[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'm not one of those fans. I call it as I see it. Stephanie if you are not a hater, then I will just chalk up that WACK post to insecurity, confusion, and a passive agressive personality. You made no sense at all and you came across as jealous of Diana Ross. Oh, btw... I like you too... LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I never saw it that way, but sounds nice...
    I'll never be able to listen to Touch Me In The Morning in the same way again

uptight Guest
    Soulster, I remember noticeable dropouts on disc 1 only. And I remember wishing a one or two tracks from TV segments were EQ'd better. But specifically where were the phase issues in this box set?

Not to open another can of worms, but I remember it was The Supremes box set instead that was EQ'd poorly and had phase issues.

ladonna Guest
    And what are the typos?

Quote Originally Posted by uptight View Post
    Soulster, I remember noticeable dropouts on disc 1 only. And I remember wishing a one or two tracks from TV segments were EQ'd better. But specifically where were the phase issues in this box set?

Not to open another can of worms, but I remember it was The Supremes box set instead that was EQ'd poorly and had phase issues.
    Well... the Eq on that wasn't very hot... but what can one expect from another Suha Gur special. He must work really cheap, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Well... the Eq on that wasn't very hot... but what can one expect from another Suha Gur special. He must work really cheap, or something.
    Again, the engineer takes orders from the producer. If something sounds bad, it's the producer's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by ladonna View Post
    And what are the typos?
    There are a few typo's that I remember: God Bless The Child is listed as Good Bless The Child and Surrender is missing. Other typos are in the LP discography: Swept Away and Stolen Moments are both not listed, On Broadway is listed as GIT - Getting It Together With The Temptations, GH Volume III is listed as Volume II, and an extra LP is listed, simply titled Diana Ross & The Supremes. There may be others, but these errors are most noticeable to me.

It's like Ross tried to cut costs. By doing so, she also cut quality. And, the worst part is the box was priced the same as any other boxed set of it's type.

Bottom line: she should have hired some pros to do the package. But, what does it all matter now? That box was released twenty-some years ago, it's been long OOP, and better-sounding comps have been issued since.
    Last edited by soulster; 08-17-2011 at 06:52 PM.

uptight Guest
    Soulster, I'm still wondering what the phase issues were with Forever Diana you mentioned?

ladonna Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    There are a few typo's that I remember: God Bless The Child is listed as Good Bless The Child and Surrender is missing. Other typos are in the LP discography: Swept Away and Stolen Moments are both not listed, On Broadway is listed as GIT - Getting It Together With The Temptations, GH Volume III is listed as Volume II, and an extra LP is listed, simply titled Diana Ross & The Supremes. There may be others, but these errors are most noticeable to me.

Thanks JohnnyB. I'm gonna pull my set out this weekend and give it a good going over and listening to. I had never noticed any of this before.

Quote Originally Posted by uptight View Post
    Soulster, I'm still wondering what the phase issues were with Forever Diana you mentioned?
    You know, it's been a couple of decades since I owned that piece of crap, and I don't recall exactly which songs had the problem, but they were on the first or second discs. But, any decent engineer would check the mono phase cancellation. This one didn't.

my only issue with the set was that it covered to wide of a range from her career.
    the Supremes section[which was finally released years later] should have been dropped and the entire box set should have been designed around her solo career.

I agree with most of the posts

I was excited to see this project when it came out but could not have been more disappointed by the results. The inclusion of Supremes material. The inferior quality of the "remastering" [[and we know from the projects that Hip O has done what good remastering sounds like). What this was really about was creating a vanity project for Diana. A totally missed opportunity. The anthology that was done a few years later [[red-ish cover) had a much better sound quality to it. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by redlabs View Post
    my only issue with the set was that it covered to wide of a range from her career.
    the Supremes section[which was finally released years later] should have been dropped and the entire box set should have been designed around her solo career.
    I agree! But, for some reason, Motown insists on adding the material from when the Motown artist was with a band or group. This is also true of Lionel Richie and Michael Jackson, and it's quite annoying!