[REMOVE ADS]

Diana ross in Detroit Concert to be telecast, producedced by Eminem

Thanks for the heads up Mindful. I'll have to tune in.

today's the day. what are the odds that Diana would do a drop in at the museum???

Even secretly, after hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    today's the day. what are the odds that Diana would do a drop in at the museum???

Even secretly, after hours...
    Or maybe do a drive-thru of the Brewster Projects?

This show is live tonight and it will be streamed on peacock, also on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLDV1OLgmQw

On Sunday in the USA it will be broadcast at 7pm EST as a one hour prime time special. I guess it would be better to catch the full show tonight, or wait for it to get posted online.

For those that will catch the live stream, tune in early. According to Diana’s background singer. She will be performing first.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Or maybe do a drive-thru of the Brewster Projects?
    The Brewster Projects were demolished in 2012 I think.

She was stunning, as always. She just keeps going from strength to strength. 80 NEVER looked so great!

Diana looked beautiful tonight!

Lovely performance. She and the audience seemed to be having a great time.

She is performing at the VIP party also.

It was a great show all around. Not one dull moment. Other highlights were Em himself, Common with Slum Village, Jack White, The Clark Sisters, and can we all agree that Fantasia has fully entered the baby-Tina-Turner phase of her career? She chewed up that Bob Seger song and spit it out!
    Last edited by sansradio; 06-07-2024 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    It was a great show all around. Not one dull moment. Other highlights were Em himself, Common with Slum Village, Jack White, The Clark Sisters, and can we all agree that Fantasia has fully entered the baby-Tina-Turner phase of her career? She chewed up that Bob Seger song and spit it out!
    Tasia never disappoints. Never.

I was there, albeit towards the back, but it was fun! The person at the mixing board was doing some interesting stuff - when she performed "Ain't No Mountain..." it sounded like a deep house remix version. I thought it was odd that she went on first though given that all of the promotion I had seen put her at the top of the bill.
    Name:  drmc.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  11.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by nsoule View Post
    I thought it was odd that she went on first though given that all of the promotion I had seen put her at the top of the bill.
    In this case there is a difference between “opening the show” and being an opening act. They used the Queen of Motown to open the show. Then she performed at the private party after the event.

I was there, albeit towards the back, but it was fun! The person at the mixing board was doing some interesting stuff - when she performed "Ain't No Mountain..." it sounded like a deep house remix version. I thought it was odd that she went on first though given that all of the promotion I had seen put her at the top of the bill.
    Nice! Diana Ross looks great and she really pops in all that orange red ! good choice

Was it windy ?? Diana looked to be lifted off the stage ...

And how much was it to attend? I thought it was free, but then I read it was sold out ....

also....what goes on /went on in that big building? Are they apartments??
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 06-07-2024 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    In this case there is a difference between “opening the show” and being an opening act. They used the Queen of Motown to open the show. Then she performed at the private party after the event.
    True, and that's how most Detroiters that were there seem to feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Nice! Diana Ross looks great and she really pops in all that orange red ! good choice

Was it windy ?? Diana looked to be lifted off the stage ...

And how much was it to attend? I thought it was free, but then I read it was sold out ....

also....what goes on /went on in that big building? Are they apartments??
    It was pretty windy. It was a free event, but you had to register in advance for tickets. They opened registration early for four or five of the surrounding neighborhoods, which is how I got tickets, and then the general registration "sold out" in minutes and actually crashed the site - it is/was a big deal for Detroiters to the see the train station saved and rehabbed. Michigan Central is supposed to serve as a tech and innovation hub for Detroit with primarily office space, but also restaurants and retail on the ground level and maybe a hotel at the top.

Someone mentioned Brewster Projects earlier, I was thinking she would go and see her sister Rita on Buena Vista perhaps.

It was pretty windy. It was a free event, but you had to register in advance for tickets. They opened registration early for four or five of the surrounding neighborhoods, which is how I got tickets, and then the general registration "sold out" in minutes and actually crashed the site - it is/was a big deal for Detroiters to the see the train station saved and rehabbed. Michigan Central is supposed to serve as a tech and innovation hub for Detroit with primarily office space, but also restaurants and retail on the ground level and maybe a hotel at the top.
    Thanks for the details on the restored Central Station. I have made a few trips to Detroit, with the last one now being a decade ago. I'd see the building when I would cross the border from Canada into the US, and it was so sad to see it looking so decrepit and spooky. Having watched the concert on Thursday via live stream, it was heartwarming to see the incredible transformation that Central Station has undergone. I can only imagine how you and your fellow locals feel about it. Absolutely amazing. Ms Ross was really the perfect opener for that show and she delivered a stellar performance. She looked fabulous too. I hope to go see the transformed Central Station in person, sometime soon.
    Last edited by carlo; 06-08-2024 at 10:23 AM.

I'm actually planning to go to Detroit later this year. I'll have to check this landmark out in addition to the Motown museum and Buena Vista Street.

Does anyone know what songs Diana sang? I saw snippets of I'm Coming Out and Upside Down.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I'm actually planning to go to Detroit later this year. I'll have to check this landmark out in addition to the Motown museum and Buena Vista Street.

Does anyone know what songs Diana sang? I saw snippets of I'm Coming Out and Upside Down.
    It was those two along with “Thank You “ and “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.”

When she addressed the audience did she make any reference to the purpose of the concert? Or other than saying great to be home she fell back on her current show stage patter?

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    When she addressed the audience did she make any reference to the purpose of the concert? Or other than saying great to be home she fell back on her current show stage patter?
    She did not. I was expecting she might but maybe her allotted time being so short had something to do with it. There were myriad other actual speakers , that may also be why.