[REMOVE ADS]

Bad business. I hope they don't put the perps into protective custody.

I need someone to help me understand this type of evil:

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    I don't think they will do that [[put them into protective custody). They will have to deal with it like all incarcerated persons.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I need someone to help me understand this type of evil:

It's called white racism. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    It's called white racism. Plain and simple.
    Really? I'm being sarcastic Timmy as I am sure you realize. It just struck me how this man's family is dealing with such a senseless, tragic loss. I mean, he didn't even know why they were killing him.

This is horrible, yet 5 of the seven remain free. This is strange, I've never known a police agency to release evidence of a capital crime. Clarification: Ok Mr Smith, your gun was used in a murder, we realize that you were not the perpetrator so heres your gun back? Be careful now you hear ?

Some background on Dedmon: http://www.wapt.com/r/28422239/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    This is horrible, yet 5 of the seven remain free. This is strange, I've never known a police agency to release evidence of a capital crime. Clarification: Ok Mr Smith, your gun was used in a murder, we realize that you were not the perpetrator so heres your gun back? Be careful now you hear ?
    This is strange for 2011.........it was customary in 1963! Medgar Evers was also murdered in Jackson, Miss in 1963 and his murderer, Byron De LA Beckwith was left to go free after failing to convict him 3 times until finally in 1994 they nailed him. How the other 5 are running free? I don't know or understand. How the one, Rice has had his charges reduced to simple assault is grossly unfair.

Really? I'm being sarcastic Timmy as I am sure you realize. It just struck me how this man's family is dealing with such a senseless, tragic loss. I mean, he didn't even know why they were killing him.
    Didn't pick up on that originally. Senseless and brutal like most racial attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    Didn't pick up on that originally. Senseless and brutal like most racial attacks.
    I mean, could you beat an animal like that? Could you run over a dog and not even look back? Without the videotape proof, it is my understanding that they were going to classify James Craig Anderson's death............as a hit and run accident!

*bump!

Any updates on this case?

Of course they did.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Of course they did.
    I tend to believe that also. I am still waiting to hear if they charged the other 5 that participated in this crime.

This is strange for 2011.........it was customary in 1963!
    This kind of shit still happens all the time. The media networks just don't report it.

This kind of shit still happens all the time. The media networks just don't report it.

I also tend to agree with you here, which is why I did not get as excited about the Patti LaBelle situation as some wanted me to. Two entirely different cases and motivations, but both unfortunately have become common in the United States of America.

I wonder why they don't report stories such as this one, but will interrupt programming to alert the World about a woman turning up missing in Aruba while on vacation?

Of course they did.
    Here's the answer just as you guys predicted:

http://www.etidbits.com/teen-in-alle...prisoners=7918

The white teenager that is being accused of murdering a black man is being held in isolation at a facility in Hinds County near Jackson, Mississippi without bond. Deryl Dedmon, 19, allegedly intentionally ran over James Craig Anderson, 49, on June 26 in a hate crime incident in the parking lot of the Metro Inn.

Hinds County Sherriff’s Department spokesman Lt. Jeffrey Scott said on Friday that the Dedmon is being locked up in isolation because of the “amount of publicity associated with this case” and because they wanted to “separate Mr. Dedmon from the general population.”

One of Dedmon’s alleged accomplices, John Rice, 18, has been charged with assault, but it is not known if he will face additional charges at this time. Attorneys for both the teens have denied that they took part in a racially motivated crime, but rather said that they were on a beer run after a night of partying.

Motel surveillance footage of the incident in question linked Dedmon to the crime. The footage revealed Dedmon and other teenagers beating Anderson and then using their green Ford 2-50 to run him over. At the teen’s bond hearing on July 6, it was revealed that Dedmon also called a friend to brag about what he had done after running over the man. Reports suggest that he also directed a racial slur at the man as well. In addition, District Attorney Robert Shuler Smith also says that Dedmon robbed Anderson as well.

The victim’s sister, Barbara Anderson Young, told WJTV reporters at her lawyer’s office on Friday that she is unhappy that only two people are being charged for the alleged murder. “Go to Brandon and get the other five murderers who committed such a horrendous violent act against my beloved brother,” she said.

The teen could face the death penalty if convicted in the alleged hate crime, and will be prosecuted on a capital murder charge in the death of the autoworker

As I noted above, I was hoping they'd leave him in the general population.

Who ever the video showed beating James Craig Anderson should be charged and in jail. Period!

As I noted above, I was hoping they'd leave him in the general population.

Who ever the video showed beating James Craig Anderson should be charged and in jail. Period!

I somewhat hoped so too, but then had they put him in Gen pop and he was murdered or beaten up really bad before his trial, it would have just looked bad because he did not get due process. I know it sounds strange, but I prefer to see him stand trial and try to explain why he did this. Then give him the death penalty.

I somewhat hoped so too, but then had they put him in Gen pop and he was murdered or beaten up really bad before his trial, it would have just looked bad because he did not get due process. I know it sounds strange, but I prefer to see him stand trial and try to explain why he did this. Then give him the death penalty.
    I like your plan.

I STILL TO THIS DAY wonder how somebody can do this to another human being wether they be black, white, gay, straight, jewish, moslem, green with two horns...whatever. Sad, so sad....Paulo xxx

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    I STILL TO THIS DAY wonder how somebody can do this to another human being wether they be black, white, gay, straight, jewish, moslem, green with two horns...whatever. Sad, so sad....Paulo xxx
    Ignorance, fear, and hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    Human being are the keywords! All the other descriptives are important but come into second place. How could this guy do something like this to another human being? One that he did not know and one that did not know him or had ever done anything to him. Looking straight at the guy bleeding and stumbling from the beating he and his friends just gave him, you hit the gas pedal of this huge trunk and just run him over like road kill. You murder a healthy human being minding his own business and then you can go and joke about it with your friends?