[REMOVE ADS]

This is a Serious Question

A few months ago, a 13 year old named Rebecca Black released a song called Friday that received overwhelming negativity. It got so bad that she even received death threats. If this had been done by The Supremes in the 60's, do you think the song would have gotten that much flung at them [[considering their popularity)? Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BI0szjpxJs

No.

Music lovers knew how to behave with respect in those days.

Considering the junk out there that I've heard that become hits,
    I wonder where our music has gone. To me that song was geared toward her peers.
    But to give death threats about a song,what is happening to our world.
    CEASAR
    THE
    ORIGINAL
    TYMES

ceasar
    i cant stand it!but there is no need for any offensive behaviour towards her.its that kind of "ME"crap that gave us the trouble we've had on our streets in england.
    the "song" isnt offensive and even though i dont like it,she has done something creative,not destructive.

i've just heard beyonce's new album.thats bad aswell IMO.so synthetic,so unsoulfull and i just cant listen to a single track on there again.
    Last edited by tamla617; 08-14-2011 at 10:43 AM.

You guys are just getting old. And, yeah, society is a lot meaner.

Didn't I read somewhere that her parents financed the video or something? I didn't look at the link above

smark21 Guest
    Didn't Harry Beleafonte once get death threats for holding hands with a white woman on a TV special in the 50's or 60"s? And Nat King Cole's tv show couldn't attract a sponsor and wasn't broadcast by a lot of stations in the South. And in sports, Hank Aaron certainly received a lot of death threats as he closed in on breaking Babe Ruth's home run record. There's always been sick, crazies out there. It's just that the internet makes such craziness more immediate.

Rebecca Black is not the only person to be threatened. Check the comments under this link by detroitlives313

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtT6W...eature=related

Smark 21 pointed this out on the thread headed Mary Wilson at Coney Island.

It really is a shame because such negativity only succeeds in steering folk away

stopinthenameoflove Guest
    Jeez that's just awful - how do I complain about this marv2 character? That's a lot of bile for him to be spreading

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Rebecca Black is not the only person to be threatened. Check the comments under this link by detroitlives313

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtT6W...eature=related

Smark 21 pointed this out on the thread headed Mary Wilson at Coney Island.

It really is a shame because such negativity only succeeds in steering folk away

If we have a forum member saying vile things about or to others, even sending death threats, it could even be illegal.

I guess the victim should contact Youtube and make an official complaint. Youtube are clearly readily accessible because music organisations are able to insist that material be removed from its site

What does this have to do with Motown!? Just a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9nyc View Post
    A thread like this should have been posted in the clubhouse section.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff9nyc View Post
    One can argue that the ugly fan war posts found in various forums including youtube can make Motown and its various artists look bad as a casual fan or a person wanting to learn about an artist or a song could be repelled by the use of slurs and veiled threats of violence.

Death threat? Can you reproduce this?

Koach, we shouldn't try to compare cats and dogs. Or apples and pears. It's 2011 now, The Supremes were a different century. Plus: there was no internet in the sixties. So no comparison is possible.