[REMOVE ADS]

Best show opener and closer

since we've been chatting about the best last songs on an lp, how about the best opening and closing numbers of their live act?

Copa 65
    Opener - looks like they were testing out openers? was From This Moment On always the opened and then song 2 was Put on a happy face? and then Tonight only appeared on 1 show [[and with some goofs by Diana! lol)
    Closer - You're nobody

Roostertail
    come see about me
    Sam cooke - i guess Stop and You're Nobody were the encores?

TOTT
    Symphony medley
    you're nobody

Jean early 70s
    Feeling good
    oh happy day

Jean 72 tour w the Temps
    YWSSL
    ?? i can't remember what they sang before the Temps came back out and then both groups did IGMYLM and Rhythm of Life

Jean 73 Japan
    TCB
    Somewhere

MSC in LA
    We've only just begun/Tonight
    This is why i believe [[i think - or did they end the LA show at the Shubert with Love Train?)

MSS
    Everybody gets to go to the moon/corner of the sky
    IGLMHDTW

why not open with a hit???? its not like they had 1 or 2 that they were saving for the end...at least the original Jean Scherrie and Lynda FLO's opened with You Keep Me Hangin' On...

You keep me hanging on was the opening number during their Hollywood bowl shows as well as their summer 68 arena shows prior to Love Child

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    You keep me hanging on was the opening number during their Hollywood bowl shows as well as their summer 68 arena shows prior to Love Child
    yep - right after LC was released they opened with it so they could wear their LC costumes. after a bit they'd go change and continue the show

in summer 66 and into the Orient tour, they opened with Come see about me

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    why not open with a hit???? its not like they had 1 or 2 that they were saving for the end...at least the original Jean Scherrie and Lynda FLO's opened with You Keep Me Hangin' On...
    i also just listed a handful of the shows that i have, either from the released albums like Cop and TOTT or from bootlegs

I did like it when they opened their shows with "Come See About Me". I'm pretty sure they opened with their shows with that pre-Copa for a while as well. I liked it when they opened with "You Keep Me Hanging On" too.

The only show closer I liked was when they would close with the Sam Cooke medley like they did in Sweden. I wasn't a fan of "You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You" except for the Hullabaloo version and the Copa 67 one [[purely for Flo's fat is where it's at line).

I liked 'come see about me
    As an opener

The IHAS medley was nice,but it would have been better if not rushed.
    We've only just begun in 1970 was a nice performance