[REMOVE ADS]

A word from Harry Weinger about the Tammi Terrell set

"I've asked Keith to post this for me, as I have mislaid my log-in info for SDF. The Tammi Terrell 2-CD set is REAL. I have asked other folks involved to please just hold off on their own postings until we can make a more detailed announcement. For now, I can say that, yes, this will include ALL of her solo recordings with a nice batch of unreleased material from both her pre-Motown and Motown sessions. I'll be contributing to hiposelect's Twitter postings as well as my own in the days to come, and those bits of info will include Tammi news items, and I should be back on SDF by then. BTW, there will be a wonderful documentary on Tammi that will air on the US channel TVOne on Sept. 20, part of their well-done 'Unsung' series. [[You just might see my face in the place.) Our Tammi set will come after. We tried to get them to arrive simultaneously, but our studio research and liner notes etc. took a longer path. But we will provide info as much as possible leading up to the release, and the set will be available for pre-sale in late September. Keep the faith - HW."

Harry later mailed me that he'd posted the cover art here: http://twitpic.com/2h8322

Keith

What a lovely cover - a beautiful young lady!

I do hope the documentary will make it to the UK; does anyone know if it will?

Thanks.

I love it when HW posts here, it shows that he really is taking notice of what the fans want, and he and his team are trying to get the Music we love to us. Thanks Harry, and as long as these releases are coming we will do our best to support them.

Thanks, Harry...and thank you Keith for posting for Harry! This is one of the most exciting releases in years. It will be wonderful to have all of Tammi's material in one beautifully remastered set.

PERFECT cover for the PERFECT Artist! Harry, thanks only begins to say it to you and all involved! I'm looking to doing some really special things here in her hometown to promote these Tammi developments as they should be. Would like to run them by you HW before they're solidified. Please expect a call from me sometime Tuesday after I speak to a couple more folks. -Randy

Great picture, great cover, and nice to see.

What an Amazing cover Harry, you could not have found a better photo, just can't wait for the release!

John-There's a Tammi track on the new Cellarful of Motown 4 CD. And I think you'll find a 4 Tops track too which I am sure you will be pleased with.

Hi John, Yes just been listening to the Four Tops and Tammi track, order is in with Amazon! the double is going to be special. Just still wish "On Broadway" would get a CD release LOL and the Whitfield 1999 unreleased album, so amazing last vocals from Levi. Tammi is so special trying to find someone in the USA who may kindly put the Tammi documentary on DVD for me, Please! LOL

RossHolloway Guest
    So Tammi recorded up until 1969? Very interesting...

Hello everyone, thanks for all the enthusiastic responses. Lots of great music news to come.

To clarify, the dates are not on the cover art, that's just information from my hiposelect tweet with dates reflecting her releases, which range from "If You See Bill" [[1961) through Irresistible [[Jan. 1969).

- HW

RossHolloway Guest
    Thanks for the reply HW. Will this set answer definitively when her last recording was made? And might it be different from her last recording session? Hope this set also has a live track or two from TT.

Harry...will the cd annotation have the dates of when she recorded the tracks? So much of her solo Motown material, including the tracks from "Irresistable", was recorded 1965-1967. It would be wonderful to finally have that information.
    Thanks so much, again, for this very important release!
    John

Thanks to our pal Keith "www.dftmc.info" Hughes, there will be recording data for all of Tammi's 30+ Motown tracks on the collection.

Awesome. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    Thanks to our pal Keith "www.dftmc.info" Hughes, there will be recording data for all of Tammi's 30+ Motown tracks on the collection.
    Wonderful! Thanks, Harry and thank you, Keith!

BTW, I have starting using the hiposelect twitter account to send updates - you can join twitter.com without doing any "tweets" yourself, just choose who/what to follow, in this case hiposelect, requires very little effort. Or I believe you can just bookmark this page and check in every once in awhile without creating your own account.

http://twitter.com/HipOSelect

I posted this yesterday with one of the text updates, a scan of the session sheet for one of the unreleased Tammi tracks: http://twitpic.com/2hk7gh

If anyone on SDF is following hiposelect on twitter you are welcome to copy and paste posts, that might help some other folks.

Thanks, Harry...this is an endeavor we should support!

More Tammi collection news

go here... www.twitter.com/hiposelect

you don't have to sign up to read the posts - but you can if you like.

Man, she sounds great.

P.S. This is only a piece of the story. More to come. Trying not to make the wait too agonizing by offering this info - but some of it will get out and then folks will wonder, why didn't you tell us?

Since it's already released now, can anyone share info on producer/writer credits on Tammi's great recording of "Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight"?

William Stevenson - Ivy Jo Hunter produced by same

THANKS, Paul. That seems to make sense. One thing I really miss in today's music is hearing a single artist or group produced by multiple producers. Definite style variations, but the great artists consistently delivered stellar interpretations.

Are there any updates on the release date for the Tammi set? I have signed up to twitter to follow the progress but its a bit confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If any one on here catches this set on pre order on Amazon will you let us know, Cheers X

From Friday's MusicTap
    "I believe that I had mentioned these at some point but here it is [[again): On October 19, Hip-O Select will release CD and DD versions of Come On and See Me: The Complete Solo Collection for Tammi Terrell."
    And Dickiemint,
    Harry's initial teaser via Keith Hughes mentions a September pre-sale [[but with an October 19 target date, I'd guess an early Oct pre-sale). The term 'pre-sale' indicates that it would first be available at Hip-O-Select. Other retailers such as Amazon usually receive Hip-O-Select sets 6-8 weeks later, so I'd expect to see it on such sites in late November.
    Last edited by pj1; 09-05-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    From Friday's MusicTap

Harry's initial teaser via Keith Hughes mentions a September pre-sale but with an October 19 target date, I'd guess an early Oct pre-sale). [[The term 'pre-sale' indicates that it would first be available at Hip-O-Select. Other retailers such as Amazon usually receive Hip-O-Select sets 6-8 weeks later, so I'd expect to see it on such sites in late November

Now why do I feel that same feeling or a better term ,"Collectors/Soul Music Fan Dilemma. The feeling of ,you know that you got to have it. Should you grab it right now at whatever the cost or.......be "thrifty" ,and wait to shop around? Will this be like the time I screwed up and missed out on the Four Tops Lost and Found or like the time I bought the David album right away? There's no question that I have to have this set.
    I was wondering if this is going to be a numbered set ,or if not ,how many are going to be in this pressing?

Hip-O stopped numbering sets ages ago.

Here we go:

http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...4-DC137C15A01A

Disc 2 previews will be posted on Monday or Tuesday.

"Unsung" Tammi episode this Monday at 10 EST.
    Last edited by hwume; 09-17-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Ordered! Thanks Harry Wienger and everyone involved. Man, I can hardly wait! LOL!

ONE DAY! here in England and Europe we will get the releases the same time as the USA, to appreciate the support We have given MOTOWN since the 60's!

John

There has been a handful of releases that came out here before the USA and the internet makes these things less of a problem....plus we did get the 45s of if i were a carpenter and simple game before the States.

but its always been that way...and old habits dont die! smile

yeah....there were a handful of items that slipped through U.S. control. Perhaps you can pay us a small tax for those freebies?

elegant

You dont normally charge for freebies....

*wink*

Harry,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been listening to the clips from Disc 1 all day yesterday and am looking forward to hearing Disc 2. I love the range of styles that I've heard so far.

Keep up the great Twitter posts!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    John

There has been a handful of releases that came out here before the USA and the internet makes these things less of a problem....plus we did get the 45s of if i were a carpenter and simple game before the States.

but its always been that way...and old habits dont die! smile
    I fully agree John, but Hippo product is harder to obtain even with the internet, except say some 6 weeks later!

Can someone post the track list for Come On & See Me? I've preordered it from Amazon, but have no idea

what I'm getting.

There is a full track listing on Hip-OSelect's site. Just click on where it says "click here" in the news section re Tammi Terrell at the bottom of the homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    There is a full track listing on Hip-OSelect's site. Just click on where it says "click here" in the news section re Tammi Terrell at the bottom of the homepage.
    Thanks, but I avoid the Hip O Select site. My computer doesn't like it that's why I asked someone to post the track list here.

Here you go, Kamasu_Jr:

Tammi Terrell
    Come On And See Me: The Complete Solo Collection

Disc 1
    1. If You See Bill
    2. It’s Mine
    3. Voice Of Experience
    4. I Wancha’ To Be Sure
    5. Sinner’s Devotion
    6. Make The Night Just A Little Longer
    7. Big John
    8. I Cried
    9. If You Don’t Think
    10. If I Would Marry You*
    11. This Time Tomorrow*
    12. I’ve Got Nothing To Say But Goodbye**
    13. I Can’t Hold It In Any More**
    14. If I Would Marry You duet with Jimmy Radcliffe**
    15. I Can’t Believe You Love Me
    16. That’s What Boys Are Made For
    17. Come On And See Me
    18. What A Good Man He Is
    19. Tears At The End Of A Love Affair
    20. This Old Heart Of Mine [[Is Weak For You)
    21. He’s The One I Love
    22. Can’t Stop Now [[Love Is Calling)
    23. Just Too Much To Hope For
    24. Hold Me Oh My Darling
    25. I Can’t Go On Without You
    26. Baby Don’tcha Worry
    27. There Are Things

Disc 2
    1. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
    2. All I Do Is Think About You
    3. Slow Down
    4. I Gotta Find A Way [[To Get You Back)
    5. Oh How I’d Miss You
    6. Lone Lonely Town
    7. You Ain’t Livin’ ’Till You’re Lovin’*
    8. Give In You Just Can’t Win*
    9. When Love Comes Knocking At My Heart*
    10. Memory Chest*
    11. That’s How It Is [[Since You’ve Been Gone)*
    12. More, More, More*
    13. Two Can Have A Party*
    14. My Heart*
    15. Don’t Let Me Be Lonely*
    16. Kissing In The Shadows**
    17. Beware Of A Stranger**
    18. It’s Been A Long Time Happenin’**
    19. Almost Like Being In Love [[Live)**
    20. Stage dialogue with emcee Scott Regan**
    21. I Can’t Believe You Love Me [[Live)**
    22. Medley: What A Difference A Day Makes/Runnin’ Out Of Fools/Tell Me The Truth/Baby Love [[Live)**
    23. Come On And See Me [[Live)**

Disc 1, tracks 10-14 and Disc 2, tracks 6-23
    **Previously unreleased/*Previously unreleased stereo version

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Here you go, Kamasu_Jr:

Tammi Terrell
    Come On And See Me: The Complete Solo Collection

Disc 1
    1. If You See Bill
    2. It’s Mine
    3. Voice Of Experience
    4. I Wancha’ To Be Sure
    5. Sinner’s Devotion
    6. Make The Night Just A Little Longer
    7. Big John
    8. I Cried
    9. If You Don’t Think
    10. If I Would Marry You*
    11. This Time Tomorrow*
    13. I Can’t Hold It In Any More**
    14. If I Would Marry You duet with Jimmy Radcliffe**
    15. I Can’t Believe You Love Me
    16. That’s What Boys Are Made For
    17. Come On And See Me
    18. What A Good Man He Is
    19. Tears At The End Of A Love Affair
    20. This Old Heart Of Mine [[Is Weak For You)
    21. He’s The One I Love
    22. Can’t Stop Now [[Love Is Calling)
    23. Just Too Much To Hope For
    24. Hold Me Oh My Darling
    25. I Can’t Go On Without You
    26. Baby Don’tcha Worry
    27. There Are Things

Disc 2
    1. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
    2. All I Do Is Think About You
    3. Slow Down
    4. I Gotta Find A Way [[To Get You Back)
    5. Oh How I’d Miss You
    6. Lone Lonely Town
    7. You Ain’t Livin’ ’Till You’re Lovin’*
    8. Give In You Just Can’t Win*
    9. When Love Comes Knocking At My Heart*
    10. Memory Chest*
    11. That’s How It Is [[Since You’ve Been Gone)*
    12. More, More, More*
    13. Two Can Have A Party*
    14. My Heart*
    15. Don’t Let Me Be Lonely*
    16. Kissing In The Shadows**
    17. Beware Of A Stranger**
    18. It’s Been A Long Time Happenin’**
    19. Almost Like Being In Love [[Live)**
    20. Stage dialogue with emcee Scott Regan**
    21. I Can’t Believe You Love Me [[Live)**
    22. Medley: What A Difference A Day Makes/Runnin’ Out Of Fools/Tell Me The Truth/Baby Love [[Live)**
    23. Come On And See Me [[Live)**

Disc 1, tracks 10-14 and Disc 2, tracks 6-23
    **Previously unreleased/*Previously unreleased stereo version
    hanks Danman. Interesting lineup of tracks including a few rarities. However, many of the tracks have been available on other sets like The Complete Duets [[Marvin & Tammi) and The Essential Collection. After hearing the stripped down version of If This World Were Mine [[nice touch Harry Weinger) on Unsung, I wish that could have also been included.
    I also saw your friend request, Dan. I'm not ignoring it, just not sure how to activate it. The new forum still gives me problems. But you're already cool in my book..

You're welcome, Kamasu... I believe many of the tracks that were on the "Complete Duets" were in mono and the ones now on this collection are in stereo. I would agree that it would be wonderful to have the stripped down version of "If This World Were Mine," but I can't help but wonder if something like that would be an "Easter egg" on this set. Who knows? I'm still psyched that a Tammi collection of this size is being released. Even though I own both "The Complete Duets" and "The Essential Collection," I am ready to buy on this one.

Thanks for acknowledging the friend request! Sorry the forum's still giving you problems.