[REMOVE ADS]

So much junk on Ebay.....

What's wrong with this poster, lol? At least they guessed correctly which one Diana was, they had a 33.3% chance! Anything to make a buck, or in this case a Pound these days......and poor Cindy, always being mistaken for Flo, or Mary, lol.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195741207806

That's what you call a rip-off.

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    What's wrong with this poster, lol? At least they guessed correctly which one Diana was, they had a 33.3% chance! Anything to make a buck, or in this case a Pound these days......and poor Cindy, always being mistaken for Flo, or Mary, lol.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195741207806

Uggg. I saw that. It's almost like he couldn't even be bothered to get it right. "Oh people will buy anything!" he says with demented glee! Tee Hee Hee!

And is it just me, or has the well run nearly bone-dry for really good Motown memorabilia?
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 05-06-2023 at 01:18 AM.

What I love is when there is a craze for something with no obvious reason. I watch eBay closely to gauge prices for vinyl and shellac and for some odd reason the Andrews Sisters’ Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy 78, which isn’t all that rare, usually sells for over a hundred bucks, while their better discs get $3-10. A few years ago some twit picked up on Louis Prima’s Pennies from Heaven on Tic Fok and you couldn’t find a copy for less than $50. Before that it could be easily found for $10. EBay has a large collection of fake crap banking on such trends. I’ve seen lots of fake Supremes stuff over the years but my favorite was a rip off of the wall poster from Right On! Signed by Diana, Mary, and Florence.

Waiting....yes, it's very difficult to find any quality vintage Motown items on Ebay anymore which is unfortunate as I'm always looking to add to my collection of memorabilia. But I do keep searching on the site, everyday haha!

I too have seen some very obvious fake Supremes items on Ebay thanxal, and it's even more disappointing when you see them sell for decent money, especially when it comes to autographed items. Some are very obvious fakes, and you would think a potential buyer would do their homework before buying anything. As you mention, one of the most obvious offenders is when you see a DMF item signed by DMC....not to say that Cindy may not have signed some items early on with Flo pictured, but I'd doubt later on she'd continue to do so. As with any collectibles and buying on Ebay, buyer beware!