[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Mike....thank you so much for your support. Some bad news...for me anyway...all of my 459 remixes have been taken down from youtube. You will be able to hear some of those [[and some new ones) on "Nightflight" on Tuesday, and I am looking around for a new site to upload the remixes to.
    Johnny!
    Your remixes are the best! I loved them. This is criminal. Stupid people should be happy that you're giving new life to their old songs that would have been forgotten. I've been a fan of you and your show for so long now. I hope to meet one of these days.
    Jeff Krassner

Midnight Johnny have you checked out the new British Copyright Law?
    It let's you put up mash-ups, and different mixes on YouTube.
    Check it out for full details

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    John

Soul Appeal, shoe Leather Expressway .......but you need to put back Dancing in the Street cos this is what this thread is about!! Then I will edit my post above and put the new link.

John...."Soul Appeal" just added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XNR-6HPh4w

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Diamond View Post
    Superb . . . Appreciated

Alan
    Alan....thanks so much...glad you like it!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Midnight Johnny

I love your "I can't help myself" remix, especially once it gets past the first 1.50 mins ...!

For some unknown reason that I can't quite explain, the mono Funk Brothers version with Earl Van Dyke's added piano, while sounding great, also sounds discordant to my ears. Almost as if it's off pitch with the band track and the strings.

Something tells me it's slightly different with the stereo version, but it's a while since I heard it.

Anyone here able to tell me which CD[[s) feature[[s) the stereo version, please?
    WestGrand...thanks! I know what you mean about the mono Funk Brothers version. I chose the Marginal mono version [[horrors!) over the Millenneum collection mono version specifically...can't remember why at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9nyc View Post
    Johnny!
    Your remixes are the best! I loved them. This is criminal. Stupid people should be happy that you're giving new life to their old songs that would have been forgotten. I've been a fan of you and your show for so long now. I hope to meet one of these days.
    Jeff Krassner
    Jeff....thanks...I truly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Diamond View Post
    Midnight Johnny have you checked out the new British Copyright Law?
    It let's you put up mash-ups, and different mixes on YouTube.
    Check it out for full details
    Alan...thanks! Where can this information be found?

John

John

Soul Appeal, shoe Leather Expressway .......but you need to put back Dancing in the Street cos this is what this thread is about!! Then I will edit my post above and put the new link.

John....just put up "Dancing In The Street"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jFIp24Mrk8

midnight johnny

Looks like it's gone already.......sigh....

Alan...thanks! Where can this information be found?

John
    It was on both Sky News & BBC News 24 over the weekend, don't know where to go to find the details thou, but they said that the copyright laws have been changed to let people put up Mash-up's and their mixes of records on sites such as YouTube. they also said something has changed in the file sharing department; letting people share a certain amount of files, but again you'll have to check up on the detail, to know exactly the letter of the new law, but it looks good for people like us, that just love the music, and go out and buy the new CD's, and want to play around with the sound. Bootlegging is still illegal as it should be thou.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    midnight johnny

Looks like it's gone already.......sigh....
    WestGrand....nothing is gone....what are you saying is gone?

WestGrand....I just checked...the video isn't gone...it is blocked in many. many, MANY countries because it is owned or leased by 4 entities.

This is what my notice said....

"
    • Entity: EMI Publishing, UMG, INgrooves, and INgrooves Content Type: Sound Recording
    As a result, your video is blocked in these locations:

Afghanistan, Aland Islands, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos [[Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo - Democratic Republic of, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands [[Islas Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Holy See [[Vatican City State), Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia - Federated States of, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

What should I do?

No action is required on your part. Your video is still available everywhere not listed above. In some cases ads may appear next to your video. "

but no complaints...just blockage.

I am totally confused....so why isn't is also happening to Soul Appeal or I Cant Help Myself?

John....try googling "Ingroove". It's interesting to see what collaborations the UME is making.

Here you'll find the next....the finer version of "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPrZRmZSzB0

So John, are you back on YouTube??

P.S. I've noticed that you aren't allowed to download the video as you have been able to do in the past.

I still seem to be able to download stuff...am I not supposed to!

With my home town literally under fire, this latest remix of Johnny's is hittign a spot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5_Ji...re=uploademail

Whereas once upon a time, London was foggy from chimney's, now it's something far more more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    P.S. I've noticed that you aren't allowed to download the video as you have been able to do in the past.
    Mike...Hey! I don't know about downloading those clips...but...YEAH! I'm back ...for a while anyway...

I still seem to be able to download stuff...am I not supposed to!

With my home town literally under fire, this latest remix of Johnny's is hittign a spot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5_Ji...re=uploademail

Whereas once upon a time, London was foggy from chimney's, now it's something far more more serious.
    John....the rioting is very disturbing...I hope you and your loved one's are safe. ANd...I never knew that....that the fog was from the chimney's...always thought it was the climate and geography. Thanks!

And that remix and video of Petula's...it truly is a valentine to London from me....

Ramone Verona Guest
    Didn't you ever watch "Mary Poppins"?
    THAT'S the real London!
    They like to fly kites there, too.
    Last time I visited, I drew chalk art on the walk.
    The Queen was about to appear so I didn't have time to try and jump into the art.

Mike...Hey! I don't know about downloading those clips...but...YEAH! I'm back ...for a while anyway...
    I'm able to download the vids again. Must have been a temporary glitch. Glad you're back. What name are the latest vids under?

Mike...just click on any of the links to youtube above and it will reveal the name....

Quote Originally Posted by Ramone Verona View Post
    Didn't you ever watch "Mary Poppins"?
    The Queen was about to appear so I didn't have time to try and jump into the art.
    Ramone
    Did you curtsey or bow!!!

Ramone Verona Guest
    Ramone
    Did you curtsey or bow!!!
    I quaffed a few lagers and then went on a jolly 'oliday with some guy named "Bear't"......pronounced "Burt" here in da states!
    Darned wasted youth!

Ramone

It's not etiquette to wolf down a few lagers in front of her majesty! We drink tea from cups on saucers and raise our pinky to show good breeding.

*smile*

Like a mug I bought TML-11200, and have never heard the stereo mix :-[[

Stone Diamond

I have to say that some of the tracks on the stereo albums in that series were 'electronically reprocessed'...and sounded just horrid. As though they were being played from the end of a very long tunnel.

I still have the original vinyl album, and a working turntable [[at least, it WAS working last time I tried it..!)

I'll have to give it another listen. The difference is not huge but, on reflection, I think EVD could well be playing piano chords on the mono version which include two consecutive notes on the keyboard, giving that jazz, if discordant effect. It could even be overdubbing the version that was available in stereo.

It seems as though all the versions on CD over recent years have been the mono version. While I've not bought it,I naturally have to assume the Complete Motown Singles would indeed be mono.

Were these 'Non-stop Classics' albums never released on CD? If so, I wonder which version of EVD 'I Can't Help Myself' was used....

And if I knew how to relatively easily transfer sound from a vinyl album, and mail it to you in an attachment, I certainly would....!

I've ripped the mono album, and put it into the Sony Sound Forge, and cut the track into a new window.
    Then given it left & right channels, on the left I've muted all the sound up from 640hz, and on the right I've muted all the sound down from 450 hz. It gives a stereo feel, but as bass is umidirectional, it's a tad one sided, so I'm experimenting moving the Hz alone to the right till I get a feel for left -centre-right. 900hz seems better if I have the next channel at 4.7db. It ain't perfect, but that does give a stereo feel; but I'd prefer the original stereo album, so I'm hunting on ebay, and Discog's to buy a copy.

Ramone Verona Guest
    Ramone

It's not etiquette to wolf down a few lagers in front of her majesty! We drink tea from cups on saucers and raise our pinky to show good breeding.

*smile*
    I'm sorry; I always understood that "good breeding" meant being kind and making it past 5 minutes.

RAMONE!

*Sigh*

I guess it's in the right direction even if there is still a long way to go.....!!

:-)

Someone better make a no doubt very short list of countries where these fab remixes CAN be heard!
    Glad Soul Appeal is back, alas no Dancing - for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    Someone better make a no doubt very short list of countries where these fab remixes CAN be heard!
    Glad Soul Appeal is back, alas no Dancing - for the time being.
    Robbert....thank you so much!
    John

Hey Midnight Johnny please check your inbox. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Hey Midnight Johnny please check your inbox. Thanks
    hahahaha...Rod I just did...thanks! I would ask your question here...maybe someone has some idea.