[REMOVE ADS]

Leonard Wayne & Hi-Tones

Blast from the past. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxXfvwMDTmY
    Who are Leonard Wayne & Hi-Tones?

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  21.1 KB
    That record was recorded in L.A., and Andre Records was located in L.A. I don't know who the label owner was. But Miles Grayson arranged the cuts, and I think he ran the sessions. He may have been the producer, as well, and may have been the label's A&R man. There were a few records by Charles Andrea and The Hi-Tones. So Charles Andrea may have owned the label [[Andre), and may have been the normal lead singer of The Hi-Tones. But Bunn was the writer on both sides of the Andre record. So, maybe both were group members, and alternated leading.

Here's the record:

Name:  L.Wayne&Hi-Tones.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  12.6 KB

Leonard Wayne was Leonard Wayne Bunn. I don't know anything about him, except that he was in L.A. to make those recordings. I think I remember The Hi-Tones as a local L.A. [[South-Central) group in the early '60s. So, I suspect that he was a local L.A. guy. I have no idea who else was in the Hi-Tones. I know that Tarheel Slim's real name was Allen Bunn. But he was from North Carolina, and recorded mostly in New York. He MAY have been related [[I have no idea).
    Last edited by robb_k; 08-23-2010 at 12:16 AM.

Hi Robb K: You're informative and helpful as usual. Thanks . I really dig this song.

Not only does the lead sound like Dee Clark and Jackie Wilson as mentioned in the Youtube comments but I detect subtle resemblances to Major Lance and Jimmy Holiday.

It sounds a lot earlier than the 64 stated on Youtube.

I think Miles has a photo of the group.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  21.1 KB
    Ady -I sent you a PM. Did you get it?

Leonard Wayne Bunn was also in the Tantones on Lamp in 1957. His daughter has been in touch, he's still alive, in his 80s