[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Susaye's Out; Lynda's In!

Hello Everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our loyal fans for supporting the Former Ladies of The Supremes for over 38 years!

As you know, during that time we have had a few line up changes. Today, we are announcing another line up change in our trio.

Susaye Greene, who joined us in 2017, is departing, and will be devoting her time to her entrepreneurial endeavors, digital media platforms and much more! I know they’ll be great because Susaye is multi-talented. I’m so excited and happy for her.

We thank Susaye for working with us, and for adding her touch to the group. We wish her well with her future projects.

My other “Supreme Sister,” Lynda Laurence, has graciously agreed to return to the group and along with Joyce Vincent and me, we will continue as The Former Ladies of The Supremes. Those of you who have been following the group know that Lynda was in this group from 1986 to 2017. Lynda and I have worked together for over 31 years, and we look forward to many more exciting years.

We want you all to know how much we appreciate your love and devotion. We know that you will continue to support us as we continue into 2024, and remember to always........“Keep The Music Playing!”

Love always,
    Scherrie Payne

all the best to Susaye and welcome back Lynda! it's wonderful seeing all of them doing so much. Lynda is a star and a real asset to the FLOs. Susaye is lovely and her material on FB is great. the digital content she develops, her art.

Saw that coming! Smart move on Scherrie’s part, Susaye was not it for the FLOS. Welcome back Lynda!! Looking forward to seeing this line up again on stage, wonder when they are performing next? This is great news for the FLOS!!

Susaye helped keep the FLOs legacy authentically alive, lol. But man, you can't beat Scherrie and Lynda. They're the entire package; look and sound SUPREME. I'm excited to see what they're up to next!

Welcome back Lynda and thanks Susaye for keeping the dream alive. However, a big thanks go out to Scherrie because her drive to keep the group going reminds me of someone else.

Too bad Jean can't return....that was the only group of FLO's I was 100% behind...and I did like Freddi Pooles singing...

We're so lucky to still have these ladies performing and in our lives. Grateful to all four of them for their contributions. I loved seeing SSJ and look forward to seeing SLJ when the opportunity arises.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    We're so lucky to still have these ladies performing and in our lives. Grateful to all four of them for their contributions. I loved seeing SSJ and look forward to seeing SLJ when the opportunity arises.
    I echo this. I'm so glad to see them keeping the [former] Supremes alive. I'm a die hard Susaye fan, but also think Lynda coming back is just fantastic. Maybe they can come to the East Coast to perform soon???

See, I'd heard from my cousin's best friend's baby sister that Susaye actually left the FLOS to open an antique shop...

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I echo this. I'm so glad to see them keeping the [former] Supremes alive. I'm a die hard Susaye fan, but also think Lynda coming back is just fantastic. Maybe they can come to the East Coast to perform soon???
    Not Necessary to add “former” to your post in quotes. The ladies are keeping the legacy alive of the Supremes, every performance is in honor of all the ladies who made this group iconic, you just sound like a bitchy old queen posting like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendaryfan28 View Post
    Not Necessary to add “former” to your post in quotes. The ladies are keeping the legacy alive of the Supremes, every performance is in honor of all the ladies who made this group iconic, you just sound like a bitchy old queen posting like that.
    Who are you? You've made a total of 10 posts on this forum and you're going to come on here and make a personal attack towards one of our valued, long-time members? That type of name calling isn't welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendaryfan28 View Post
    And your nasty name calling was offensive and rude and possibly homophobic and ageist and not welcome in this here forum.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Who are you? You've made a total of 10 posts on this forum and you're going to come on here and make a personal attack towards one of our valued, long-time members? That type of name calling isn't welcome here.
    I just was writing that when you must have been writing it as well Carlo. Thank yuou.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I just was writing that when you must have been writing it as well Carlo. Thank yuou.
    Thank you as well, Roberta

Carlo. Sorry you were offended. However due to the rules of the DRATS forum.... I no longer monitor senseless spats. The DRATS room was created to allow me to concern myself with more important forum matters. Let it go, Carlo. It is not worth your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Carlo. Sorry you were offended. However due to the rules of the DRATS forum.... I no longer monitor senseless spats. The DRATS room was created to allow me to concern myself with more important forum matters. Let it go, Carlo. It is not worth your attention.
    Hi Ralph,
    I've seen this a couple of times now. I'll report someone who has resorted to name calling and you've chosen to let it slide. This has been disappointing to me. Not wanting to monitor senseless spats is one thing, but allowing a member to be what I would define as disrespectful is another. If this is the case, maybe this forum is no longer worth my attention.

If this is the case, maybe this forum is no longer worth my attention.
    Carlo, this has been the case for years now. The DRATS forum is an anything goes forum. You're a valued member here, certainly in my book, as is Thanxal. Thankfully, name calling is a rarity around here. And as you pointed out, this person has ten posts and one of those is attacking someone who never attacks other posters. You stood up for Al, as did Roberta, and honestly we all should hit the "ignore" button and then we never have to deal with that nonsense from that person again. But don't let the lack of moderation in this sub-forum keep you from participating. I know you remember the days when this forum was a constant war of words. You stuck it out then. We rarely have these issues now, and now you're drawing line? Bruh...

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    See, I'd heard from my cousin's best friend's baby sister that Susaye actually left the FLOS to open an antique shop...
    Is your cousin's best friend Barbara Ross? One of her baby sisters used to use the "left to open an antique shop" line for another former Supreme.

Hey, Ralph, what happened to the "like" button? I enjoyed that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Carlo, this has been the case for years now. The DRATS forum is an anything goes forum. You're a valued member here, certainly in my book, as is Thanxal. Thankfully, name calling is a rarity around here. And as you pointed out, this person has ten posts and one of those is attacking someone who never attacks other posters. You stood up for Al, as did Roberta, and honestly we all should hit the "ignore" button and then we never have to deal with that nonsense from that person again. But don't let the lack of moderation in this sub-forum keep you from participating. I know you remember the days when this forum was a constant war of words. You stuck it out then. We rarely have these issues now, and now you're drawing line? Bruh...
    Sorry Ran, but we'll have to agree to disagree. Name calling, ok...that's one thing on its own. For Ralph come on here and publicly tell me to 'let it go', while the other one who's in the wrong is 'ok'...that's not how you treat your long-time members. It feels like I'm being treated like a little kid in school. Really? If you wonder why so many long-time members of the forum have disappeared...

There was a situation once before where someone used what I would define as being a homophobic slur. In that instance, it was a post outside of the DRATS forum. I reported it and was told, "I don't see the problem". I see the problem. I won't stand for that kind of tolerance.

Take care y'all.

Sorry Ran, but we'll have to agree to disagree. Name calling, ok...that's one thing on its own. For Ralph come on here and publicly tell me to 'let it go', while the other one who's in the wrong is 'ok'...that's not how you treat your long-time members. It feels like I'm being treated like a little kid in school. Really? If you wonder why so many long-time members of the forum have disappeared...

There was a situation once before where someone used what I would define as being a homophobic slur. In that instance, it was a post outside of the DRATS forum. I reported it and was told, "I don't see the problem". I see the problem. I won't stand for that kind of tolerance.

Take care y'all.
    Carlo,
    I completely understand what you are saying here. We are not talking the personal attacks of the past that caused DRATS to be formed. Any kind of slurs-misogynistic ,racist, homophobic, ageist should not be allowed no matter what.
    I will miss your informative and well balanced posts, my friend. I do hope that you reconsider. Thank you for always being a voice of reason, sanity and well balanced information.

Take care y'all.
    Hey everyone. I'm on the other side of the world and just saw this. First, thank you all for kinds words. It means a lot. The troll's comment is like water off a duck's back. I'm most offended by the fact that they left out the word "gassy".

This is a big problem of online communities. We have a good one so don't let a flash troll ruin it.

Carlo, I´m sorry you feel the way you do. Please understand what it was like for me, as moderator, to continually deal with the senseless bickering of Supremes/Diana Ross posts. That is why I formed DRATS with the understanding I would stay out of any stupid altercation. I was simply sick of all the childish behavior over singers. Carlo, please reconsider. You have been here too long to give it up. You are needed here. And Legendaryfan, I realize you are new here and happened to post in an ¨anything goes´ section, But I would appreciate it if you cool it, dude.

Carlo, I´m sorry you feel the way you do. Please understand what it was like for me, as moderator, to continually deal with the senseless bickering of Supremes/Diana Ross posts. That is why I formed DRATS with the understanding I would stay out of any stupid altercation. I was simply sick of all the childish behavior over singers. Carlo, please reconsider. You have been here too long to give it up. You are needed here. And Legendaryfan, I realize you are new here and happened to post in an ¨anything goes´ section, But I would appreciate it if you cool it, dude.
    Ralph, thank you for asking Carlo to reconsider and encouraging him to stay. Many posters here know Carlo since he was a pre-teen and we would miss him and his informative posts that are always well balanced.

I have seen other message boards where the moderator either abandoned the place or let anything go, or died. It created chaos. Every board needs a moderator to step in once in a while.

Yes, at one time the Supremes fans – or fanatics- did cause altercations [I don’t use the word “stupid”] and may have behaved not adultlike here. But let me say what is always left unsaid here by others. Those childish, bickering posts disappeared a few years ago along with the absence of one of our posters who tended to provoke which then caused him to be provoked. The timing may very well be a co incidence. No blame. Let others decide. R.I.P.

If you look at the posts in the ‘CHILD FORUM’, as Lowell labels this section in the first post, you will see that for the past couple of years, the posts are friendly, informative and entertaining. Nevertheless, it should not be an “anything goes” section. It should be moderated for the occasional inappropriate post. Legendary Fan did make an inappropriate post. He is not a new member. He has been here two years but only posted ten times. If you do not want to moderate the section, perhaps you could get a co-moderator for this section to prevent or stop one member from insulting another member as Legendary Fan did this week.

And while I am venting, let me say one more thing. I am as old as you and feel a little foolish that I am posting in the Diana Ross & the Supremes Section which Lowell has labeled the CHILD FORUM. Perhaps you can get Lowell to remove that label.

Love Soulful Detroit and hope to continue to enjoy and learn from the posters on this site, including Carlo.

Jim and Milven...thank you.

Ralph, I can understand and respect what it would be like for you as a moderator, with having to continually deal with childish behavior and bickering. My issue goes beyond that. I feel that many here are not realizing that calling someone a "bitchy old queen" in the insulting context that it was used in, is considered to be hateful and homophobic. It sounds like Roberta, Jim and even Wikipedia would agree with me on that. It's defined as a "pejorative" term despite our LGBTQ community having 'reclaimed' the term in more recent years.

A similar situation arose in the Motown Forum here on Soulful Detroit back in 2021, when "Rmick66" made a statement, "Please do take Rosie [O'Donnell], and also any other fruits, nuts and flakes that hate our country." I have included the link below.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/archive/i...p/t-27427.html

In the same manner, using the words 'fruits, nuts and flakes' are hateful and homophobic, and it was clear to me that this was that individual's intention, especially when it was used in the same sentence as Rosie O'Donnell. Based on the disapproving responses in that thread, it appears that myself, midnightman and sansradio had all reported that offending post to you, Ralph. I remember your response to me via email was, "I don't see the problem, Carlo". At that time, I let it slide, because I was not sure if you were unable to actually find the offending post, or if you simply did not find those hateful terms to be objectionable. However, now that this is the second case where I am seeing the same situation transpire once again, I felt that maybe you don't realize that these types of words are extremely problematic.

I try to understand what it is like for you Ralph, to have to dedicate so many years and much of your time to moderating senseless bickering. In the same way, I would like to try to convey what it is like for me as a gay member of this forum to have come across posts where homophobic language is being openly used by others, and without repercussion to those using them. Respectfully, I don't know if you were aware of the full extent/impact of these posts that I am taking issue with. I felt that I should take a stand and perhaps let this be a moment for everyone to not only be aware of the language they use, but also realize that I will not continue to participate in a forum where homophobia is given a pass.

This goes beyond childish bickering. It's about taking a stand against specific language that is being used on this forum, which has historically been used in hateful and discriminatory ways against the LGBTQ community. We wouldn't allow racist terminology to be used here, so why should these instances be treated any differently? Being liassez faire in such situations is a choice, and it a choice that I simply cannot agree with, regardless of what forum one is posting in, or whether a forum is being moderated or not.
    Last edited by carlo; 06-16-2024 at 04:13 PM.

Ralph, I can understand and respect what it would be like for you as a moderator, with having to continually deal with childish behavior and bickering. My issue goes beyond that. I feel that many here are not realizing that calling someone a "bitchy old queen" in the insulting context that it was used in, is considered to be hateful and homophobic. It sounds like Roberta, Jim and even Wikipedia would agree with me on that. It's defined as a "pejorative" term despite our LGBTQ community having 'reclaimed' the term in more recent years.

A similar situation arose in the Motown Forum here on Soulful Detroit back in 2021, when "Rmick66" made a statement, "Please do take Rosie [O'Donnell], and also any other fruits, nuts and flakes that hate our country." I have included the link below.

In the same manner, using the words 'fruits, nuts and flakes' are hateful and homophobic, and it was clear to me that this was that individual's intention, especially when it was used in the same sentence as Rosie O'Donnell. Based on the disapproving responses in that thread, it appears that myself, midnightman and sansradio had all reported that offending post to you, Ralph. I remember your response to me via email was, "I don't see the problem, Carlo". At that time, I let it slide, because I was not sure if you were unable to actually find the offending post, or if you simply did not find those hateful terms to be objectionable. However, now that this is the second case where I am seeing the same situation transpire once again, I felt that maybe you don't realize that these types of words are extremely problematic.

I try to understand what it is like for you Ralph, to have to dedicate so many years and much of your time to moderating senseless bickering. In the same way, I would like to try to convey what it is like for me as a gay member of this forum to have come across posts where homophobic language is being openly used by others, and without repercussion to those using them. Respectfully, I don't know if you were aware of the full extent/impact of these posts that I am taking issue with. I felt that I should take a stand and perhaps let this be a moment for everyone to not only be aware of the language they use, but also realize that I will not continue to participate in a forum where homophobia is given a pass.

This goes beyond childish bickering. It's about taking a stand against specific language that is being used on this forum, which has historically been used in hateful and discriminatory ways against the LGBTQ community. We wouldn't allow racist terminology to be used here, so why should these instances be treated any differently? Being liassez faire in such situations is a choice, and it a choice that I simply cannot agree with, regardless of what forum one is posting in, or whether a forum is being moderated or not.
    Hear hear Carlo. i applaud you for taking a stand against homophobia. Looks like Legendaryfan28 took the coward path and hasnt been back to apologize for that horrible and offensive comment. I now have them on ignore. Please consider stayying as your voice is important.

Thank you Carlo for making your voice heard. History dictates that those in the "minority" are all too often silenced. My apologies for not responding to this thread sooner; as an "elder" of the LGBTQA+ Community, it's important to me to show my support.

I think we're all fully aware that the DRATS Forum is "anything goes". I've taken that to mean anything and everything DRATS related is fair game. What I have NOT taken it to mean is that race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation are EVER up for compromise. "Bickering" is one thing. This is not. YOU should be validated, ESPECIALLY because you're such an esteemed and tenured member.

Carlo, I completely support your position. Just because I choose to ignore such remarks doesn't mean we should let them stand. I just don't want to see you go!

Welcome back Lynda!

Carlo, I also appreciate you taking a stand. But please consider that by leaving the boards over a couple of small minded people is giving them EXACTLY what they want. Stay!

Carlo, I would also encourage you to stay. You contribute so much. I have used the Ignore feature on a few people and it makes the boards much easier to read through. Surprisingly, not many people quote from the ones I have on Ignore so I never have to read their posts.

Carlo, don't you DARE leave us. You are too valuable to the community. Illegitimi non carborundum!

Thank you Mary Brewster, Roberta and all.

If the DRATS forum was meant to be "anything goes," that completely escaped my notice.

Calling someone a "bitchy queen" is nothing but hate speech.

Ralph's apathy doesn't surprise me, although as I recall he used to ban people who said things that were out of line to his standards, whatever those were. He also seemed to go out of his way to always defend Marv2; although I liked Marv, he certainly seemed to pride himself on being a provocateur.

The word that comes to mind is "inconsistent."

Kenneth, I would appreciate it if you would not mention my ¨apathy level¨. You haven´t a clue what I deal with on a daily level. As far as Marv,you are right, I did kind of take him under my wing. But. unless you were here for the Flame War which certain members took delight in blaming Marv for whatever came to mind, I went to bat for the guy. And like it or not, Marv had a ton of music facts in his brain. Furthermore, please clue me on whatever¨standards¨ were out of line with me. And while you´re at it please show me where I have been inconsistent?
    Last edited by ralpht; 06-17-2024 at 05:42 PM.

I hate confrontation, and usually try my best to avoid such controversies, but I feel that it's my responsibility to speak up regarding this disturbing situation, regardless of how popular or unpopular my opinion may be. Arguing with another fan about whose favorite Supreme is, or isn't, the best can, and should, be ignored by the Moderator -- especially in The Supremes' sub-thread where there's a constant, underlying cold war at play. But a personal attack by one forum member toward another member's sexual orientation is seriously disgusting and uncalled for -- equally as disgusting and uncalled for if the guilty party had made an insulting remark about a member's race. It's personal and highly offensive -- worthy of a written warning after which the old "Three strikes and you're out" should apply. In other words, Ralph, please nip this in the bud before it gets any worse.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 06-18-2024 at 03:08 AM.

Gary, Thank you for your concern and thoughtful post. Please understand that if I do step in here, I violate the terms of the DRATS Forum. I do apologize for missing the crude and unnecessary remarks. At times I am overloaded with reading posts that I am not that all interested in, so I tend to scan and read too quickly. And yes, I will admit that I find it curious that a girls group and a solo artist can foment such controversy. Furthermore, I find it unbelievable that there are posters on the thread that never listened to Sergeant Pepper, a ground breaking album that is considered a bellwether in music influencing many producers, including noted producers such as Norman Whitfield and where he would take the Temptations. So once again I apologize for missing What I should have caught. However, I must, once again remind EVERYONE why I created DRATS. I was simply tired of being a hall monitor, trying to make peace with an unruly crowd. Let me leave some of you with a tip: If you are going to listen and comment on music, listen to a lot of music. I find it unbelievable that some of you have never listened to Sergeant Pepper. Do yourself a favor and give it a listen. You just might see how excellent production influenced the music business, including mighty Motown. Give the Four Tops ¨Still Waters¨ album a listen to understand how Frank Wilson was influenced by that excellent piece of work. So once again I apologize for what I missed. I will try and read more carefully in the future.

Gary, Thank you for your concern and thoughtful post. Please understand that if I do step in here, I violate the terms of the DRATS Forum. I do apologize for missing the crude and unnecessary remarks. At times I am overloaded with reading posts that I am not that all interested in, so I tend to scan and read too quickly. And yes, I will admit that I find it curious that a girls group and a solo artist can foment such controversy. Furthermore, I find it unbelievable that there are posters on the thread that never listened to Sergeant Pepper, a ground breaking album that is considered a bellwether in music influencing many producers, including noted producers such as Norman Whitfield and where he would take the Temptations. So once again I apologize for missing What I should have caught. However, I must, once again remind EVERYONE why I created DRATS. I was simply tired of being a hall monitor, trying to make peace with an unruly crowd. Let me leave some of you with a tip: If you are going to listen and comment on music, listen to a lot of music. I find it unbelievable that some of you have never listened to Sergeant Pepper. Do yourself a favor and give it a listen. You just might see how excellent production influenced the music business, including mighty Motown. Give the Four Tops ¨Still Waters¨ album a listen to understand how Frank Wilson was influenced by that excellent piece of work. So once again I apologize for what I missed. I will try and read more carefully in the future.
    Having been a message board admin in the past, I feel for your situation Ralph. I'm hoping we can move this thread back to celebrating the fact that the Former Ladies of the Supremes are still producing great music.

Incidentally, I agree about listening to other types of great music and would submit that hot jazz from the 30s gets little love anymore. Artists such as Goodman, Holiday, Armstrong, Manone, Henderson, Fitzgerald, Webb and so many others I can't list them all.

This never ceases to amaze me either. I'm worried about how I will be able to pay all these insurances, get through another flood or violent hurricane, be able to afford groceries etc. I risk my life everyday with criminals walking the streets that can attack me at will, unprovoked in a Circle K and I no longer leave my house at night.

But yes, let's talk about how unfair Diana Ross was to Florence Ballard. Sixty years ago.

Distraction from what is real is the name of the game in this country.

There are plenty of folks on here with great information to share--some share it in a way that makes it a pleasure to read...others share it in a fashion that makes it challenging to want to continue to read their posts. However, then there are folks who lash out in the way that poster did to Carlo. Completely unnecessary. While I wish Ralph had responded to this poster's behavior more swiftly and in a way that supported the idea while that this sub-forum is not heavily moderated, it still won't tolerate that kind of needless hate-speech...I'm glad he did finally respond and told the offender to stop. I stand with Carlo on this one [yeah, I know no one was waiting with bated breath to hear that] as this forum can at time be a challenge to slog through to get to the gems of info and insight.

I want to also add that I agree with Ralph in my surprise that some folks have never listened to the Beatles' catalog--including SPLHCB. Heck, DMF made it very clear in their 1965 interview that they "love the Beatles." If the artists loved them AND the producers loved them [and a good deal of the world did at the time, too] there has to be something interesting to hear in their music and its' production. I have a sh!t-ton of Motown music in my collection... but I have plenty of pop, rock, soul, R&B, soundtracks, MOR... it's how you grow, IMO.

I still laugh at myself when I think of the days when I first discovered the Supremes in 1987. I only wanted to listen to 1961-1969. Who cares about them after Diana left? Then I eventually opened myself up to the Jean-era. OMG... what I'd been missing! But, who cares about that disco crap? FINALLY... I started listening to the 1974-1977 Supremes. AGAIN, what I'd been missing! You may think you don't like something, but sometimes you have to give it [another] try. You may surprise yourself.

Al, what I found amazing is, Once DRATS was created, everyone became polite and the problems stopped. This current problem is the first since the genesis of DRATS. By the way......thanks for having my back.

Milven, if you are looking in, you misunderstood the child reference to DRATS. It simply means DRATS came from a mother thread. no disrespect was intended. I know I can speak for Lowell on this matter.

Glad to see the dust settling.

Everyone is entitled to be as outraged as they see fit ....and I certainly don't understand nor defend the poster's choosing the said name calling or what prompted it in the first place in response to thanxal's post .

The nomenclature to me is in-house banter that has gone on for decades within the gay crowd [can't speak for the rest of the alphabet but wouldn't imagine it being popular, for instance, within the lesbian segment.] It's so commonly used that it doesn't strike me as an anti anything slur. It's just a jab. Trash talk. There are closet queens, drag queens, , drama queens, as witnessed here, and yes bitchy old queens. Queens everywhere of every type and having lived in the Castro in the 70's, I can attest to that! [should also mention leather queens fresh off Folsom St]
    Not endorsing it [and not a term I used then or now], but I'm suggesting that the poster perhaps wasn't trying to be as hard hitting as some here are taking it. Too bad they don't return and correct themselves or apologize for their needless insult. Since they don't, I wouldn't let them have that much power over you Carlo .....hopefully you get more value out of the site than they are able to take away with a single swipe .

Out of curiosity I searched youtube for " bitchy queen"and got plenty in results but got a kick out of this one :

you can jump to 2:45 to get to the bitchy part ... [my point being: sticks and stones... and maybe it helps lighten it up a little regarding the perceived seriousness ]

Carlo, I do understand your position in wanting a site where there's oversight regarding being accosted by personal attacks. If it were ongoing then maybe monitoring would need to be heightened ....this instance strikes me as a fluke. And we [me anyway] don't want to head toward a place that gets so heavy handed with the behavior police that no one gets to say anything without fear of retribution.

cheers to you Carlo, I enjoy your presence, if that counts .....

and cheers to you Ralph for doing us a great service in providing this bright spot to hang out at within the kind of world Bayou describes above.

Added: Perhaps Legendaryfan will read through this thread and decide while it [might] be OK to call each other tired ol' queens amongst friends in familiar settings, it's not an appropriate exchange on a shared forum and when darted at someone you don't know.

could happen.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 06-19-2024 at 02:36 AM.

Thank you, Boog.

Carlo....STAY...I've been attacked on another site...by a group....probably Dreamgirl "the movie" fans....I live in my own Universe...not theirs.

I, too, think Carlo should stay...and I can also understand that being moderator does at times create difficulties for Ralph.

Whenever I feel troubled and upset after someone's words have treated me in an unfair, ignorant or even outright offensive manner, I call wise words from the great Cicely Tyson to mind, and my spirits soon rise.....

"The moment anyone tries to demean or downgrade you in any way, you have to know how great you are.

Nobody would bother to beat you down if you were not a threat."

Works for me, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    I, too, think Carlo should stay...and I can also understand that being moderator does at times create difficulties for Ralph.

Whenever I feel troubled and upset after someone's words have treated me in an unfair, ignorant or even outright offensive manner, I call wise words from the great Cicely Tyson to mind, and my spirits soon rise.....

"The moment anyone tries to demean or downgrade you in any way, you have to know how great you are.

Nobody would bother to beat you down if you were not a threat."

Works for me, every time.
    What great words of inspiration. I have written them down and will remember them always.

I missed all of this - and it’s lot to read.

It’s not worth going Carlo - it’s not worth any of our regulars leaving over crap posted by a drop in instigator.

I think I’ve seen an undercurrent of unhappiness from some involved in the FLOS and it might go back as far as their differences with Mary Wilson. Whereas the members can get over it, some overwrought fans can’t.

To them I would say that instead of targeting us, go play soccer with a grandchild and adopt one if you need to. [[one kicked me in the calf recently and believe me, it’ll hurt for a week and you won’t be so concerned about the FLOs or your other complaints).

I am not sure what happen and I don't feel the need to go back and read all of it. Hope Carlo stays.
    However, I am sorry to see Susaye leave but glad to see that Lynda is back. I was never sure why Lynda left anyway.

I don't think we were ever given a specific reason for Linda Lawrence’s departure from FLOS. Usually, when a member leaves a group, it is because they want to spend more time with their family, artistic differences, personal commitments or other career opportunities.

But Lynda just left. Maybe she just wanted to do nothing. And when she was done doing nothing and had the opportunity to come back, she came back.

Welcome Back

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I don't think we were ever given a specific reason for Linda Lawrence’s departure from FLOS. Usually, when a member leaves a group, it is because they want to spend more time with their family, artistic differences, personal commitments or other career opportunities.

But Lynda just left. Maybe she just wanted to do nothing. And when she was done doing nothing and had the opportunity to come back, she came back.

Welcome Back
    LOL ok I like that and I am okay with it.