[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    It is really deceptive! I didn't know the FLOs had done that as well. The reason I noticed this one, is because it was on Amazon and one of the reviewers had given it a low rating and pointed out that it was all rerecordings.

Once I saw an "original autographed 45" of "Locking Up My Heart" signed by Desiree Washington [[who???). The seller said she had "sung with the Marvelettes at one time." Give me a break! She wasn't even one of the girls who sang with the reformed group with Gladys and Wanda! Must be one of Markshak's minions. And she certainly didn't sing on "Locking Up My Heart" or any of the other recordings!

When I pointed out to the seller how dishonest it was, what these "singers" were doing, he responded, "Well, I guess they need to make a living." Well, yes, so do I, but I don't sell drugs, rob banks, or pass myself off as one of the Marvelettes!

Kenneth, sadly yes they did do the same thing. In the old forum there were pictures of the album/cd covers. It's been discussed that the FLO's said they didn't know or couldn't do anything about it.

This is hard but it has to be the Temps album its the only one I can listen to over and over. There is a special place in my heart for the Martha and the Vandellas one though because when I heard Love Bug Leave My Heart alone it was a totally different song it crushed the single! I dont know why they didnt do the single this way it was soulful and fast the released version is a good song but its too slow and not funky enough like the one on the album this live song on a 45 would have done well like Fingertips! Love the organ intro and the Vandellas add to the mix. Vandellas were crucial backgrounds in Marthas repetoire like the Pips were with Gladys.

without question the best is the orig motown revue live that captured so well all the excitement I remember after seeing the revue live at the Uptown.The individual live lps of the same era are also noteworthy.What is better than hearing The Marvelettes doing Locking Up My Heart abd Someday,someway? Ahhh to be 21 again like I was when I saw those great shows at the Uptown.

The Supremes Mary Wilson Jean Terrell and lynda Laurence,Live in Japan,I also have a copy of The Supremes ,Mary Wilson Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene, Farewell Show,Live 1977,someone put this show on cd,and the ladies sound great.
    Please stay positive