[REMOVE ADS]

Poor Tracee Had It Rough in Hollywood........

.......she never got invited to be on any late night talk shows :[[ -:[[-:[[-:[[-:[[

https://defendernetwork.com/black-wo...n-girlfriends/

:[[-:[[-:[[:[[-:[[-:[[:[[

I understand what she's saying and she's not the only or first black actress to voice the same concerns and issues in Hollywood. But how old is that article? Isn't Tracee like 50 now?

its from a few months ago ..... maybe experiencing some PTSD from the ordeal???

And then black-ish came and the world opened up as it should have?

hee haw , that's right ! .....

Last edited by Boogiedown; 06-01-2023 at 11:47 PM.

I actually remember Tracee Ellis Ross being on "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert." Not that long after longtime latenight talk show host Conan O'Brien was a guest on Colbert's show and said something about the "grind" of interviewing Tracee Ellis Ross for the 10th time. I don't think it was a particular slam against Tracee but just more about the job and trying to keep things fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by zani57 View Post
    I actually remember Tracee Ellis Ross being on "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert." Not that long after longtime latenight talk show host Conan O'Brien was a guest on Colbert's show and said something about the "grind" of interviewing Tracee Ellis Ross for the 10th time. I don't think it was a particular slam against Tracee but just more about the job and trying to keep things fresh.
    That was after Blackish premiered. Prior to that, she's right, Hollywood at large wasn't checking for her, or her Girlfriends castmates. Which of course is no surprise. Girlfriends, Living Single, Martin, these were shows that were wildly popular in Black households, but because they weren't equally as favored in some "others", they were considered B list, C list, shows, and so were their casts. But Black stars have always had to be recognized by White people in order to get "validation" from the rest of Hollywood. The mere fact that the casts of Martin and Living Single never received Emmy noms- let alone wins- for their acting...I watched a lot of TV in the 90s. Lots of great stuff was on with great actors and actresses. The Martin and Living Single casts were as good as anybody, but if it wasn't for the NAACP Image Awards, they would barely be awarded. [[Martin did win People's Choice Award for best show. Living Single received an Emmy nom for best lighting. Best lighting.) No Emmy nom for Ericka Alexander's portrayal of Maxine Shaw is particularly egregious, IMO.