[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wells Sings Love Songs To The Beatles

http://www.amazon.com/love-songs-bea...272153&sr=1-68

I always liked this LP...and, I'm thinking I might be the only one out there. I've mentioned this LP to Mary Wells fans and I always get a cool reception? Well, I liked it and only wish it had been released on CD. Never cared much for the Beatles, but, sure liked Mary's versions. Just wondering if anyone liked it besides me?

It's been a long time since I've listened to this LP. It was never one of Wells' best, in my opinion. Vocally I thought she sounded fine but as I recall each song seemed to have the same arrangement and it made the LP seem interminable.

I really like AND I LOVE HIM, but that's really the only track I listen to. I don't think it is a bad album. Just not one of my favorites.

Beatlemania era, it was a quick cash in, that's how they did things back then...Supremes did it with A Bit of Liverpool, probably my least favorite Supremes album ever, sounds and feels like a cash in, rush job

I agree with reese on "And I Love Him". Mary sounds great, but it was given a big band treatment. Didn't really have
    a rock & roll flavor, more MOR. "Please Please Me" was issued as a single and got a lot of R&B airplay here in central
    Florida.

Count me among the few that like it. It's great to put on while cleaning the house or just listen to on a lazy afternoon. Wells was at her sultry best

Mary sounds really great, as always BUT hated those big band type arrangements.The music was just too adult contemporary for R & B or Pop radio.I like it now more then when I was young, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    Mary sounds really great, as always BUT hated those big band type arrangements.The music was just too adult contemporary for R & B or Pop radio.I like
    it now more then when I was young, thats for sure.

I had a relative who was a little jealous of my admiration for Mary Wells. He really disliked her because I loved her so much, but he actually liked Love Songs to the Beatles. Go figure!! My dog ate my original copy of the vinyl album. I'm not joking.

What year was this released?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    What year was this released?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Songs_to_The_Beatles

1965! The lp didn't do well at all; the company thought it would be a big success. By the way, she said she didn't like
    the title 'Love Songs to the Beatles'.

I would love to have this album,on cd,no i have never heard this album,MARYWELLS SINGS LOVE SONGS TO THE BEATLES,I would like to have it,because i'm a big MARY WELLS FAN.[[no matter what)
    Please stay positive

I'm with you REDHOT, would love to see the entire LP on CD. I do have some of the songs on CD, an import that has alot of "B"sides & a few of the cuts from the "Beatle" LP.The LP should have been titled "Mary Wells Sings the Beatles" cause Mary did not like that title as Randy pointed out.I loved the back pix of Mary[[in the white mink that Mr. Gordy gave her for her 21st B'day, LOL).