[REMOVE ADS]

Still no Monitors CD

Ordered it from HMV on pre-order, and just checked and their website says "OUT OF STOCK", don't these idiots order enough to cover pre-orders?
    No wonder there going out of business, if this is the way they conduct themselves, it's Play.com & Amazon from now on.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Diamond View Post
    Ordered it from HMV on pre-order, and just checked and their website says "OUT OF STOCK", don't these idiots order enough to cover pre-orders?
    No wonder there going out of business, if this is the way they conduct themselves, it's Play.com & Amazon from now on.

Alan
    I think it's more of ACE/Kent getting its distributor to send out copies to all of the retailers. I've noticed some retailers have had problems getting the Monitors' disc and Patrice Holloway's disc. I tried to pre-order both and had no luck with Amazon.com. I ended up ordering through someone else.
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 06-17-2011 at 04:46 PM.

I packed in with HMV a couple of years back, when I pre-ordered the Beatles Mono box with them, only to find it £20 cheaper in my local HMV store, I wrote half a dozen times to complain & got nowhere, so they lost a valuable customer.

Retailers "see me coming", hell no, they send a taxi for me.

I ordered Marv Johnson's I'll Pick A Rose For My Rose from HMV a while back [[after release) and it has still not arrived! I ordered a few CDs at the same time and all have arrived except that one. Not happy!

In order to take advantage of a VAT loophole, HMV and Amazon's copies are imported to the UK via the Channel Islands. I believe this causes complications and delays. The Satintones' CD was frustratingly in store at HMV about 10 days before I received my pre-ordered copy, and I cancelled my order when the same thing happened with the Contours. I have bought Marv Johnson and Patrice Holloway over the counter and no doubt the Monitors will turn up eventually.

I received mine here in the USA from Amazon UK on Thursday 6 /16.

I preordered the Marv Johnson and Monitors CDs from Amazon.com on April 16. I combined them on one order to get free shipping, but Amazon still shipped them separately. The Marv Johnson disc was shipped to me in May; the Monitors CD was shipped on June 15 and arrived here in Michigan today.

I got mine from Amazon UK....No problems, very prompt

Well I cancelled my order with HMV, and ordered from Amazon on Tuesday, and today [[Friday) it popped through the letterbox.
    I knew it wasn't a problem with Ace, as Amazon have proved. No wonder HMV are in trouble, if this is the way they do business.
    And I must ad this is up there with the quality I expect from Ace, brilliant sound, and an outstanding booklet; thanks to all involved.

I was determined to buy this over the counter. As HMV still didn't have it, I took a trip down to East Putney and bought it at Soul Brothers Records. It's excellent, particularly the Dean/ Weatherspoon tracks.

I received my copy today and listened to it while driving. On the first pass, I did not hear anything that as Mr. street says, had me tapping my feet'. The Smokey written song was OK, I think it was a good song I just wasn't sold. Show Me You Can Dance, when I first heard it on the Miracles Box, I loved, but for some reason never sounded the same afterwards. Maybe a little too Twilight Zone admittedly, but I figured with a cleaner mix, it would sound good, it was OK. To me the unreleased songs are a chord or two away from possibly great. It was almost as though the writer/producers knew the songs had no chance at being released as singles and went with the first idea they had. Writing songs is not easy and I respect anyone who has done it successfully. The vocals were good, but after getting glimpses from various compilations over the years, I was expecting something to knock my socks off. I will give it a couple more listens. In closing perhaps because of the long wait, my expectations were built up so high that it was impossible for the music to live up to the expectation.

It's finally on sale at HMV, Oxford Street, priced at £18.

£18....won't sell many at that price!

I've seen it at £16 in other shops.

Is it any wonder HMV are struggling to sell CD's.

bump..........

This Monotirs CD is excellent. Of the tracks I've not heard before, there is at least one stand out for me - It Only Happens When Love Is Gone. I keep on playing this one - highly recommended.