[REMOVE ADS]

What is going on with the FLOs?

I haven't seen too much about the FLOs lately. I did find it strange that when honored recently that Lynda Laurence who retired performed in place of Susaye Greene. Has Susaye opted out of the FLOs? Susaye was present but didn't perform. Just wondering if there will be another grouping or not.

They all post on Facebook as usual; I thought I might have read that the Lynda performance was a one off fill in - but I’m not sure

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    They all post on Facebook as usual; I thought I might have read that the Lynda performance was a one off fill in - but I’m not sure
    I read their Facebook posts. I know Lynda has filled in for Joyce but I wondered why she filled in for Susaye at Scherrie's daughter giving them an award. I thought I read Susaye was in the audience and accepted her award. She didn't perform with the group. Wasn't sure if she was feeling unwell or if she decided to take a leave.

This is what Lynda wrote
    From the desk of Lynda Laurence:

To Shoshanna Payne Philips, La Voix Studio & The Music De Maison Foundation:

I wish to thank everyone who was an integral part of this truly stellar award ceremony and gala. It was so well done. The grace and elegance that ensued the evening was in my estimation tantamount to any other awards gala I have ever attended.

It was plain to see that La Voix Studio cares for their students. The children were so excited to perform, and perform they did! It was delightful to see them eager to show what they have
    been trained by La Voix to do. It was a joy to watch this next generation of students who will become performers in their own right. Kudos! to LaVoix Studio & The Music De Maison Foundation.

Watching the video montage of The Supremes brought back such good memories, especially that of Scherrie Payne and I on tour with Diana Ross in 2000. That was a special time for me. The Supremes are, and will always be, a huge part of my musical journey, and for that I am grateful.

You know a company has been a force in the music industry when the music is still playing, and vinyl records are making a comeback! Motown music will never die! Thank you to the company that made it all happen.

It goes without saying that having my darling grandchildren present me with this beautiful award was a highlight of the evening for me. That is something I will never forget! Thank You for giving me that precious memory.

I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of my friends that supported that evening. It was heart warming to see them, and of course….The Fans! The people who have kept this group feeling motivated to continue. The fans of The Supremes are AMAZING! We Love you all!

I must say that reuniting with Scherrie Payne and Joyce Vincent on stage was like going home! It was rewarding and just plain FUN! We love to work together, and we enjoy each other so much.

The Gala was just that…A Gala Event that I will not soon forget…

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
    KEEP THE MUSIC PLAYING

Love Always
    Lynda Laurence

According to a Facebook post, Scherrie's daughter requested that Scherrie, Lynda, Joyce perform. I didn't take that as a slight to Susaye, more that Scherrie and Lynda had performed together for decades and she wanted to see them together one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    According to a Facebook post, Scherrie's daughter requested that Scherrie, Lynda, Joyce perform. I didn't take that as a slight to Susaye, more that Scherrie and Lynda had performed together for decades and she wanted to see them together one more time.
    I didn't see that post. I wasn't thinking that anything was done to slight Susaye. I was just wondering since Lynda seems to be filling in for Joyce and Susaye, if she was returning. It doesn't seem too much was happening for the FLOs lately and I was just thinking that maybe Susaye no longer desired to be in the group since she does so much with her painting, songwriting and Goodwill treaty. I only wondered since at a recent Freda Payne show, Scherrie, Lynda and Joyce were there but not Susaye. I was just wondering if perhaps she was contemplating on hanging it up.

I think the last "official" FLOS concert was in February at Catalina Jazz Club where Scherrie, Susaye, and Joyce performed together. They also have a couple of bookings coming up in the fall, so we'll see which grouping fulfills those dates. I haven't seen anything to indicate that Susaye is going anywhere.

why not have all 4 ladies perform together? think that would have been nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCc-tp5rVYc

Scherrie Payne & Lynda Laurence, Former Ladies of The Supremes, with Joyce Vincent on-stage at The Gindi Theatre in Bel Air, CA. The Ladies performed at the La Voix Studio and Music de Maison Foundation's 10th annual gala on Sunday, April 23rd 2023. Lynda Laurence rejoined her former singing partners Scherrie Payne & Joyce Vincent for this "one night only" reunion at the request of Scherrie's daughter Shoshana Payne Phillips, founder of La Voix Studio.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCc-tp5rVYc

Scherrie Payne & Lynda Laurence, Former Ladies of The Supremes, with Joyce Vincent on-stage at The Gindi Theatre in Bel Air, CA. The Ladies performed at the La Voix Studio and Music de Maison Foundation's 10th annual gala on Sunday, April 23rd 2023. Lynda Laurence rejoined her former singing partners Scherrie Payne & Joyce Vincent for this "one night only" reunion at the request of Scherrie's daughter Shoshana Payne Phillips, founder of La Voix Studio.
    So Scherries daughter honored her Mother. Thats a real sweet thing to do.