[REMOVE ADS]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Then I stand corrected and send apologies to Carlo and congratulations to Miss Mary Wilson for her Golden Halo Award.

Humbly,

Roberta
    ....and I accept your apologies too!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Carlo, I just spoke to two people at the S Cal Motion Picture Council. They said that the banquet was to honor B. Harlan Boll. The president of the organization Randal Malone saw Mary in Las Vegas and asked if she would be available for the event. She made herself available and flew in for the event. They had confirmed that she was indeed given an award, but there seemed to be some stuttering or confusion when I asked them if her award was for individual achievement in the entertainment industry or if was being given to her for her participation in the event. I did not let the question go and asked it a few different ways. The conclusion is that they gave out many awards and that they are all called Halos. Mary got one of those awards. The two people that I confereneced with said that Mary did perform something acapella. I got the impression that it was not planned. They both spoke highly of Mary. Eventually, I got them to say that they awarded Mary for her contribution to the entertainment industry. I don’t know if this clears up anything, but at least we know that she did receive some kind of an award from them.
    And than you milven for clearing this up.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    And than you milven for clearing this up.

Roberta
    You really should thank him since you and Bayouman are a couple of the folks that created the work for him.......

Bayouman created nothing Marv, I don't give a squat about awards that no one has heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Bayouman created nothing Marv, I don't give a squat about awards that no one has heard of.
    Well then drop it [[ like it's hot!)

Thank you Milven. Earlier today, Mary confirmed for me that she did receive a Golden Halo Award.

Apologies accepted.
    Last edited by carlo; 09-23-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thank you Milven. Earlier today, Mary confirmed for me that she did receive a Golden Halo Award.

Apologies accepted.
    What a shame the media chose to take a ton of photos of B. Harlan Boll and not Mary Wilson. This upsets me deeply.

smark21 Guest
    As a Golden Halo Award winner, is Mary Wilson being offered more money for her gigs? I would assume such a prestigious honor would lead to more money and prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    As a Golden Halo Award winner, is Mary Wilson being offered more money for her gigs? I would assume such a prestigious honor would lead to more money and prestige.
    I should think so. Look what the award did for B. Harlan Boll's career.