[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Museum visit

I've never visited Detroit, but I am anxious to visit the Motown Museum. I'm looking for a recommendation of where to stay. I will be traveling solo. Thank you.

Native; I would suggest you post this inquiry on the DetroitYes forum, which is the sister forum of SoulfulDetroit. There are lots of locals there that have information on where to stay.

I stayed in Detroit last weekend. I was at the Hilton Garden Inn at Gratiot and Brush, 3 blocks from the stadiums and close to downtown, Grand Circus Park, People Mover Stations, Eastern Market. If you go be sure to rent a car as you will need one to get around. Also recommend visits to the cultural district to visit the museums, especially Detroit Historical Society, the Detroit Institute of the Arts and Wright Museum of African American History.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I stayed in Detroit last weekend. I was at the Hilton Garden Inn at Gratiot and Brush, 3 blocks from the stadiums and close to downtown, Grand Circus Park, People Mover Stations, Eastern Market. If you go be sure to rent a car as you will need one to get around. Also recommend visits to the cultural district to visit the museums, especially Detroit Historical Society, the Detroit Institute of the Arts and Wright Museum of African American History.
    Thank you so much. I'd love to visit those sites. I was wondering if I should rent a car or rely on Uber.

There's advantages and disadvantages to both driving a rental or relying on Uber. I rented as I took a side trip out to Ann Arbor while there. But if you plan to just do Motown Museum, downtown, Eastern Market, and Cultural District, Uber as well as Q line on Woodward, People mover and walking may be better as you don't have to pay Hotel valet parking. Be advised though that it's a long trip from the airport into the City.