[REMOVE ADS]

PIR TSOP vol.4 box release november 2023

This is the fourth box-set in a limited edition series that includes the third eight studio albums released by PIR in the mid-1970s. This series features all albums as well as being remastered from the original tapes and will chronologically chart the history of Philadelphia International Records.

The eight ''classic'' albums in Volume 4 include: Three Degrees: International, MFSB: Universal Love, Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes: Wake Up Everybody, The O'Jays: Family Reunion, Billy Paul: When Love Is New, MFSB: Philadelphia Freedom, Anthony White: Could It Be Magic, Lou Rawls: All Things In Time and an exclusive 12-inch on vinyl

The eight CDs are packaged in a large deluxe hardcover box including a beautiful 48-page book including rare photos with notes by Tony Cummings [[author of The Sound of Philadelphia) and a foreword by Ralph Tee [[Blues & Soul Magazine). The beautifully finished deluxe box contains an exclusive bonus 12-inch single, a poster and certificate of authenticity. This edition has a strictly limited edition of only 2500 copies and is the fourth part of a series of 10.

I placed an order at Amazon, yesterday. I still have questions that should have been released already by Philadelphia International Records. The questions are how many sets are left and what about the albums recorded prior to PIR being up and running. I think those albums belong to Gamble & Huff and includes The Intruders first 2 albums on the Gamble label. It's very odd that that "The Intruders Are Together" and "Cowboys To Girls" have not be attended to by G&H in the past and seemingly in these releases.

Edit: It was the third set that I ordered. I take it that the fourth box is just announced but not released as of yet?
    Last edited by mr_june; 05-01-2023 at 10:54 AM.

November 2023

The eight ''classic'' albums in Volume 4 include: Three Degrees: International, MFSB: Universal Love, Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes: Wake Up Everybody, The O'Jays: Family Reunion, Billy Paul: When Love Is New, MFSB: Philadelphia Freedom, Lou Rawls: All Things In Time and an exclusive 12-inch on vinyl
    does the very fact that an album existed qualify it a "classic"? I see the word in quotes, as a disclaimer ?...

Anthony White: Could It Be Magic,
    got interested when I saw this

but ... shoot....nah

The question I have is why aren’t they including the TSOP albums. I would have included those albums and omitted the reissues and greatest hits lp from vol two.