[REMOVE ADS]

"100 Soul Classics" update

Attachment 3260Well, I'm finally home from Japan and I opened and ripped the "100 Soul Classics" 4CD box set that I purchased in Japan. About 35 of the 100 tracks are classic Motown; you've got Smokey, Diana, the Tempts, the Four Tops, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson / Jackson 5, Marvelettes, Marvin Gaye, the Isley Brothers, Mary Wells, Martha and the Vandellas, Brenda Holloway, etc. rounded out with dozens of awesome Southern soul tracks by primarily Stax artists [[Otis Redding, Eddie Floyd, Johnnie Taylor, Mel and Tim) and some funk courtesy of the Godfather of Soul himself. I like the fact that some of my favorite Motown songs are on here [[Heaven Must Have Sent You, This Old Heart of Mine, Every Little Bit Hurts) that don't usually get included on US Motown compilations.

Sure, I already HAD all these tracks other places, but it's a great summer mix to hear classic Motown rubbing shoulders with other great soul hits from the '60s. Plus, this is licensed by Universal, so the sound quality is impeccable. It's made in Holland, and there isn't much in the way of liner notes, but it's a great little set nonetheless. It's available from Amazon.com for around $36 US.

Welcome home, VCQ. I think this set was probably advertised on television in Europe. It was put out by Universal, which explains the predominance of tracks that Universal owns. Universal did also license material from other companies like Sony [[the Philly soul on the set) and Stax for this box. The Stax material appears to be from the masters that belong to Fantasy [[now Concord Music Group). It does not appear that anything was licensed from WEA [[Warner/Elektra/Atlantic), which means that the Otis Redding tracks are alternate takes and not the originals owned by Atlantic. That being said, it looks like a great set. Enjoy!

"Back from Japan"!!!!! God Bless you , I would be dizzy and broke . Enjoy!!!!

enjoy !