[REMOVE ADS]

Happy birthday Soulful Detroit...Ten years old

Well, gang, it is hard to believe, but we are ten years old. The brain child of Lowell Boileau of Farmington, Michigan and David Meikle, of Glasgow, Scotland seems to keep chugging along and growing bigger each passing day. We have had our ups and downs, like any normal family, but we continue on, stronger than ever. I give all the credit to you, the members. Your enthusiasm and knowledge keeps everything interesting and compelling. David, if you are looking in, congratulations. You did good and you are missed.

Thanks Ralph & Lowell for your dedication and hard work! Happy irthday SDF!

I had a big speech planned but....anyhow thanks lowell,david,ralpht for this wonderful place,hey ralpht what time is the party these elephants ar getting restless...and i'm almost out of peanuts.....soulful detroit forever.

This year we are throwing the party at your house arr&bee. Bring on the elephants.....

Yee hah. How amazing! Respect to Lowell, David and, of course, the great Ralph. A lot of wonderful people have passed through these portals in the last ten years. It's been one big party [[I forget her name), and the greatest living repository of soulful knowledge has been amassed in these archives. What's more some elephants got a good home and Stubass and I agreed on something twice. I think it was the same thing, but none the less miraculous for that Love to all. Bankhouse.

Same thing twice, huh Dave, old dude. See, age does have it's advantages.

10 years? You've got to be kidding me. Sure doesn't seem that long, but on the other hand, it's been almost 9 years since SITSOM's release and it doesn't seem that long ago, either.

My thanks to Lowell and David for setting this thing up, Russ for keeping it moving forward, and everybody, both past posters and the present crowd, for making this place a wonderful community.......

thanks lowell,ralph and david for THE forum,the best there is.and the sdf membership too.happy 10th birthday/anniversary
    if you thought it got tough sometimes,try getting an elephant in r and b's hooch shed !

Ah haha! Wow! It's been 10 years already? I was just a kid learning how to type back then........NOT!
    Happy Birthday Soulful Detroit and special thank you to Ralph Terrana, Lowell Boileau and David Meikle!!!

Marv

uptight Guest
    Congratulations! We made it to the ten year mark! Phew..!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  21.1 KB
    Great job, everyone! Thanks Lowell, David, and Ralph, and all our contributing members.

msmotown2 Guest
    Happy Birthday Soulful Detroit,

It has been a pleasure. I am so glad I found this site. It has been fun and informative reading the posts,
    finding out the latest entertainment happenings, and also learning about things I had forgot about and did
    not know about. Keep up the good work everyone.

Ms. Motown

Exactly, profoundly and last but not least........... Certainly !

Happy 10 year anniversary !

WOW...10 years...and eight years since the Memorial Day get-together where a bunch of us met!

Those early days were something to behold...glad I was there for most of that. Congrats to Lowell, David and Ralph!!

Best,

Mark

Congrats SDF on your ten year anniversary. Thanks for all the insightful discussions. We love you!

RAT Jr & TNS

Happy 10th SDF. Keep on keeping on!

Ms. Flo

I was here from the beginning too! Ain't it funny how time just slips right on away!

Wow. 10 years. I have enjoyed this forum immensely.
    Thanx to Ralph, Lowell and David and all of the members whose comments keep it going.

Soulster.....
    .....I wonder if there was some way of going back before the forum reset and figuring out who the oldest poster is that's still active. I know it isn't me, I came onboard during the run-up to SITSOM, but I guess I'm just curious...

I left here before the first great purge.

Sometime, if you have nothing much to do, go into the archives, if you're reletively new, you'll get an idea of where the forum has gone in the past 10 years. If you've been around awihile, you'll bring back a lot of memories looking at where we've been. For example, I ran across a "Happy Birthday Ralph and Russ" thread. And I quote Ralph here......

"GEEZ, I went to bed in my 50's and woke up in my 60's. GEEZERHOOD."

There's really a lot of good stuff in there, dating back to 2002. Alas, no AARRUUUGGGHH thread, though......

Well that last ten years of mine went pretty lickety split. Doug.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  21.1 KB
    The older we get, the faster the years fly by. It will be 20 years of SDF before we turn around!

What is scary about that, Robb, old friend, is you are probably right.

I hope so! 20 years of SDF sounds good to me.

'Stronger than ever'.....true words.

Congratulations to everyone involved....

10 great years & here's to the next ten...thanks Lowell, David, Ralph & all the other SDF posters.

Thanks to everybody - I have spent some considerable time here since joining but I have learnt loads!

Eamonn

I enjoy it a great deal, have met several new friends; it's informative and fun.

Thank you so much, everyone who posts and those responsible for making it happen.

...I've survived 7 years of SDF ...I was a late-comer...!

...here's to the next 10 Ralph ...and thank you for the site

Happy birthday Soulful Detroit

Happy Birthday SDF! Easily the best soul forum on the internet bar none!!

morph.

Happy Birthday SDF! Here's to the future!

Anyone hear from David lately?

Best,

Mark

Congratulations and thanks to all concerned in creating and running this forum over 10 years. I have spent many hours reading learning and occasionally getting wound up by this site. It is still my first port of call after checking my e mails etc.
    Keep up the good work forum members and all involved in currently keeping things running so well.
    regards
    francis t

Happy Birthday SDF.

Wow...how time has flown! These 10 years represent a lot of knowledge, a lot of good times & a lot of discoveries & exposure to music & artists we'd either never heard of or knew little about. I've met people I never dreamed of meeting purely due to SDF & I've made friends of people whom I've never laid my eyes on in person. Kindred spirits I guess.

When I think of SDF, that's what I think of. Not arguments, not disagreements, but the years of fun, learning & truly good people it's been my good fortune to become associated with.

And all of that is due to SDF.

Have things changed? Sure they have but what doesn't? Without change you have stagnation & without a degree of divergent viewpoints, you have nothing more than a group of Stepford Wives, all marching in lock-step & there's no growth in that. And even should everyone voice the same opinions, that' no guarantee that you're getting HONESTY. For the most part, we sure cant say that about here because we have a wealth of opinions & no shortage of those willing to express those opinions.

For my part, no matter where I go, no matter what I do, there will always be too many good memories to consider SDF as anything other than home.

Happy Anniversary SDF. May you live 1000 plus a day!

Salute!