[REMOVE ADS]

Shark attact............any personal stories?

http://news.yahoo.com/aussie-bodyboa...132146130.html

After reading this.....it brought back memories of when I was a 14 year old kid on vacation in Dayton Beach, Fl. with my parents. I had been playing around on this rubber blow up raft and decided to just lay back and 'float'........float I did. When I looked around I was WAY out. The beach looked small. As I was paddling back, something kept bumping me from under the raft. It sort of freaked me out as I could see something large and grey periodically under the raft. This went on for awhile. Back then [[we're talking about 1964) I knew zip about sharks. This was pre-Jaws! In fact, being from the Midwest, never really heard much about sharks back then. As I got close to shore, I did see a fin come up. I've heard Great Whites don't bump. Someone told me it may have been an Oceanic White Tip? Had I know what I know now....I would have been paralyzed!! I finally made it back to shore and I had drifted almost a half mile down. My parents gave me one hell of a bawling out and I got one of the worst sun burns of my life. Not a great vacation! Just wondering if anyone else has had a personal experience with sharks?

Yeah, summer of 2006 we were fishing out in the Great South Bay off of Long Island and I caught a baby shark by accident. We brought the fiesty little critter on board and he tried to bite my wrist before we threw him overboard! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yeah, summer of 2006 we were fishing out in the Great South Bay off of Long Island and I caught a baby shark by accident. We brought the fiesty little critter on board and he tried to bite my wrist before we threw him overboard! LOL!
    That could have been an "ouchie"!

I once was in the water and felt this stinging sensation,which i thought was a shark attack.....until i woke up and realized that i had fallen asleep in the tub and the radio had fallen in,again..had i not been numbed by all the hooch in my system i wouldn't been in big trouble!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44703849...1#.ToO4cewyinA

Every time I read one of these stories [[another one tonight)....I think back to my experience and think of how lucky I was! Cold sweats just thinking about it!