[REMOVE ADS]

Have you checked DON'T FORGET THE MOTOR CITY recently...

...you'll be pleasantly surprised...!

http://www.dftmc.info/home.html

Yes and I like the artist listing where you click on the title and it takes you to the song.
    It just gets better and better.

Jean Terrell..."Up The Ladder To The Roof!" One song listed?

This is up to the end of 1972, remember.

M

RossHolloway Guest
    What a great addition!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9nyc View Post
    Jean Terrell..."Up The Ladder To The Roof!" One song listed?
    Try looking under the Supremes!

Thanks so much, Grape!!
    John

i usually make at least one visit a day,and the improvements were worth all the hard work put in by keith hughs and richie hardin,thanks and well done.

Excellent! Love the new cross-referencing via the Artists. A Big thanks to Keith and Richie.

One thing I did notice was the "The Complete Motown Singles Volume 12", where shown is listed as unreleased and not scheduled. Does Keith know something that we don't! I hope that the problems, whatever they are get sorted and this set sees the light of day.

Great work, Keith and Richie. It's nice to see the acetates reinstated.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Try looking under the Supremes!
    I did and the songs were listed there. But when you go to Jean Terrell, there is one song listed, "Up The Ladder To The Roof!" Doesn't make sense. Why just that one?

I think that Jean recorded a solo version before the one with the Supremes.

I too am pleased with the updated DFTMC, They finally listed the tracks intended for The Fantastic Four's unreleased album plus it appears that there's an unreleased version of Tammi Terrell's "Tears at the end of a love affair" with Marvin Gaye!

jboy88

The Fantastic Four's album tracks has been discussed on this site many times and track details are here in the archives. There is even a scan of the information contained on the label. The archives are full of information, a lot of which you will not find in DFTMC or any other publication.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I think that Jean recorded a solo version before the one with the Supremes.
    According to Jean, she never recorded for solo release. She was signed to the label to be a Supremes. She said that her contract said Jean Terrell because Mary and Cindy were already signed.

I meant for a demo not for solo release. As you will note it's an acetate that's been found.

Indispensable.

This site is an amazing technical accomplishment! Besides being "fun" for fans, it is, in fact, a significant component of the Motown legacy. Keith and Richie should be the recipients of many, many thanks ... and appreciation from the entire Motown family!

Excellent site, excellent improvements! The artists section is fantastic as is, of course, the song section that's been there in the previous editions of the site. Thanks Keith and Ritchie for all the hard work you've put down in this project!

Thanks to all for your kind words. It's been a struggle, especially for Ritchie who experienced many PC and internet problems while the site was under construction. Special thanks must go to Harry Weinger and Universal Music for allowing us unrestricted access to the surviving paperwork from the era, making our site the nearest thing to an official Motown discography that there's ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    This site is an amazing technical accomplishment! Besides being "fun" for fans, it is, in fact, a significant component of the Motown legacy. Keith and Richie should be the recipients of many, many thanks ... and appreciation from the entire Motown family!
    A big "Nicely Done" and I couldn't have said it better.

I just found it tonight & almost fell out! Great job by Keith & Richie AGAIN!