Hi all,

Thought I would share the available reissues from Ashford & Simpson with you, though I suspect most of you are on the soulmusic.com mailing list as well:

Hello Everyone

We trust this finds you in good spirits.

We are continuing in our celebration of the life and artistry of our beloved Nick Ashford. We wanted to spotlight some of the classic music Ashford & Simpson have given us over the years, including their Warner Brothers and Capitol recordings, as well as live recordings and a fantastic compilation of their songs performed by other artists

Read on....

ASHFORD & SIMPSON: HITS, REMIXES AND RARITIES [[2-CD)

This compilation boasts lush, soulful originals, impossible to find 12" versions and sensational contemporary remixes of signature tracks from R&B's most enduring duo! The phenomenal R&B performing and songwriting partnership of Ashford & Simpson made their Warner Bros. recording debut with 1973's Billboard® Top 20 LP Gimme Something Real. Over the course of more than a decade with the label, the duo's legend grew with a string of chart hits and acclaimed albums, among them 1978's gold-selling Is It Still Good To Ya, which Stephen Holden described in Rolling Stone as, "music I find almost irresistibly ecstatic."

That feeling comes across full-force on Rhino's 2-CD compilation featuring unforgettable originals and 12" versions on Disc 1 followed by inspired contemporary remixes on Disc 2. As songwriters, Ashford & Simpson gave the world classics including "I'm Every Woman" and "Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing." As performers they deliver sonic ecstasy, celebrated to the max on this innovative set.

Includes liner notes by David Nathan and comments from Nick and Val.

ASHFORD & SIMPSON: THE REAL THING

An intimate concert features Ashford & Simpson singing their biggest hits at Feinstein's at the Loews Regency in New York City. Songs include "Solid," "Reach Out and Touch [[Somebody's Hand)," "I'm Every Woman," "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," and "Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing" with special guest Freddie Jackson. Between songs they share the stories behind the hits from their celebrated career as a songwriting/production team, providing iconic artists such as Diana Ross, Chaka Khan and others with some of their biggest hits. Filmed October 2007.

ASHFORD & SIMPSON: PERFORMANCE

First time on CD for this 1981 live album from Ashford & Simpson containing the entire double LP set on one disc.

ASHFORD & SIMPSON: VERY BEST OF

Features 15 of the duo's best hits from Capitol & Warner Bros albums spanning 1973-1984. Includes 'Solid [[As A Rock)', 'Stuff Like That' [[feat. Chaka Khan & Quincy Jones). Rhino Records

V/A ASHFORD & SIMPSON SONGBOOK

2007 collection of R&B and Pop classics written by the talented duo. Long before they became hitmakers themselves in the '70s and '80s, Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson were successful songwriters. This comp features many of their finest songs performed by various artists including Gladys Knight & The Pips, Chaka Khan, Stephanie Mills, The Main Ingredient, Marlena Shaw, Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, Teddy Pendergrass and more. Expansion.

Includes liner notes by David Nathan.

This is the correct track listing:
1 Top Of The Stairs - Collins & Collins
2 Clouds - Chaka Khan
3 Bourgie Bourgie - Gladys Knight & The Pips
4 Have You Ever Tried It For Yourself- Main Ingredient
5 Rough Times - Angela Bofill
6 Hit And Run Lover - Dynamic Superiors
7 Keep Away Girls - Stephanie Mills
8 Warm and Gentle Explosion - Ullanda McCullough
9 Is It Still Good To Ya - Teddy Pendergrass
10 It's In There - Jennifer Holliday
11 The Boss [[Extended Club Mix)- Diana Ross
12 Over And Over - Sylvester
13 California Soul - Marlena Shaw
14 Keep It Coming - Tata Vega
15 I Wouldn't Change The Man He Is- Blinky
16 Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

You can see more information and order the above titles at Soulmusic.com Store.

Don't forget to check out David's most recent Dedicated to Soul - Tribute To Nick Ashford right here.