[REMOVE ADS]

Four Tops current singer hospitalized April 7th, claims racial profiling

This is from Detroit news channel 4. What caught my eye was that he says he informed the staff about security concerns because of threats against his singing group. What's that all about? Did the staff feel they had good reason to place him in a straight-jacket?? A lawsuit is being prepared.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...lth-emergency/

Quote Originally Posted by oldiesmusicfan View Post
    This is from Detroit news channel 4. What caught my eye was that he says he informed the staff about security concerns because of threats against his singing group. What's that all about? Did the staff feel they had good reason to place him in a straight-jacket?? A lawsuit is being prepared.

Well this is disturbing. If it's all true and accurate, it's disturbing that it happened. If Morris is pumping events out of distortion then that is disturbing. I hate this world.

Quote Originally Posted by oldiesmusicfan View Post

This is awful news! And what is this about threats being made involving The Four Tops? I hope that the lawsuit against the hospital gets to the bottom of things.

Well this story has some holes in it. Why was being a member of the group even brought up in an ER? Also, he never said what his actual diagnosis was.

I expect Duke to find a replacement here in short order. Wait and see.

Sounds to me like a bit of delirium may have happened along with whatever medical event Mr. Morris was having at the time, and may have necessitated the measures the hospital took. Who knows until all of the details come to light?
    Darin

Definitely more to the story.

I wouldn't consider Morris a "Motown singer", unless the article is meaning he sings Motown songs. I'm not aware that the Four Tops are currently signed to Motown.

Sounds like Morris also was trying to name drop, saying he was a part of the legendary group. I agree that Duke will be looking for a new Top.

For a straight-jacket to be needed Alexander Morris must have been in quite an agitated state and perhaps regarded as a threat to staff and patient safety. Like others I suspect there's more to the story. Threats to the Group - what threats are these - needs the Police surely?

But having recently been to A&E at a local hospital in Wales [[similar symptoms it sounds) I can tell you that being there for 14 hours - mostly sat in a waiting room - is no fun. It's no wonder folks get into an agitated state. Some people think they deserve preferential treatment in any case, regardless of triaging. A bit of "do you know who I am?" probably wouldn't work here.

Certain medications can cause violent behavior as well, I am a victim of that. Recently I had a simple cataract procedure. I am allergic to morphine and the anesthesia they gave me was morphine based. I was told I became belligerent, loud, tried to jump off the table, etc. No strait jacket was needed but I had to be held down to finish the procedure. I remember none of that and it is embarrassing. This happened on another occasion many, many years ago during a dental procedure where again I was given this and became somewhat violent.

Point is this may have happened to this singer as well and he has no memory of it. I don't.

could have also been low blood sugar issue....I had a very nice, quiet young professional man at work start talking very loudly...stand on his chair, start reciting lines from a Camelot type play, and then insist on dancing with his boss...I wanted to call Psych emergency...a coworker told me he was a diabetic...I ran out and quickly got him a turkey sandwich, bag of chips and a soda....he started eating after some discussion and calmed right down...he was very embarrassed.