[REMOVE ADS]

Little Richard PBS Special

Did anyone see the special on Little Richard on PBS American Masters on June 2nd? I missed it but I see I can watch it "On Demand" on my cable by going to Networks PBS American Masters. I hope to have time to watch it in the next few days.

Oh Wow, thanks for reminding me. I forgot also. Just checked, it is at PBS American Masters.

I watched it last Friday. It was pretty good but I enjoyed the recent film about him much more: LITTLE RICHARD: I AM EVERYTHING.

I'll keep that in mind, Reese. The more the better, for me.

I did see the PBS film; I thought it good but not great, and definitely worth a watch anyway. I do look forward to seeing 'I Am Everything'. A problematic soul but an historic figure.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    Did anyone see the special on Little Richard on PBS American Masters on June 2nd? I missed it but I see I can watch it "On Demand" on my cable by going to Networks PBS American Masters. I hope to have time to watch it in the next few days.
    I caught the PBS special on Little Richard last week. It was a good overview of his career and I'm sure you'll enjoy the show when you can a chance to see it.

Well, I just watched the Little Richard special on PBS American Masters. I thought it shoulda & coulda been alot better. But its better then most stuff on TV.

Nina and I watched both programs and enjoyed them. We agreed that I Am Everything was the better of the two.

We rented the movie from Amazon Prime for $6.99. A true bargain on a rainy, gloomy day. The movie was very informative about the record business of the time. Left us feeling a bit sad.

Where do you watch I AM EVERYTHING?Only on Amazon?

According to Rotten Tomatoes --

WHERE TO WATCH Little Richard, I Am Everything

In-theaters

VUDU rent/buy

Amazon Prime Video US rent/buy

Itunes rent/buy

Thanks, I had no idea it was at theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    Thanks, I had no idea it was at theaters.
    I saw it in a theater but it was a very limited release in my city. I think it might have only played for one weekend. As a result, the showing I attended was packed.
    Last edited by reese; 06-12-2023 at 02:13 PM.

Bump: LITTLE RICHARD: I AM EVERYTHING airs on Labor Day on CNN @ 9 PM ET/PT. You’re welcome.

Thanks for the info sansradio.I will be sure to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Bump: LITTLE RICHARD: I AM EVERYTHING airs on Labor Day on CNN @ 9 PM ET/PT. You’re welcome.
    Thanks for the reminder, Sansradio!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Thanks for sharing the news about I Am Everything. I'll Be Watching!

Remember everyone, its tonite. I'm looking forward to it!

I do not have it on CNN at 9pm. It's something else: I have a special with Anderson Cooper on abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    I do not have it on CNN at 9pm. It's something else: I have a special with Anderson Cooper on abortion.
    Its on at 9pm EST.

I still do not have it on CNN. I looked. I am on EST. Whatever is on at 9pm on CNN I recorded it anyway.
    Last edited by moe; 09-04-2023 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    I still do not have it on CNN. I looked. I am on EST. Whatever is on at 9pm on CNN I recorded it anyway.
    It is good that you recorded CNN at 9pm Eastern Time. It is on

Little Richard: I Am Everything Little Richard: I Am Everything
    25 CNNHDCCHDPremiereHD 1080i
    9:00PM-11:00PM REC

Throughout his life, Little Richard careened between religion, sex and rock 'n' roll. A treasure trove of archival material brings to life a revolutionary figure, one who reinvented popular music as the ultimate form of self-expression.

Yes, I just checked......I got it!

These TV schedules make me shake my head. The schedule said "Roe v. Wade" & it turned out to be Little Richard. SMH......

I watched I AM EVERYTHING last night.I thought it was good.

We rented it tonight and I enjoyed it. I only wished that it had gotten a little more into his career and his musical genius. I felt like the academics got a little too much screen time. It would have been good to have heard a bit more from those who had collaborated with him and knew him personally. His story is so interesting and I learned a lot. I loved learning about and hearing from his friend, Sir Lady Java. I didn't realize he had flipped back and forth so many times over the years, between being Little Richard and then reverting back to an Evangelical, who had distanced himself from Rock N' Roll. I knew he had done that in the 60's and then at the end of his life, but I didn't realize the full extent of how often it happened. It made me sad that he felt like he couldn't always be himself. That's the problem with being a pioneer. He walked an unchartered road and carried some heavy burdens, due to the external pressures and abuse he had to consistently endure. God Bless Little Richard. I have even more respect for him, after watching this doc.
    Last edited by carlo; 09-05-2023 at 11:05 PM.