[REMOVE ADS]

Brandye...an obscure girl group

Coming up for sale at Dusty Grove. About half the price of amazon. I believe Pam Vincent is in this group [[Joyce's sister).

Brandye
    Crossover To Brandye

CD [[Item 142289) Kayvette/Ultra Vybe [[Japan), 1978 — Condition: New Copy

$12.99 ... CD

List Price: 15.99

Preorder: This title is scheduled for release about Wednesday, May 17.

Brandye
    Soul [[CD, LP)

A killer bit of female soul by a very short-lived group – one with a great sound that comes out of some real criss-crossing of styles – some deep soul currents, but some hipper modern soul touches at the top! The set was produced by Brad Shapiro, and has a good blend of his modern and southern styles of the mid 70s – similar to his work with Candi Staton – but it also features some impeccable arrangements from David Van DePitte, who gives the record a sweeping, swaying feel that buoys the vocals up on some really soulful backings. Titles include a great version of "How Long", plus the tracks "Mr Mystery", "You Accuse Me", "Rhythm Of Love", "One Woman's Trash", and "I Can't Weigh My Love". © 1996-2023, Dusty Groove, Inc.

I already have this from its original pressing. GREAT CD!! One Woman's Trash is terrific.

They did the backgrounds on quite a few Millie Jackson albums.

I've also got the original album here somewhere -- it was one of many 'lesser selling LPs' that found it's way in bulk to the UK in the 70's / 80's.
    The story goes that LP's made good ballast for empty cargo ships plying the UK - US route during those times. Old stock LPs could be bought from US record warehouses by the box full for a few cents each and made convenient 'weighty ballast' that was easy to load & unload. Once in the UK, the boxes were sold very cheaply & their contents ended up in UK record shop 'cut-out' bins for 25p upwards [[ i.e. 4 for a £).
    I picked up loads of great soul 70's albums & 12" singles from companies such as Atlantic, TK, Motown, Mercury, MCA, etc.
    The above was just one of those albums.

Thanks for the heads up, lakeside. I also have this album. I will need to give it another play. I seem to remember liking it. I wouldn't mind picking up the CD.