[REMOVE ADS]

Sly Stone Documentary is Being Finalized: Questlove

Info from BestClassicBands.com:

Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson has offered a brief update on his as-yet-untitled documentary focusing on the leader of Sly and the Family Stone. In a June 13, 2024, interview on MSNBC’s Morning Joe to promote his new book, Hip Hop is History, Thompson, the drummer of the Roots, and the film’s director said he was about to be finish it. “When I’m done [with this interview]… I’m gonna actually finalize it. Today’s the last day… two years of working on [it].” The film has been acquired by Hulu, though a premiere date has not been announced. [Questlove’s new book is available here.] In the film’s original announcement, back in 2021, Questlove said in a statement: “It goes beyond saying that Sly’s creative legacy is in my DNA….it’s a black musician’s blueprint….to be given the honor to explore his history and legacy is beyond a dream for me.”

To continue reading the story by Best Classic Bands, click here.

[Moderator note: The original post here has been abbreviated, with a link added leading to the full article, upon request of the site where it is published. It is good 'netiquette' to please be sure to always link quotes to their sites both to give them credit and visits.]

Im sure the brother is a good guy and talented, but in all honesty I have a problem with a guy who names himself Questlove

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Im sure the brother is a good guy and talented, but in all honesty I have a problem with a guy who names himself Questlove
    I have no problem with his name. It sure won't stop me from seeing his Sly documentary. His SUMMER OF SOUL documentary was very good.

Sly Stone released some incredibly fantastic music. I am glad the Questlove is throwing some light and love in his direction. Sly needs to be acknowledged.