[REMOVE ADS]

‘Last Time I Saw Him’ Deluxe Streaming

i actually like the out takes better that what was used/ released in 1974
    i think somebody rushed out product rather than work on a solid album. imo.i would have released Blue ,and spent more time working on material.
    glad to have a deeper dive into this album

I don't think I realized that the deluxe edition wasn't available digitally up until now. Out of all of the previously unreleased Diana solo tracks we've been given up until now, I think I have enjoyed the ones included on this release the most. Thanks zani!

Yes. Zani - thanks. I have been rediscovering how good this lp is and how great Diana's vocals are.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I don't think I realized that the deluxe edition wasn't available digitally up until now. Out of all of the previously unreleased Diana solo tracks we've been given up until now, I think I have enjoyed the ones included on this release the most. Thanks zani!
    I'm inclined to agree Carlo. I actually play the outtakes far more than the original album, save a couple tracks.

i too like the outtakes. as individual songs, i think most everything on the released album is good. but there are too many different things going on. Turn Around from the To The Baby collection is lovely but just out of place here. the Bob Gaudio tracks are strong but they too don't mix well IMO with the Masser and Miller tracks on Side 1.

the title track is a fav of mine. just such a fun tune. but i think you could have easily held it a year or two. they should have released a second single from Touch Me In The Morning and then the duets album with Marvin. allow each project it's own time in the spotlight. TMITM was released in May 73 and so they could have done All Of My Life in Aug or Sept and had another big hit.

then just in time for Xmas, release Diana and Marvin lp and a lead single. the album already sold a ton. although it wasn't a chart smash, it stayed on the charts a LONG time. so i think releasing this as a holiday push would have been huge and it probably would have charted better. also I think 1 single from this is sufficient.

then in mid 74 you release LTISH and just let Masser and Miller handle the set list.

LTISH
    No One's Gonna Be a Fool
    Love Me
    Get it all together
    To love again
    You

Where did we go wrong
    Sorry doesn't always
    Together
    I'll be here
    why play games
    Behind closed doors

You could use a few of the Bob Gaudio tunes on DR 76. maybe cut Smile and use Stone Liberty. I like Kiss Me Now but maybe I Heard a Love Song would work here too