[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes remaking the Supremes

what song would you like to have had the group re-record again? this could be maybe DMF re-recording one of the early songs. or a later grouping redoing one of the tunes from the 60s

Surprise, surprise! You know exactly what I'm going to say:

A BREATH TAKING GUY

Oh how I would have loved if a re-worked version had ended up on Floy Joy. I think it would have been interesting to see what Mary could do with it. But on the other hand, because I love me some Jean, I know she'd probably lay me out with her version. But believe it or not, it also might have been interesting if Cindy did it. I just think it would've been the perfect song to revisit that they had already worked on with Smokey.

One that I would love for FDM to have revisited would have been "Never Again". Say around 1965. To hear the maturity in Diana's voice in comparison to how juvenile she originally sounded would have been great to experience, I think. And keep in mind, IMO, she sounds pretty damn good on the original. But the 1965 version would be more Motowny and less doowop, with Flo and Mary's harmonies really killing it. Yeah, I would've voted for that.

Most are perfect as is...that said ,...I go for the ones that missed.
    1.forever came today... Needs a different mix. I like Diana's vocals, lyrics but to me , but it doesn't have that HDH magic.
    2.your wonderful sweet sweet love
    3. Bad Weather
    4.let yourself go
    5. Where do we go from here
    I think all above could be dance hits with better mixs.
    Fond of YWSSL...good vibes
    A
    Last edited by daviddh; 05-10-2023 at 03:26 PM.

what if JMC or JML did Some Things You Never Get Used To. but more like a mid-tempo ballad. like 5:30 Plane or the Carpenter's Rainy Days and Mondays

and how about Let Yourself Go but as a traditional 4/4 Motown beat with DMF? sort of like Itching

as for the Smokey tunes and maybe redoing one for the FJ set, I think After All would be interesting as a lush ballad.

How about if Florence sung lead on all the singles! Just a thought.

as far as a remake I have always thought " Someday We'll Be Together" needed a face lift.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    How about if Florence sung lead on all the singles! Just a thought.
    I would have loved to hear Flo's take on "Come See About Me" when she performed it in 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I would have loved to hear Flo's take on "Come See About Me" when she performed it in 1975.
    So would I, although I'm more hyped about hearing her take on Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman". It is said she received a standing ovation. Seems like it would be a good fit for her. I must admit, for the longest time I thought Flo got up there and sang "I Am Woman" that they used to do in the Supremes. I thought that was such a weird song choice for a rape victim's benefit concert. Lol

I like the song, "There's No Stopping Us Now". It does feel like the production was rushed. A more catchy intro to the song and more bass in the song. Diana Ross' vocals are awesome on this song!

Mary...Everything's Good About You.....I'm Giving You Your Freedom.
    Cindy...You Are The Heart of Me
    Florence...Come See would have been a good one...maybe Forever Came Today...Lynda tackled it for Motorcity nicely.....

always said I would love to hear what Norman or Clarence Paul could have done with Jean....

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    I like the song, "There's No Stopping Us Now". It does feel like the production was rushed. A more catchy intro to the song and more bass in the song. Diana Ross' vocals are awesome on this song!
    I've never thought about that one as a single release before; however, imo, it has the elements of what might have been a successful single...even if that sax hiccup was left in the instrumental break. I can actually imagine the kids on "American Bandstand" dancing to it with smiles on their faces and applauding at the end because it was such a possible, uplifting song. There are so many climatic moments which release themselves on the refrain. Ok, Lurlean, get your mind out of the gutter!

I've always wished Diana would re-record "Touch Me in the Morning", similar to how she performs it in concert. Such a better interpretation and flavor than the original:

https://youtu.be/MAMVkXI3HTI