[REMOVE ADS]

The Brothers of Soul at Tera Shirma

The Brothers of Soul are coming to the UK and there is a great article on them by Rob Ross from Soul-Source.co.uk. There is a picture of Fred Bridges with Ed Wolfrum mixing at Tera Shirma!

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...-uk-show-r2244

Mike

Mike,
    the mixing pic isn't Tera Shirma. Looks like United Sound to me, which is where Wolfy worked.

Thanks for the correction Ralph...... I've restated...

The Brothers of Soul at Tera Shirma
    The Brothers of Soul are coming to the UK and there is a great article on them by Rob Ross from Soul-Source.co.uk. There is an incorrectly labelled picture of Fred Bridges with Ed Wolfrum who were not mixing at Tera Shirma!

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...-uk-show-r2244

Mike

No problem, Mike. Fred Bridges did do extensive work at Tera Shirma, but not in this case.

Ralph, could you in your wildest dreams ever have imagined Fred and his group coming to perform in the UK for the first time some 40 plus years on?

I suppose not, Mike. I can tell you that Fred is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. If you get a chance to speak with him, please give him my best regards.

Hi Mike.

I think the guy who is bringing them over & who wrote the article is Rob Moss!

Morph

Hi Morph, that is correct. Please refer to the first post I made; I state it is indeed Rob Moss. I always ensure that the full credits and attributions are fully and clearly stated so there cannot be any confusion. And of course clicking on the link takes you to the original article; I don't cut and paste so the provenance of the website and the writer is always clear.

I do post items of this kind in the hope that it will help the artists / promoters / journalists get greater coverage. I have been sorely disappointed to miss many shows because I was unaware they were happening until after the event, and I hope coverage increases attendance and therefore returns for the artists / promoters.

cheers Mike
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 09-06-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks for this post. I like the Brothers of Soul very much and it's good oo know that they are still around. In my estimation, they should have had more than one hit record.

Hi Mike.

I fancy going to this night, but was talking to some people over the weekend who said they thought it had been cancelled, so do you know if it is definitely on?

morph

Quote Originally Posted by motownmorph1 View Post
    Hi Mike.

I fancy going to this night, but was talking to some people over the weekend who said they thought it had been cancelled, so do you know if it is definitely on?

morph
    Rob sent me an EMail last week so I presume it is still on.

He can be contacted via Hayley records....... http://www.hayleyrecords.co.uk/

Is this night next week still on does anyone know, had no response from the web site & I cant see it mentioned on any other soul forum

morph

Just had an email response from Rob at hayley records confirming the concert is on as planned.

Rob, the promoter confirms that the concert is DEFINITELY ON! The guys are flying in on Thursday and they'll be rehearsing Friday. Show on Saturday.

Not 100% sure if Fred is coming I spoken to him 2 weeks on the phone ..will call him later to see if he is ..be great if he does come really nice guy always enjoy catching up with him after the fourtops shows back stage . The brothers of soul will be a great show and first time in the uk they will love it just like when myself and chris waterman brought the Fabulous peps over 2008 .

so no Fred, who is it who are now in the Brothers Of Soul?

Morph

What's up Chalky? Fred is definitely going to be there, and he's pumped for the show - I was trying to make some [[not so subtle) hints that they might need a hand percussionist, I'm excited for FLB just thinking about it!

We"ll be there.

Flb

great news fred really pleased your coming over i will give you a call when you arrive be good seeing you again ..have a safe trip its going to be a great live show ..Brothers of Soul in the Uk ..I'm djing at a chairty event for our Northern soul children in Need night and will be rushing over to catch the show ! , hey drew hope is all well would be great if you could had came but i will see you next March 2012 when The tops come over .

Looking forward to a concert review and hopefully a interview with TBOS.

Well I can't wait, promo photos printed ready for some signatures, camera charged, photos will be on flickr ASAP.

If anyone interested pictures form last nights gig on my flickr page....
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/crossey...7627958150060/

Nice shots , looks like you guys had a great time.........

I'm just trying to upload a video to my FB page......

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Nice shots , looks like you guys had a great time.........
    cheers, other photos on my flickr site that will be of interest to some on hear, some Detroit artists amongst them.

Ok, I saw Eaton and Bridges, what happened to Knight?

Neither Knight [[Richard nor stand in Ben) could make it not sure what problem was, I was told health problems?

Chalky: Send me the video if u can. Flb

Fred, can you let me have an address and I will do you a cd with the videos and another of my photos. There are a couple of other videos too. Do you use a windows computer or Apple Mac?

Last edited by chalky; 10-31-2011 at 07:28 AM.