[REMOVE ADS]

!966 George Harrison's Fave 40 tracks

George [[& the other Beatles) always did have great taste ...
    He picked this version of "My Girl" as that was the big hit version in the UK and he really loved Otis ...

... I think it's strange that lots of Yanks on here had NEVER heard of Golden World / Ric Tic in the 1960's, but yet George had 2 of their releases in his Top 40 as early as January 1966.

His no.22 was by UK outfit Sounds Orchestral ... guess he got to like them when they were Mary Well's backing band on the UK tour she did with the Beatles.

Thank you for posting. A very interesting glimpse into a Beatle's likes in early 1966. I counted five Motown songs. Money That's What I Want is no surprise [the Beatles had covered it!], Ain't That Peculiar, Pretty Little Baby, My Girl Has Gone and Something About You [my own favorite Four Tops single]. He had Otis Redding's version of My Girl, which I also like very much, and two Edwin Starr RicTic singles. I love the idea of a personal jukebox!