[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    AMEN!..correct,dianesfan

LOL!!! I stand by my statement that the Supremes or any other American Soul stars of the 60's could "mop" the stage with the Beatles or any of the Beatle type bands with their LIVE performance.Did you ever see the Stones[[& I actually liked them) try to follow James Brown?LOL

I totally agree with you,but one thing has nothing to do with the other..lol..

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    LOL!!! I stand by my statement that the Supremes or any other American Soul stars of the 60's could "mop" the stage with the Beatles or any of the Beatle type bands with their LIVE performance.Did you ever see the Stones[[& I actually liked them) try to follow James Brown?LOL
    Yes I have seen the Stones live. They are fantastic. I'm too young to have seen the Beatles live. Your "statement" is an opinion, so I guess you need to wash out your mop, darling.

FYI - Maria Callas mops the floor with Gladys Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Everyone I know that had anything t do with RTL says Diana left the negotiations up to the promotors. I have nothing absolutely nothing from Mr. Gordy saying he sided with Mary or Cindy.
    Oh yes it was mentioned several times back in 2000 that Berry Gordy got involved in the negotiations on behalf of Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong. He was very angry over the way they were being treated. Mary confirmed Mr. Gordy's involvement again just last month in this New York Times interview:

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2...d-mary-wilson/

WOW !!!!!!!!!!! so many quotes on what Mr. Gordy said and thought...................can anyone point me to where it was stated or written that he [[Berry Gordy) thought Mary and Cindy should be included or that he agreed with Mary or Cindy. The only thing I remember about this tour was that he thought Diana should do whatever she felt would be fun.
    Yeah, well read here:

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2...d-mary-wilson/

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    my favorite quote[[which I have IN PRINT!) was from Ross' ex lover Gene Simmons of KISS as a bit of advice;
    "Mary Wilson? who's gonna care if she shows up or not?"
    see, Gene is an expert at f***ing over former original group members and shoving replacements into KISS,BUt when it came time,years ago, for a KISS reunion, Simmons made SURE that all the right parts were in place..
    practise what you preach,Gene!

Isn't Gene Simmons a Republican? I am pretty sure I saw him on television earlier this year dogging Pres. Obama.

Read the next paragraph down where Mary says she has never been interviewed by Peter Benjaminson for the Flo Ballard story and Benjaminson says he interviewed Mary twice.

Now how about a comment, line, paragraph, sentence or a note from Mr. Gordy that is actually coming from Mr. Gordy.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dianesfan_1965 View Post
    Yes I have seen the Stones live. They are fantastic. I'm too young to have seen the Beatles live. Your "statement" is an opinion, so I guess you need to wash out your mop, darling.

Maria Callas who? Gladys Knight is the bomb! Always has been.....!

I agree with Motony, the Motown Acts vocally and visually murder those other acts on stage. It is no contest!

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post

I totally agree and yes I saw that [[the Stones following James Brown & the Fabulous Flames) in the T.A.M.I. Show. It was no contest. James Brown left the stage smoking hot!

Read the next paragraph down where Mary says she has never been interviewed by Peter Benjaminson for the Flo Ballard story and Benjaminson says he interviewed Mary twice.

Now how about a comment, line, paragraph, sentence or a note from Mr. Gordy that is actually coming from Mr. Gordy.
    I think you'll be in for a very long wait captainjames.

Isn't Gene Simmons a Republican? I am pretty sure I saw him on television earlier this year dogging Pres. Obama.
    Gene Simmons blasted Obama for his policies on Israel. That doesn't make him a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I think you'll be in for a very long wait captainjames.
    He sure is because he is not paying me and what he chooses to believe or not believe matters to no one!

Gene Simmons blasted Obama for his policies on Israel. That doesn't make him a Republican.
    I didn't say that he was. I was asking the question! Read it again and get it right this time if you are bent on picking a fight! Geez.........

I didn't say that he was. I was asking the question! Read it again and get it right this time if you are bent on picking a fight! Geez.........

No fight from me marv2. I don't need to read it again though. I know exactly what you meant.

WHOA!!!! An opinion that i respect. Gladys Knight never mopped the floor for Aristotle Onasis like the opera diva.

Yes I am !!! I am paying you no attention because Mr. Gordy lips are sealed on the matter. Diana has said that Mr. Gordy said to do whatwever you feel would be fun to do. So, its Diana word against Mary's word. So, you are incorrect, I am paying you.....! I am paying you no attention. Caesar is HOME !!!!

He sure is because he is not paying me and what he chooses to believe or not believe matters to no one!
    Last edited by captainjames; 09-17-2011 at 01:43 PM.

She didn't say that, you must be seeing things. What she said was this:

"I’m thrilled there’ll be a movie, but they haven’t really interviewed me,"

The guy interviewing her didn't even ask her if she was ever interviewed by Peter Benjaminson. She is referring to the producers and screenwriters for the film not realizing Mr. Benjaminson' involvement in the film. That is exactly what she meant!

The guy interviewing her didn't even ask her if she was ever interviewed by Peter Benjaminson. She is referring to the producers and screenwriters for the film not realizing Mr. Benjaminson' involvement in the film. That is exactly what she meant!
    Since you seem to know absolutely everything about Mary Wilson marv2, can you please tell us when Mary's new CD will be released in the US and can you tell us if "Life's Been Good To Me" the single made the UK charts and how many copies it sold?

Thanks in advance.

Roberta

Perhaps you are reading and seeing more into than what is there. The question proposed to her was;
    "Have you read Peter Benjaminson’s biography of Florence? It was supposed to be made into a movie with Faith Evans, but she dropped out, and now Terry Dexter’s got the part. So obviously when mentioned to Peter Benjaminson that was his response that he interviewed her twice.
    CAESAR IS HOME

Last edited by captainjames; 09-19-2011 at 09:44 AM.

You have to love it. Mary Wilson doesn't even know who Peter Benjaminson is and from the claptrap way the attempt to film something based on his interview has gone, kudos to her for avoiding it.

This kind of garbage is another example of why the Supremes story is holding less and less interest and why they are unable to attract anything like a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammys or anyone else ~ it is a spectacle and it is not an attractive one.

There are so many people out there trying to "hawk" a connection to Diana Ross and turn it into money.

Since you seem to know absolutely everything about Mary Wilson marv2, can you please tell us when Mary's new CD will be released in the US and can you tell us if "Life's Been Good To Me" the single made the UK charts and how many copies it sold?

Thanks in advance.

Roberta
    Mary said it would be out soon.

Perhaps you are reading and seeing more into than what is there. The question proposed to her was;
    "Have you read Peter Benjaminson’s biography of Florence? It was supposed to be made into a movie with Faith Evans, but she dropped out, and now Terry Dexter’s got the part. So obviously when mentioned to Peter Benjaminson that was his response that he interviewed her twice.
    CAESAR IS HOME

Yeah but you are still not getting it. Her reading the book "Lost Supreme" by Peter Benjaminson has nothing to do with her response that "they", have not really interviewed me for the film; meaning that the producers and screenwriters have not contacted her yet. She was not aware that the reporter was inferring that Mr. Benjaminson is also directly connected to te production of the film.

Mary said it would be out soon.
    No disrespect but Mary has been saying that for nine years. Given your close connection to Mary I was wonder if you could ask her if the new CD will be out this year?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    You have to love it. Mary Wilson doesn't even know who Peter Benjaminson is and from the claptrap way the attempt to film something based on his interview has gone, kudos to her for avoiding it.

This kind of garbage is another example of why the Supremes story is holding less and less interest and why they are unable to attract anything like a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammys or anyone else ~ it is a spectacle and it is not an attractive one.

There are so many people out there trying to "hawk" a connection to Diana Ross and turn it into money.
    That's funny. Maybe Diane needs to try to hawk a connection to herself , because now, like everyone else. She has sing for her supper...........

Oh yes! Mary knows who Peter Benjaminson is, it's just that the reporter never directly asked her if she knew Peter or has been interviewed by him.

And baby she is doing it in GRAND STYLE like a true DIVA !!!!!

That's funny. Maybe Diane needs to try to hawk a connection to herself , because now, like everyone else. She has sing for her supper...........

It was a good show and I am truly glad I got the chance to see it because it will probably be the last time I will ever see Three Supremes on a stage again. I have seen the girls many times over the years but this was the first time I heard "LoveLights" perform through its entirety.

Even though I wish Mary and Cindy would have been on the tour ... this video always seems pretty wicked to me.

Shame people have to say such nasty things about Diana all the time. They need to get lives.

It was a good show and I am truly glad I got the chance to see it because it will probably be the last time I will ever see Three Supremes on a stage again. I have seen the girls many times over the years but this was the first time I heard "LoveLights" perform through its entirety.
    Really great, fun clip. Wish I could have seen this show. The comments from a certain member are disgraceful.

That's not true Rob. The Southern California Motion Picture Council proudly presented Mary Wilson the Golden Halo, Lifetime Achievement Award, October 18th, 2010.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    You talk as if Ross is broke.

That's not true Rob. The Southern California Motion Picture Council proudly presented Mary Wilson the Golden Halo, Lifetime Achievement Award, October 18th, 2010.
    I bet founder Randal Malone is a huge Supremes/Mary Wilson fan. Anyone know if this awards show is televised?

http://web.me.com/uromastyx.studio/S...President.html

Looks like a very classy awards dinner.

http://web.me.com/uromastyx.studio/S...ards-2010.html

I bet founder Randal Malone is a huge Supremes/Mary Wilson fan. Anyone know if this awards show is televised?
    Never heard of the Award or of Randal Malone. Looking at his picture, I wonder if he is a relation to Michael Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Never heard of the Award or of Randal Malone. Looking at his picture, I wonder if he is a relation to Michael Jackson
    I bet he's a lovely person and I like him for honoring our very own Mary Wilson with the Southern California Motion Picture Council Golden Halo, Lifetime Achievement Award.

looks like Rosie o Donnell on nutra system

looks like Rosie o Donnell on nutra system
    That's rather cruel and tasteless IMO. I'm sure he's a very fine gentleman who obviously has exquisite taste hence his honoring of Miss Mary Wilson with the Southern California Motion Picture Council Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement Award.

As usual the info posted by you-know-who is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    As usual the info posted by you-know-who is wrong
    Really? You mean Mary Wilson didn't get the Southern California Motion Picture Council Golden Halo, Lifetime Achievement Award?

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

Wasn't this guy married to Liza?

Wasn't this guy married to Liza?
    You mean Liza Minnelli, right? I thought he looked real familiar. You could be right dianesfan_1965. Didn't they have a huge wedding a few years back?

i LIKE Rosie O Donell..it was meant as a compliment!!

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    You mean Liza Minnelli, right? I thought he looked real familiar. You could be right dianesfan_1965. Didn't they have a huge wedding a few years back?

Yes they did. And the rumor is that Liza knocked the crap out of him.

that was David Gest...and he made this guy look butch!

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    that was David Gest...and he made this guy look butch!
    I've seen drag queens at Show Girls in P-town that look like line backers compared to this one.

honest man Guest
    is it liza's mum.have n't got my glasses on,

dianesfan_1965 Guest

http://web.me.com/uromastyx.studio/S...President.html

Looks like a very classy awards dinner.

http://web.me.com/uromastyx.studio/S...ards-2010.html

Looks like they threw down some good chow.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    is it liza's mum.have n't got my glasses on,
    He's a man named Randal Malone and according to marv2 his organization, the "Southern California Motion Picture Council" honored Miss Mary Wilson with their very prestigious Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement Award.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    He's a man named Randal Malone and according to marv2 his organization, the "Southern California Motion Picture Council" honored Miss Mary Wilson with their very prestigious Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement Award.
    http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/...wards_20101023

Here's a link w/ some photos from this event. Looks like some fun! That guy with the cowboy hat on looks like he could throw down a good bang.

it gets no gayer!

I guess I don't understand Mary Wilson's achievements in Motion Pictures rather than music or television