[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross: You've got questions, she's got answers.......

What questions would YOU would like to ask her during a show Q&A?

Chip in suggestions.

RULES:

No questions about Flo and Mary
    Nothing too personal or uncomfortable
    No small talk or superficial questions.

Just appropriate question suggestions you would ask next time someone goes to a DR show.

Please be civil or else I will ask Ralph to lock it.

The "rules" eliminated any question worth asking.

I would ask her if “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” was really her favourite song...Yawn.

I'd ask her to discuss how proud she is of her children

Like to ask her to record Ribbon In The Sky...from Central Park.
    Thoughts on her own albums

My question may is not meant to violate rule # 2 from above and may be shallow because it's not music related, however, I would ask,

"Miss Ross, on those days when you're home and free of career related demands, what do you enjoy doing for fun and relaxation?"

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    My question may is not meant to violate rule # 2 from above and may be shallow because it's not music related, however, I would ask,

"Miss Ross, on those days when you're home and free of career related demands, what do you enjoy doing for fun and relaxation?"
    I’m guessing the answer would be spending time with her kids.
    I’ve always thought it would be rather lovely to be a member of the Ross clan. It’s on a par with being one of the children in the Sound Of Music, riding around all day singing songs in outfits made from drapes.......If only.

I would ask her to reflect on her legacy and comment on how she feels she impacted the music world from her days with the Supremes until now. If she feels she has received her dues from the industry and the public,

I would tell her that I liked the song "Family" from "Dreamgirls" as she sang it in Central Park, NYC. My question would be is she considering to record it for her next album.

i would ask her if there was 1 song she'd like to rerecord, which would it be? was there one that, although maybe a hit, she wanted to do differently?

If I were guessing answers, I would say No she isn't considering re-recording Family and about her impact and dues she will feel "I feel very blessed, it's been a wonderful life".

Sorry I couldn't resist!

I'd ask her if there was a song The Supremes recorded after she left that was a particular favorite or one she wished she had recorded.

I might ask if there was a hit that she passed on that she now regrets.

I would ask Miss Ross if she would record a duet with The First Lady of Motown Dr Martha Reeves? I would love them to record together.

I'd ask if it's true Marlene Barrow replaced Florence on "You Can't Hurry Love". No one has ever asked the sources who were there [[Diana, Mary, HDH).

Seriously though her Q&A's always seem to turn into people telling her they love her and her talking about her kids. Every time I'd watch these clips on YouTube I'd get frustrated with these fans. Like come on she said nothing's off limits so ask something good!

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I'd ask if it's true Marlene Barrow replaced Florence on "You Can't Hurry Love". No one has ever asked the sources who were there [[Diana, Mary, HDH).

Seriously though her Q&A's always seem to turn into people telling her they love her and her talking about her kids. Every time I'd watch these clips on YouTube I'd get frustrated with these fans. Like come on she said nothing's off limits so ask something good!
    I think it all depends on the type of fan. As we know, there are some fans who view anything not a compliment as an attack.
    Perhaps during these Q &A sessions, the overwhelming desire to pay homage and please dissuades them from delving a little deeper and putting her on the spot. Hence the usual ‘how are the kids’ type questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I think it all depends on the type of fan. As we know, there are some fans who view anything not a compliment as an attack.
    Perhaps during these Q &A sessions, the overwhelming desire to pay homage and please dissuades them from delving a little deeper and putting her on the spot. Hence the usual ‘how are the kids’ type questions.
    I got the chance to speak to her during one of her Q&As. She handed me the mike and before I could even speak, I had people in my ear saying "Ask her where she gets her clothes." "What type of perfume does she wear?" It was getting on my last nerve.

Finally I just said that I really didn't have a question. But I feel as if you get the chance to tell someone what they've meant to you in your life, then you should. So I told her how I fell in love as a young boy the first time I saw her on tv and have loved her ever since. She seemed real touched and it got a nice round of applause.

But I could never see myself asking about a subject that I know she wouldn't want to talk about or something that was really none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I got the chance to speak to her during one of her Q&As. She handed me the mike and before I could even speak, I had people in my ear saying "Ask her where she gets her clothes." "What type of perfume does she wear?" It was getting on my last nerve.

Finally I just said that I really didn't have a question. But I feel as if you get the chance to tell someone what they've meant to you in your life, then you should. So I told her how I fell in love as a young boy the first time I saw her on tv and have loved her ever since. She seemed real touched and it

But I could never see myself asking about a subject that I know she wouldn't want to talk about or something that was really none of my business.
    It must have been a special moment for you reece.
    If the question is personal and intimate then of course not. Given the opportunity, i would like to think i could do a little better then what’s your favourite song or how are the kids doing these days?. She is a music legend who has been performing for over sixty years. I don’t quite see the point of a Q&A session if it’s only to tell her how wonderful she is or for her to reveal when she last went shopping with Tracee. Just my opinion.

My question would be I se you eventually strayed away from Motown the Musical, what do you feel about your image in that musical.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    My question would be I se you eventually strayed away from Motown the Musical, what do you feel about your image in that musical.
    That's an interesting one. I would also ask if she thinks the Supremes would have still been successful if Babara stayed in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    That's an interesting one. I would also ask if she thinks the Supremes would have still been successful if Babara stayed in the group.
    That is also another good question.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    She sawc Motown The Musical twice in NYC.

I would like to ask her if she thought her Harold Allen album would ever get released.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I would like to ask her if she thought her Harold Allen album would ever get released.
    Good question. Anything i asked would be focussed on the music.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever asked her anything she was reluctant to answer such as Motown 25, RTL tour or Flo’s death?.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Out of curiosity, has anyone ever asked her anything she was reluctant to answer such as Motown 25, RTL tour or Flo’s death?.
    And lived to tell the tale? Yeah, right.

I do recall one of the Q&A's where someone asked her something like if she ever talks to the other Supremes. That's when she did that weird "I don't know where Cindy is. If anybody knows..." crap.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Harold Arlen, not Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    And lived to tell the tale? Yeah, right.

I do recall one of the Q&A's where someone asked her something like if she ever talks to the other Supremes. That's when she did that weird "I don't know where Cindy is. If anybody knows..." crap.
    That was weird. And then she called Flo the main Supreme and that she never keeps in touch with Mary even though I think they were in touch lol. Oh Diana...

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Harold Arlen, not Allen.
    Thank you for the correction!