[REMOVE ADS]

Just remembering...the ink spots!

Every now an then i think of a classic group from way back, and today it's the classic pioneers of song- the ink spots with the great[bill kenney]who gave us the classics- if i didn't care... I can't give you anything but love... Stardust, these guys set the table for the doo-wop groups of the fifties and even the later soul of the sixties....just a shout out to a legendary group!!

R&B, I saw them perform with The Mills Brothers way back. A good show for sure!!!

The Mills Brothers...The Ink Spots....WOW...singing groups [[not boy bands) from my youth. Such incredible talent. And need I mention...class. Not ONCE did ONE of those talented guys grab his crotch while singing.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    The Mills Brothers...The Ink Spots....WOW...singing groups [[not boy bands) from my youth. Such incredible talent. And need I mention...class. Not ONCE did ONE of those talented guys grab his crotch while singing.
    Anyone remember Sonny Til & the Orioles from Baltimore? They were a talented group signed to the Jubilee label. Remember Crying in the Chapel?

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Anyone remember Sonny Til & the Orioles from Baltimore? They were a talented group signed to the Jubilee label. Remember Crying in the Chapel?
    I Do. I know two of their songs "Crying In The Chapel" & "It's Too Soon To Know". Two of the earliest songs to be classified as Doo-Wop in the '50s.

Loved these guys - I got turned on to them with Fred Sanford singing "If I Didn't Care" as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    I Do. I know two of their songs "Crying In The Chapel" & "It's Too Soon To Know". Two of the earliest songs to be classified as Doo-Wop in the '50s.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  21.1 KB"Crying In The Chapel was released in 1953, but "It's Too Soon To Know" wasn't a 1950s song. It was released in 1948. I bought "Crying in The Chapel" not long after it came out. It was among the first batch of records I got [[from my parents for my 7th birthday present).

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Every now an then i think of a classic group from way back, and today it's the classic pioneers of song- the ink spots with the great[bill kenney]who gave us the classics- if i didn't care... I can't give you anything but love... Stardust, these guys set the table for the doo-wop groups of the fifties and even the later soul of the sixties....just a shout out to a legendary group!!
    And then there were The Platters with all their romantic songs -- some new, some old.
    They could "sing the phone book," as they say.

[Remember phone books? Remember sitting on them at the kitchen table?]
    Last edited by 9A; 10-26-2023 at 06:11 AM.

Haaaaaaaa...i was still getting[phone books]as recently as five years ago, of course they were slimmed down like everything esle these days!!

Quote Originally Posted by 9A View Post
    And then there were The Platters with all their romantic songs -- some new, some old.
    They could "sing the phone book," as they say.

[Remember phone books? Remember sitting on them at the kitchen table?]
    Made me smile as my dad loved the Platters, and low & behold they are all sitting on the kitchen table
    Attachment 21115
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 11-08-2023 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jarvis View Post
    Made me smile as my dad loved the Platters, and low & behold they are all sitting on the kitchen table
    Your dad was one cool guy.