[REMOVE ADS]

Diana was calling out for Tina Turner!

Yesterday, my mind flashed back to hearing Diana's reference to Tina during the DRATS farewell performance. This was during that long "Let the Sunshine" spot where folk in the audience chimed in.

Here's a little of what was said, "Somebody told me Tina Turner is out here!...Where is she? Oh, my God, where is she?...Where's Tina? I don't see her...If she was here, I wouldn't give her the microphone anyway because she's tough...she's terrible...oh my!"

It's touching to see the joking admiration that Diana had for Tina who was still part of the Ike and Tina team at that time...January 1970.

I included a snippet of that patter in my IG stories this morning to accompany Diana's tweet. Good times...

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I included a snippet of that patter in my IG stories this morning to accompany Diana's tweet. Good times...
    Yes indeed. Too bad Tina was not present!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Yes indeed. Too bad Tina was not present!
    I read Tina was there, but did not give approval to have her segment included in the released record. Not sure what is true ….

I don't think Tina was allowed in those days to freely do what she wanted anyway. But that would've been interesting if it happened in the late 1970s.