand, to paraphrase and scandal Bankrupt Dave .....if it wasn't for those threads..... wouldn't be no threads at all. And as others have chimed in.... Don't get in if you don't fit in.

You've indicated that sometimes you pluck out offending posts and posters with tweezers.....and sometimes you just hammer entire threads to death..... and that you'd prefer not to do either hope that people would simply behave.
    As BobC intimated, sometimes these threads are eye-openers regarding things about the Supremes that are both interesting and not widely known. The only problem that I have with some of these posters is when they drag their personal issues into other threads and over time, pollute the posts that are legit..

One thing that I found funny while reading this thread is that I'd bet good money, not "mf" money, that the "Supremes" [[not name calling, but for brevity's sake) posters are probably dialing in here. I wonder how what they're thinking....and would like to hear it.

My suggestion [[finally 'spirit of JF leave my body after this).....I'll start a thread, in the Motown forum, asking all Supremes/Motown posters to chime in with their own suggestions on what can be done to clean up this issue. Also i would hope they would use this thread to clarify their own positions and that they would add whatever relevant bits of information they feel might help us out of this morass.

Ralph, with your permission and assistance, I'd like to moderate this thread. I want people to speak candidly....but without obvious PERSONAL attacks and to tone down the venom. Speak in a way that lets the rest of us know, why you enjoy posting here. What you like to contribute.....what you like to walk away with. And please be open to follow up questions regarding whatever you choose to post. I'll do my best to keep it civil, interesting and informative.

By the time you read this......the thread will be open.

I'd like to tackle the Defections and other issues, especially Amnesty, when I return. Thx......D.

I like Rick's posts about the behind-the-scenes stuff. I especially like hearing about how certain great records, which could've been hits, weren't, due to politics, legal actions--those kinds of things. I love that stuff.

Des,
    Thank you for the interest in the forum. By all means, moderate any and all Supremes related topics. I would very much appreciate that. Would you like me to set you up with full moderator capabilities?

Over the course of three pages of this thread and the obligatory cat-fighting, no one has mentioned the real reason why SDF has been dying a slow death for the past three years. The answer is in one word ...

FACEBOOK

It's the answer to "Where's [[fill in the blank)"?
    "How come [[fill in the blank) doesn't post here anymore"?

Like booze and reefer, it' simply a matter of switching one high for another.

Just my two cents.
    Marc Taylor

mellow_q

Facebook is probably a contributing factor.....and you make an excellent point......

but I'm not sure it's the Comet that extinquished the dinosaurs from the planet.

Didn't most people simply add reefer to their booze......rather than switch?

Let me also add.....if someone would like to make a private remark, pls don't hesitate to email me or PM me here.

I PROMISE you confidentiality and privacy.....and stand on my Prior record of doing that.

email addy.....written to protect from spam: nel son st 1988 @ gmail. com

simply remove the spaces.

What up Des.....glad to see ya !

Facebook certainly has impacted the Forum, but not in the way I think Marc describes. I was just thinking the other day about what I like about FB and what I don't.
    Like: I like the like button. It expedites your input without having to actually comment.

Dislike: the like button, because its almost like a license to lurk and not say anything.

*Like : You can say what you want within the rules, but in most cases people know who you are and other little things like the city you live in etc, e mail addy's . Its a social network all right but people generally exchange information about mutual interests. Like the forum there are several groups I belong to that are quite similar to the make up of this forum. Primarily folks from the UK and other like minded indiviuals who talk/comment and debate ad nauseum about the music we profess to love.

*The forum has a place like that and maybe if we could tweak it a bit, it would be more conducive to people keeping their ego's in check and personal attacks to a minimum, I recall posting pictures of Stars from concerts, images of the entire Chicago Crew, and others [[ with their permission of course) because it was topical, and provided a foundation for the subject thread. Plus we didn't have a dam thing to hide, I once even took a picture of a certain members "shoes" which seemed to have a life of their own and had big fun extending a thread because of it.

No offense to anyone here but for whatever reason FB appears to have less kooks than SDF..........now that I think of it, I must be kinda wacky myself .......been here a long time.....hmmmmmmmmm.........

Actually I work indirectly for Facebook, and this forum is not dying, and Facebook is not longer growing as much as people have been led to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    What up Des.....glad to see ya !

Facebook certainly has impacted the Forum, but not in the way I think Marc describes. I was just thinking the other day about what I like about FB and what I don't.
    Like: I like the like button. It expedites your input without having to actually comment.

Dislike: the like button, because its almost like a license to lurk and not say anything.

*Like : You can say what you want within the rules, but in most cases people know who you are and other little things like the city you live in etc, e mail addy's . Its a social network all right but people generally exchange information about mutual interests. Like the forum there are several groups I belong to that are quite similar to the make up of this forum. Primarily folks from the UK and other like minded indiviuals who talk/comment and debate ad nauseum about the music we profess to love.

*The forum has a place like that and maybe if we could tweak it a bit, it would be more conducive to people keeping their ego's in check and personal attacks to a minimum, I recall posting pictures of Stars from concerts, images of the entire Chicago Crew, and others [[ with their permission of course) because it was topical, and provided a foundation for the subject thread. Plus we didn't have a dam thing to hide, I once even took a picture of a certain members "shoes" which seemed to have a life of their own and had big fun extending a thread because of it.

No offense to anyone here but for whatever reason FB appears to have less kooks than SDF..........now that I think of it, I must be kinda wacky myself .......been here a long time.....hmmmmmmmmm.........
    Pictures! I like that idea I really enjoy seeing the pictures from events or gatherings that members have attended.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Hello Soulster

Firstly, I do NOT speak for all the UK guys who have left, or just lurk ,but no longer get involved.
    However I think the issue for many is the "relevance" of the numerous Supremes threads to Motown.90% appear to have nothing to with the music or any link to the label we love.
    Most of us don't , or didn't, read any of them, so it's not about catfights or insults.
    But all these topics are about Mary, Cindy , Diana et all .....and the subject matter is so far removed from Motown Topics that it destroys the idea of the forum.
    5 years ago I wouldn't have had any hesitation in recommending a Motown fan to SDF [[Motown Forum).Now?
    I'd be embarrased to send them here to be honest....
    The vast majority of members who contributed about the label, history and THE MUSIC have left the building.
    That's long been a complaint of mine, that these Supremes/Ross/Wilson-whatever threads have nothing to do with the music itself, but the gossip. I will participate in one of those threads if it's about music. But, when certain members start the bitch-slapping, I'm outta there!

Des,
    Thank you for the interest in the forum. By all means, moderate any and all Supremes related topics. I would very much appreciate that. Would you like me to set you up with full moderator capabilities?
    If you do that, I can remind you of certain unprovoked hostile posts he has made against me. You want a mod who has no gripe with anyone.

Soulster, everyone has probably had similar unprovoked activities, what makes you so special ? I didn't see where you offered to do a dam thing to resolve some of these issues.......now you want to deter the Godfather from a timely resolution to this mess ? ......jeez.......seems to me you have a lot of pent up hostility over nothing.......since you commented on all the bitch slapping...then who pray tell, is zooming who ? The Godfather himself has said lets have some peace and understanding and you're still stuck on stupid ? This has gotten embarrassing........not for the forum, but for you.............please allow yourself to put me on ignore and I shall do likewise................

@Marv, I have posted pictures of the Dells, Ojays, Confunkshun, Dazz Band, Barkays, Michael Henderson, Switch, Betty Lavette, Ledisi, Impressions, Russell & New Stylistics, Slave, Hugh Masekela, and many others at different concerts and gatherings ......some posts were received very well , others died but I did it because of my love of photography and the groups........and I find myself shaking my head at all of this personal BS and analysis by paralysis.... but thats a topic for another thread.......