[REMOVE ADS]

Baby, baby. Where did Flo go?

http://www.atlanticcityweekly.com/ne...-99944669.html

Mary Wilson of the Supremes is still working as a solo artist. So is Diana Ross. Also Mary Wilson wrote a book. What happened to Florence Ballard, the other Supreme?

— Marian Cicero

Florence was really the founder of the Supremes, who started out as the Primettes. She left the group in 1967 because she wanted to be given more leads and was unhappy with the focus being put on the solo career of Diana Ross. Unfortunately, Florence had some rough years after that, suffering from depression and an alcohol problem. In the mid-’70s, just as she was beginning to revive her own solo career, she died suddenly of a heart attack, only 32 years old.

smark21 Guest
    Where has this woman been all these years?

jonc Guest
    Poor Marian Cicero must have just woken up from a coma. LOL

Too bad Flo can't wake up, huh?

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    Poor Marian Cicero must have just woken up from a coma. LOL
    Well Marian might have been aware of Mary's book, but she certainly never read it!

Come to think of it, it's been a while since I heard any new music by Marvin Gaye. Maybe Tammi should look him up & they can do another LP!

This IS a hoax, isn't it?

smark21 Guest
    You know it's been about 50 years since Sam Cooke came out with some new music. When is he going to release something new?

I don't find humor in this at all. Sam Cooke was murdered as a young man with a great future ahead of him. Please respect their memory. Sarcasm only goes so far.

What the...

uptight Guest
    I'm pretty sure there is a lot of folks wondering where Flo is who haven't a clue. But what's weird is how the person knew all three group members' names in her question and what two of the women were doing with their careers. The logical next step should have been a simple Google search instead of posing the question like that.

I have the same birthday as the lovely FLO, 30th June, and I always play Buttered Popcorn. Not for anything morbid, but because I can appreciate what a GREAT singer she was, and I can dance around to it as i get myself ready for the day ahead.Yes, it was very tragic, her early death, BUT it IS wonderful that her talent, voice and georgeous looks are remembered to this day. Yes, i LOVE Buttered Popcorn!!!...Paulo