[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Clarence Clemons

According to wikipedia, he has passed away From complications from the stroke he had last Week. I'm not real big on Springsteen, but it's a sad loss all the same!

Rolling Stone aparently reported his death, too. Here's their story.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...at-69-20110618
    Last edited by Doug-Morgan; 06-19-2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: to correct error

I enjoyed his music, that which he made with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and on his own. A superstar! He will be missed. Rest in peace Clarence "The Big Man" Clemons and thank you.

Marv

Hi this is Kev-Lo

R.I.P Clarence

I'm very sorry to hear that. I was really hoping that he was going to make a speedy recovery.
    The E Street Band is missing a very important member of the band. May he rest in peace.

So sorry to hear he passed. I was hoping he would pull through. He was a big part of the E Street Band. RIP Clarence

uptight Guest
    OMG, sorry to hear this...

Unhappy

Rest In Peace "Big Man"

I also thought he would recover.......so sad! I remember him on so many songs.........
    RIP

This is sad....I too thought he would make it back...RIP, Big Man......

he was too cool for school, rest in peace , his autobiography was a fascinating read.

This is the not quite auto-bio I was speaking of......

Name:  clarence.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  24.7 KB

smark21 Guest
    I'm not a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen's music, but I love the sax Clemons laid down on Aretha's "Freeway of Love". RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen's music, but I love the sax Clemons laid down on Aretha's "Freeway of Love". RIP.
    I was saddened by the news of his passing. I actually got to see Clarence Clemons perform with Bruce Springsteen several times when I was reviewing concerts. The most memorable time was the summer of 1985, at the Pontiac SILVERDOME in Pontiac, MI. Besides Clarence, I was one of few Blacks in the house. Springsteen and his band performed for almost 3 hours to a sold out crowd that had migrated in from all over Michigan and the rest of the country. I talked to fans from Canada that day and learned a lot about Springsteen, who volunteered at a local food pantry in Detroit. There was no air conditioning in "the Dome" that night and after three hours , everyone was drenched. I was always fascinated in the friendship between Springsteen & Clemons.

Somewhere in heaven, the angels are saying: "Blow Clarence, Blow!
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 06-19-2011 at 05:02 PM.

What an amazing dude...among the many other things he did before becoming Bruce's right-hand man was trying out for the Cleveland Browns! He's definitely one of the all-time great horn players...RIP, Clarence, and thank you...

Best,

Mark

R.I.P. Clarence Clemons.
    I dug "You're A Friend Of Mine".