[REMOVE ADS]

Interesting article on Smokey revealing his relationship with Diana

https://www.theroot.com/smokey-robin...oul-1850386316

Basically saying Smokey should've kept it to himself and I agree. I don't know why he felt compelled to tell. Smoke was a dirty dog for that. Diana probably told him to keep it on the hush. Guess after 60 years he couldn't help himself when selling a new album smh

Poor Claudette. It must remain so humiliating for her.

Smokey has talked about it previously, revealing the truth little by little. I wish Smokey had been a gentleman about it and kept it to himself but he probably figured it is old news. Mary was the first to disclose it, J. Randy followed, and others have since joined in.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Smokey has talked about it previously, revealing the truth little by little. I wish Smokey had been a gentleman about it and kept it to himself but he probably figured it is old news. Mary was the first to disclose it, J. Randy followed, and others have since joined in.
    Got it, Reese. The story is decades old, and if Smokey were the man I wish he were he would have sold his new album on its musical merits, not on a nearly 70 year old affair.

He could have come up with a better name for his album.

Some of what he is saying seems sympathetic to both Claudette and Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

I wonder if the horndog is sending tempting selfies to either??

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Yeah but why take over 60 years to come clean publicly about it? I'm sure Claudette knew about it though but likely didn't hold it against Diana because of the alleged agreement she and Smokey had that Smokey can do what he wanted as long as it didn't result in a child. Just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Yeah but why take over 60 years to come clean publicly about it? I'm sure Claudette knew about it though but likely didn't hold it against Diana because of the alleged agreement she and Smokey had that Smokey can do what he wanted as long as it didn't result in a child. Just weird.
    There was an interview a few months back where Smokey was told that Diana had discussed it in her book, which was not true. Maybe that's when Smokey figured, no use hiding it now. Plus he's also working on a bio-pic. There could be more revelations.

When discussing it with author Mark Ribowsky in his book on the Supremes, Claudette said if there was an affair, she wasn't aware of it. She went on to say that she once asked Smokey and he said no. So she concluded that all she could do was trust him. She even went on to say that she never shunned Diana and when they all moved to California, Diana used to bring her nephew and daughters over to play with Claudette's children.

So it seems as if Claudette got over it a long time ago. But she did say "People do things in the dark, and if they [Diana and Smokey] ever want to share in the light, I'll be listening."
    Last edited by reese; 05-01-2023 at 08:55 PM.

Diana always chose her lovers well. Each one a further step up the career ladder. Sensible girl.