[REMOVE ADS]

Special Edition By Sid McCoy LP's

Anyone here got any of this vinyl album series of artist interviews.
    The interviews were undertaken [[70's / 80's) and the results pressed up on 12" vinyl which was then sent out to many black radio stns across the US for their on-air use.
    I believe dozens & dozens of different interviews were undertaken, sometimes at least one a week.
    There are quite a few that feature Motown acts ...
    Loads of them come up for sale on US ebay [[shipping costs across to the UK is too steep for me though).
    Attachment 20686

I remember hearing these programs on the radio, usually they ran late Sunday nights when I was supposed to be sleeping [[I was still in school.) The only one I really paid attention to was a show on the Spinners. At the time, I had only recently found out the group had been at Motown in the 60s and that fascinated me. A lot! So much of Motown was still new for me. Of course, this was way before YouTube or streaming/download was a thing, so I had no way of knowing how to look for the group's Motown stuff. The show played about 30-40 seconds of "I'll Always Love You" and that's all it took to hook me. Thanks to this show, I now had a new obsession: find the Spinners Motown stuff!

If I remember correctly, I think these shows ended with Sid McCoy saying "Roses on your pillow." Sounded classy to me!

Only just Motown connected [[his 'Poet' LP was released on Motown in the UK) ... but I'm really after hearing or buying a copy of the Bobby Womack LP in this series.