[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    John, many thanks for the shout......greatly appreciated. I stumbled across a recording on YouTube. It was Levi Stubbs singing lead with the Temps singing backup on "Just Another Lonely Night". Anything you can tell me about Levi singing with the Temps on that song?

The song first appeared on "Four Tops Forever", the Tops' 4 cd box set issued in 2001. It is track 10 on disc 2.
    The annotation lists the following:
    Just Another Lonely Night
    [[William Stevenson- Ivy Jo Hunter)
    Additional background vocals by the Temptations
    Produced by William "Mickey" Stevenson & Ivy Jo Hunter
    Working title: "In New York"
    Recorded April 27, 1965, by Ivy Hunter; track assigned to the Temptations, vocals recorded, June 10, 1965;
    Levi Stubbs' lead recorded July 4, 1965; Four Tops & Andantes backgrounds added July 13, 1967
    PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED
    @2001 Motown Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.

PJ: many thanks for the interesting info. I have been very curious about this since I found that song. I know Barry Gordy would give the same song to several singers/groups and pick the best version for release, so I guess this is what happened with "Just Another Lonely Night". Makes you wonder how many other unreleased songs are sitting in the Motown vaults. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Looking forward to your Philly show next week Jim!
    SS when is this show? Is it during John's time slot?

Mike...the same time...same station. It is "Nightflight" but it is my "Listener's Choice" series...and Jim is supplying the music!

I'll be engineering and speaking...Jim won't actually be here...but he will join me on the air by phone about halfway through the show.

Mike,

I hope you will join us next Tuesday and post feedback.

Jim

I just saw this thread about earthquakes. I dont know what us Brits would do if we ever got one of those. I hope you guys are ok.

Joseph....why do you stay there with all that going on so regularly....aren't you scared?