[REMOVE ADS]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    That's not quite how Scherrie tells it. Things were rolling along nicely, Mary said on-stage at their final show [[I was there) that she would be going solo but The Supremes would continue with Scherrie & Susaye and a new member. Not long after that show on Sunday, June 12th 1977, Mary was gone, Scherrie and Susaye signed new contracts as Supremes and it was decided that Joyce was going to join them. Scherrie says that the reason the new group didn't get to record or perform was because Diana told Berry [[not Mary through Diana) that she didn't think the group without any original members should continue the legacy and Berry pulled the plug. Seems strange now when you think about 'Diana Ross & The Supremes Return To Love 2000 Tour' doesn't it?!!
    Oh, you think Return To Love is strange, now?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    She didn't care unless someone asked for help
    Diana could have told Berry to pull the plug when she left......."think about it"
    Ask for help? Help in doing what? Mary Wilson had spent most of her life building up the Supremes. She had even said that if the group was going to continue, that she felt Scherrie would be one of the best people to do that. If Mary wanted Berry to end the group permanently, she would have went directly to him herself. I don't believe he cared one way or another. It is also my belief and ONLY my belief [[no one told me this ok?), that when Scherrie and Susaye refused to do that South American tour, it was a mistake.....

Ok well you hold that thought and be blessed.
    And by the way I never said Mary Wilson, you took it there.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Ask for help? Help in doing what? Mary Wilson had spent most of her life building up the Supremes. She had even said that if the group was going to continue, that she felt Scherrie would be one of the best people to do that. If Mary wanted Berry to end the group permanently, she would have went directly to him herself. I don't believe he cared one way or another. It is also my belief and ONLY my belief [[no one told me this ok?), that when Scherrie and Susaye refused to do that South American tour, it was a mistake.....

Ok well you hold that thought and be blessed.
    And by the way I never said Mary Wilson, you took it there.
    That's right. You never said Mary Wilson when you said "She didn't care unless someone asked for help...". Ok, you could have meant Weezie from "The Jefferesons", ok my bad. Have a nice day!

You have a good day as well.
    Be Blessed

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That's right. You never said Mary Wilson when you said "She didn't care unless someone asked for help...". Ok, you could have meant Weezie from "The Jefferesons", ok my bad. Have a nice day!

~~~~and again I will state that if Diana Ross wanted the Supremes to end she would had told Berry to end it in 1970.

Diana didnt want it to end until there were no originals in it.

Ok I am not sure Diana cared if there was an orignal Supreme was in the group or not unless someone asked her to do something about it. That is the point I am making.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Diana didnt want it to end until there were no originals in it.

~~~~and again I will state that if Diana Ross wanted the Supremes to end she would had told Berry to end it in 1970.
    That assumption means nothing. She asked Berry to pull the plug now that Mary had left the group. He did and it was over. Now 35 years later...........
    Last edited by marv2; 02-26-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Ralph or anyone on SDF can you help me....... I need to know how to use the ignore button again

Ok I am not sure Diana cared if there was an orignal Supreme was in the group or not unless someone asked her to do something about it. That is the point I am making.
    In your opinion [[since you made this statement twice....), who would have asked Diana to do something about it?

Thanks a buddy here showed me how to apply the ignore button
    Kwell Beans
    Maybe I can get back to enjoying SDF now

revvy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Why do so many here vilify Lynda Laurence? I just don't get it.
    Roberta.
    Roberta, it's not that many fans "vilify" Lynda Laurence, it's just that we don't really care for her stage persona...or her voice for that matter. I'm sure she is a very nice person. She's pretty and she has a marginally good singing voice [[too boisterous for my liking, although I did like her jazz singing at the Court House performance on youtube). What bugs me about her is her sense of entitlement for minimal participation with the group and this whole nonsense about the FLOS "keeping the legacy alive." That group just butchers every Supremes song with those dreadful arrangements. Her stage moves are way too sassy and she just seems really fake to me. Granted, Florence was sassy, but it was more comical [[a la Pearl Bailey). It was light-hearted and funny. Lynda's sassiness is largely phony and undeserved [[like in that horrible DIVAS 2000 show). I was also not happy with her participation in the Return to Love show, along with Scherrie, taking Mary and Cindy's rightful places in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by revvy View Post
    Roberta, it's not that many fans "vilify" Lynda Laurence, it's just that we don't really care for her stage persona...or her voice for that matter. I'm sure she is a very nice person. She's pretty and she has a marginally good singing voice [[too boisterous for my liking, although I did like her jazz singing at the Court House performance on youtube). What bugs me about her is her sense of entitlement for minimal participation with the group and this whole nonsense about the FLOS "keeping the legacy alive." That group just butchers every Supremes song with those dreadful arrangements. Her stage moves are way too sassy and she just seems really fake to me. Granted, Florence was sassy, but it was more comical [[a la Pearl Bailey). It was light-hearted and funny. Lynda's sassiness is largely phony and undeserved [[like in that horrible DIVAS 2000 show). I was also not happy with her participation in the Return to Love show, along with Scherrie, taking Mary and Cindy's rightful places in the group.
    I think that pretty much summed things up! LOL!!!!